Guild Bank items gone

It is particularly discouraging that no one from the community council had brought this up in their own special forum. If you ask me, just close the whole program right now. Somehow I am not convinced that none of them were affected in some way with how wide spread this problem is. Voice of community my ***.

My mistake, there was only one who tried to downplay the scale of it, among other useless rambling.

“The cross realm/faction guild I’m in was not effected at all. Though it does seem that whatever happened was limited to a small percentage of people so not sure if that confirms or denies that it could be a part of it”.

I’ve been holding page down button for the last 5 minutes scrolling through the US topic and I couldn’t find another member of CC replying to the topic. Thanks for looking after us, you spineless cowards, you’re just as bad as all the influencers, none of which had dared to mention a word on this over the last six weeks, but always hungry for whatever drama comes their way.

5 Likes

Yes them not having info is an absolute lie. I have screenshots of guild bank tab logs that have info, if I can see only that, they should be able to see way more!
And of course, they have more detailed back-ups and logs.

It is ABSOLUTELY their choice, the issue appeared with the patch 1 week before TWW launch, and they chose to completely ignore it as launch sales are ALL they care about.

The more people are public and cancel subs cause of this the more they will start caring, when their money drops that’s when they will care…

4 Likes

They can restore everyhing what have been lost and they did it for some “big” streamers and influencers. I’ve ready on US forums that Blizzard restored every single piece that streamers have lost from their guild banks. We have to answers to ourselfs why they don’t do that for the rest of the community.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m trying to say: blizz is planning to cover it up by bribing streamers, wowhead …

They forgot that those streamers were mostly players like us, and we are the ones who support both them and the streamers or wownews.

1 Like

I suspect that’s because they (Blizzard) cherry pick who are on the Community Council (as is their right) and they avoid picking anyone they think may say anything too controversial. There has only ever been one person on there, that I’ve seen, that was even slightly interested in what affects guilds. I suspect that one snuck through saying something else on their application form and with nothing that popped up on a background check (which they definitely do).

Edit to add:

I’ve just noticed this on the US forum. I don’t know if it’s true what that GM said (because we’ve been told stuff before in tickets that turned out to be complete rubbish), but copying here anyway for info:

Link: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/gbank-bug-update-from-ticket/1966844

4 Likes

That sounds somewhat hopeful, but I’m skeptical …

3 Likes

The statement that has always been at end of this thread : “This topic will close a month after the last reply” Is not true either, the US forum for this identical issue was closed and locked less than 24 hours ago - NO reason given.
So any last words anyone, before the same fate befalls the EU forum ?

5 Likes

Go a reply from a ticket opened friday night

Blockquote J’ai pu voir que plusieurs joueurs ont été impactés par ce soucis, mais qu’il a été réglé et la restauration des objets a été complétées le 21 septembre

translate : a few players has been impacted but the issue has been solved and the restoration process has been over since 21st of september.

So here we are with a giant middle finger in front of us, millions of gold value deleted and they are still telling us to move on

proof here : imgur com/a/6pWEIah

11 Likes

In case this my last post here. Our Guild Bank, Renascence, Vek’nilash, EU. More than a month ago was robbed of many thousands of items (including stacks), from all 8 tabs. Yesterday 1 stack of leather was returned to me as Guild Leader in the post yesterday… with an 89 day expiry on the return. That is it, 1 stack returned after a guild which has always been active for more than 14.5 years… Way to go Blizzard/Microsoft !

4 Likes

They closed and locked the thread on the US bug reports forum, that had over 2500 comments on it - however, the assumption is they did that because they (Blizzard) no longer class it as an active bug. They fixed the bug. They didn’t fix the consequences of the bug, but that’s a different matter.

Locked forum thread on US Forums.

There are still some threads open in their General forums, although apparently some of those are getting locked and, apparently, according to this thread, even deleted:

This one on the general forums got locked … but as far as I can tell, not merged (which is usually what they do when there are multiple about the same issue):

4 Likes

I agree 100%. It’s been too long since we’ve read that they’re dealing with us. The process, if it were ongoing, should have ended with more than just a couple of slots in the mail. And some (no, many), like my daughter, didn’t receive anything.

