Guild Bank items gone

I am curious to know why I cannot see any content creator talking about this issue? There are hundreds and hundreds comments both on EU and US threads and yet no big content creator reported on this situation.

8 Likes

“Commercial considerations”

2 Likes

We just need to understand that the people who aren’t affected won’t give a damn.
Even if its in their best interests.

Maybe its just getting old… but the world really turned into a selfish greedfest and people are conditioned to just get along with it. There’s many things I get annoyed or even angry about but can’t say many others do. So maybe its just me that is the problem. :dracthyr_shrug:

Probably be easier if I could just roll over and not care.

6 Likes

Same - but the problem is I do care.

Because I have respect for the time and effort and money I have put into this game over nearly 2 decades - and I feel completely betrayed, dismissed, used, and abused by Blizzard because of the inadequacy and ineptitude of their response.

11 Likes

I think people care, I think this hasn’t hit a huge number of players, proportionate to the size of the playerbase, that doesn’t make it any less devastating for the poor people who are affected. But that is probably why it’s not been noticed widely by the community news etc.

3 Likes

They have locked the topic over on US. This is going well :+1:

6 Likes

I should probably reply before they lock this one down too. The US thread was just ‘closed’ in the middle of ongoing discussion. No reason given for closure either.

My guild bank was totally wiped, 7 tabs for 15+ years. Guild is myself + family member. They didn’t check as I said blizzard were working on it.

They logged in yesterday with their guild master character, and got an achievement for ‘explore some zone they did in 2010’; so data corruption made them get that achievement again.

No restoration mail at all. Everything gone.

And : their personal bank (not guild bank, their actual personal character bank), is also fully wiped. Nothing left.

Personal banks are not safe.

9 Likes

I wasn’t personally affected by this issue, but I’ve been keeping an eye on the thread and paying attention to the outcome. Anyone who doesn’t care about this issue should realize the same thing can just as easily happen to something they do care about.

So far, there has been confirmed Reputation, Guild Bank Items, and Honor Level data loss. Nothing has been done about any of these so far. Anyone who “doesn’t care” should really reevaluate that stance. I wonder will they care when their characters go missing, or when their equipped items go missing, or currency?

What has been going on for the past two years with Data Loss has been beyond careless and it’s to a point where anyone has to wonder, why are we playing this game if anything we earn in it, can be randomly lost with no possibility of getting help.

16 Likes

Couldn’t have sait it any better. This just shows everyone what people can expect from this company when there’s an issue. If this isn’t a huge middle finger to the customer, I don’t know what is.

I’m done with them. I didn’t want to quit, I was actually having some fun with the delves. But they clearly showed they are not worthy of our trust, time and money anymore. I hope a lot more people realize the gravity of this whole situtation and act accordingly.

11 Likes

I still haven’t received a single letter with compensation. Let me remind you that the contents of my two guild banks were completely wiped. One personal and one shared by my guild members. Blizzard’s incompetence STOLE a huge amount of stuff that had been accumulating for years from me and my guild.

It’s all very unpleasant, but I’m still not even surprised. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. Or did someone expect that if professionalism is given preference to inclusivity, the final product will increase in quality? It doesn’t work that way. In recent years, the phrase “Blizzard quality” has turned from something to be proud of into a laughing stock and a reason for jokes and memes. Yes, the current addon already shows the influence of Chris Metzen - and the addon is not as terrible as the previous two. But its overall quality leaves much to be desired. The game has a huge number of small bugs and shortcomings. There are many poorly thought-out mechanics, the authors of which simply came up with something without realizing how it should work and how players will abuse it. Smart game designers and programmers should feel and understand such things during development. The current team does not have such an understanding - they are just a bunch of cheerful multi-colored children. But as long as the professionalism of the developers means less than the color of their skin, their gender or how they identify themselves - everything will continue to go down the drain. And then wipes of items from guild banks will seem like just a piece of cake.

P.S. In my country there is a good old saying about this: a good person is not a profession.

6 Likes

Out of the almost 6 tabs I lost, I got 237 mackerel back. They might as well have just given me the middle finger. This along with the lost reputation (some of which I can’t even get back because of bugged NPCs) means I have given my last cent to this scummy company.

4 Likes

Opened a new ticket and the GM’s response was more generic than the AI’s. As again, they don’t care whatsoever and just say that GMs cant do anything about it, and she directs my back to the forums.

I am also unable to post on their Bluepost thread (Guild Bank Missing Items Update - #87 by Habrasa-saurfang) I have no idea why.

Let’s see how long they will allow this thread to run.

COMPENSATION blizz!

You guys who lost a lot, don’t be silent or give up. We fight until they resolved this properly, and we continue to pour into every damn post or news they or their conspirators who try to cover this up do.

2 Likes

So my subscription ran out last night, and geuss i wont be renewing it.

1 full guild bank all cleaned out and not a singel mail or anything.
thx for the years of fun, sorry it seems to end with this cluster**** of a bug.

2 Likes

There’s someone on the US forums who has been compiling a list of those who reported missing items from their guild banks, in their bug report thread on this issue (the bug thread has now been locked, along with several general threads (without, as far as I can tell, being merged)).

Obviously this is ONLY the people who have contributed to that thread, but it’s a snapshot:

2 Likes

They are trying to ignore all our posts. On US forums people open topics, moderators close them. But people are trying to draw attention to the problem again.
On RU forums people also write in support, there are fewer people writing there, but this does not mean that fewer people suffered.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to unfollow streamers and leave discords of the influencers who have decided not to report on this. If they want to follow the whims of the corporation, then they should understand the consequences of not standing up for players affected by this. My sub is cancelled and I’ll be creating a refund ticket next reset if Blizzards stance on this doesn’t change.

5 Likes

seven Guildbanks wiped an not item back or compensation for it Why am i paying a subscribtion still for this game!

2 Likes

So i will wait for the tomorrow to see my char… many mixed posts that somepeople nothing other so few things that ok i’m not going to say how angry they were, with due respect for all the reactions, mine being the memories that are more then the gold, and respecting all people’s sides because i’m not an IT but in my eyes it can be done… but if a tide rises i thing it will be done…

Said that i can only wait and see… because its beem soo long and even if “just” 6 tabs were in my case “gone” its was full mats from classic and other 5 expansions… so blizz cmon i bit of the respect from the better days, Green Jeasus that has come back listen to the players…

1 Like

3 subs cancelled, but 1 is a 12 month so at least I’ll get the opportunity to log in from time to time to see if more of my 5 missing tabs magically reappears, I’m hoping that there will be a swathe of sub cancelling that’ll make them realise they’ve let us all down and we simply can’t trust them to maintain the level of service we pay for and need to correct the situation!

2 Likes

DO NOT LET THEM FOOL YOU THAT NOTHING CAN BE DONE.

They have backups, they have logs. We still have bank logs, they told us they could see ALL our items.

They chose: to not put the time and effort (read money) to do right by us.
They also chose: to not compensate us.
They also chose: to not communicate with us.
They also chose to make an insincere apology.

It’s all their doing and it is all in their hands how to deal with it.

At the moment they are clearly telling us: YOU DO NOT MATTER TO US. We can take the loss of all of you quitting and we do not care.

And even if they were having conversations atm it would take them a minute to come onto the forums and tell us: Sorry, guys we messed up. We’ll update you later.

But no, they are like always NOT LISTENING while on every fricking social media platform, website and their events they always like to tell everyone: We listen to our players. Or: we are going to listen more to our players… Well here is proof. They don’t and they won’t.

15 Likes