3 Likes

The Name of the thread “Guild bank missing items” Fixing the bug, could and should have been initiated in 6 hours or less. However that is NOT the title of this and the US thread… its the missing items… MILLIONS of which are still missing EU wide not even counting US and other regions… that has patently NOT been fixed, therefore the forums on this should not be closed.

6 Likes

Adding insult now - Customer Service staff are mocking us:

How can they possibly think this is appropriate?

It’s actually abusive.

Warm Greetings, xxxx!

Thank you for reaching out to us at Blizzard Entertainment! I’m Game Master xyz (anonymised), and I’m truly honored to assist a passionate player like yourself.

We’re thrilled to hear that you’ve been enjoying our games, and we always aim to provide an experience that not only meets but exceeds your expectations.

After thoroughly reviewing your account and looking into potential causes for this issue, it seems that a few players have encountered a similar bug. While I’ve checked for any immediate fixes on your account, the next best step would be to submit a bug report to our development team. This will provide them with the critical information needed to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

7 Likes

Yes, this is beyond good and evil. Some kind of dance on bones.

1 Like

17 years worth of collectible items, most of which can no longer be acquired, gone forever. I have transmogged my entire gear to “hide item” (except the weapon, which is apparently not possible) in protest – not that they would care (unless of course people stopped buying their transmogs from the Shop).

3 Likes

Why are they closing threads about this issue?
There are many guilds, just like mine, who have received nothing back and no indication of when/if things will be restored
Are you simply trying to shut us up, because you’ve restored the “most important” players to you?
NOT GOOD ENOUGH
We are all owed the same service, so either full restoration of items or compensation and not trying to drag it out until people give up
I know you are the messenger here, but this needs feeding back, that people who have been playing for 15 years or more are going to leave because of the lying and disrespect
Well you have until mid November (my 6 month subscription end) to sort out the Guild Bank for DragonHearts on Magtheridon or provide ADEQUATE compensation, that’s it, I’m not giving Blizzard more chances to fob us off with their nonsense any longer

SORT IT OUT NOW AND STOP CLOSING THREADS AND IGNORING THE PEOPLE WHO PAY FOR THIS GAME

8 Likes

We have celebrate one month after the incident without solution.
Guild Bank for Power Plates (Ravencrest-EU) have 6 empty tabs.

C’mon Blizzard. We pay you 19 years, new content does not keep the players on board, solid support does.

7 Likes

Executive Branch - GM Kilitus on EU-Aggramar. 7 tabs - tabs 2-7 completely emptied - Tab 1 which was DragonFlight materials (Ore/Herbs of all 3 quality levels) Fish/Meats/Lava Beetles/Crafting reagents like soft fur or whatever it was called - can’t tell you specifically because you deleted them) was pretty much all deleted except a few tier 1 ores and herbs - which I have subsequently removed and left my Guild Bank empty.

At the very least I want the gold spent on the Tabs back as the Guild Bank has been rendered totally unusable due to a total lack of trust that anything that goes in it is safe.

And No your reassurances that the guild bank is safe won’t cut it - because IT ALWAYS SHOULD HAVE BEEN SAFE - but NO - you managed to erase a significant percentage of it.

6 Likes

Holidays! Anniversary is coming soon, gifts for everyone.
And we write, they don’t read us or hear us, they just don’t have time for us.

3 Likes

Guild Bank functionality was never in question… missing contents were & I have NO faith that it ever will be.

EDIT:
Issues like this are gauged not by the acknowledgement that they happened, but by what was done to rectify them happening… we currently have a situation where - post-merge with a massive name in the tech. space - ABK is seen (at an active fix/resolution level) to be doing next to NOTHING to rectify a situation that has (likely) killed the dwindling faith in a game MILLIONS have held dear at some point.

Voting with our wallets - while admirable - will just let those at the wheel get away with this kind of issue… I don’t know that a total boycott of the game is an answer, but pressure needs to be brought to bear from some quarter with ‘power’.

I’m prepared to have my whole Blizzard account/WoW character stable blocked from the game to highlight the issue…

The ball is in YOUR court, Blizzard - restore what we ‘lost’ or do your worst.

6 Likes