Guild Bank items gone

One more maitnence and still nothing…

Some get few almost nothing… other everyting like someone found out… why…

Like for me there are memoris not just stuff… and memories with people that ano not alive… Respect its the thing everyone must think of…

3 Likes

I received only 9 items back mostly Wildercloth.
Not sure what to hope for, but since I still can see the items deposit entries for each guildbank tab, I have exported this info and put in a ticket asking where to direct the logs of the 147 items I’m still missing.

"Hi,
I have exported the logs from the guildbank showing all items deposited and never withdrawn. 6 of the tabs are completely empty and the logs shows most of the items that are missing. Some items I dont see in the logs, but lets start with the items I can see in the ingame logs (and most likely you can see the same).*

Please let me know where to direct the list of the 147 unique items and their stack count for restoration to commence.

Br.
xx"

5 Likes

Zyn, Guild Leader, Renascence, Vek’nilash, EU.
Yet another reset. and so far 1 stack of leather has been posted back to me, out of the literally thousands of items STOLEN BY BLIZZARD from our guild bank alone (inc stacks) 5 weeks ago and counting. 14.5 years since I formed our guild… and it has been constantly hanging around the max numbers in guild for all those years.

Blizzard closed its own US forum on same subject more than 2 days ago. Why is EU forum still open. The obvious conclusion is EU law is significantly better than US law on this sort of treatment.

OUR guild is short of thousands of items because of Blizzard mistakes… Everyone makes mistakes… It is what the company does to rectify which will define that company going forward… Does Blizzard/Microsoft really want this to be remembered as the greatest betrayal of a customer base in the history of video games ???

5 Likes

Is Blizzard still working on it or we get done in the butt? Because the banks are still wiped and all we got back was a single health potion

6 Likes

I thought you were supposed to be given the mystery drink before you got robbed/done in the butt. Or is that just the bars in my town?

4 Likes

Who knows really… their communication that they’ve been trying to get better at for 2 decades still results in mostly ignoring all of us.

None of the employees seem to be able to say anything on it since the ‘official insincere apology’ nor do they seem to know anything that goes on in their own company.

3 Likes

I was “lucky”, only first tab got wiped. Still, no items mailed back

5 Likes

I think that’s it. I’ve had nothing back either. Someone on another thread posted a copy of a reply by a GM who said that everything was sent out, that could be, on the 21st. I don’t know if that’s the case … unfortunately we’ve been given conflicting information from GM’s on tickets too, so it’s all just guess work.

2 Likes

Probably will get 0 traction… as the few posts or articles barely had any interaction… but eh, got to try ey.
If others posted things like these: share. I’ll retwit or share links.

Can’t say there’s much noise about this issue.

5 Likes

This topic will close a month after the last reply.

Let’s just never allow it to close. :slight_smile:
Kitten these “developers” and this company with it’s absolute cold sausage-water level of support.

4 Likes

NOTHING of ours (8 tabs, rare and accumulated items over 14 years) restored!!! Open a ticket and similar to others got text below and told to post my disappointment on a forum…someone needs to start a class action lawsuit - might sound OTT but when is Blizzard EVER going to be held to account?! They just hope we will continue playing and forget…

There are such things as emotional distress, and paying money for services which are not fit for purpose, not provided fairly, not properly supported, where you can’t complain or escalate a complaint and where you participate in good faith only to have significant losses in terms of what you have paid for - FOR YEARS.

"Greetings, I hope you’re well!

My name is Game Master Lohkuull, and I’d like to apologize for the time it has taken us to get back to you, we have been quite busy with the War Within expansion launch, but we are doing our very best to get back to every player as soon as possible.

I completely understand the frustration on this matter and the fact that you are disappointed. A forum post explaining the investigation into this issue and the outcome has been posted and you can read below:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/guild-bank-missing-items-update/1963451 (US region)
Guild Bank Missing Items Update (EU region)

Please make sure that you post your feedback in there. We as support will be unable to provide any kind of restoration on this matter, and creating a ticket about this, will not resolve this issue for you. We will also be unable to escalate a request like this internally and are unable to accept any kind of screenshot or list as evidence of missing items.

I appreciate that this may be a disappointing outcome, regrettably there are limitations in what can be provided back due to the lack of logs.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Have a great day!"

5 Likes

I’m french player, on the French forum people say “it’s good we move on” or “it’s ugly but it’s life”.

They cannot understand that it is not normal to be harmed in this way…

We are Blizzard customers!

I think Blizzard quickly forgets that we are customers paying for a service and not “patients”.

When a customer suffers damage, if the company that offers a service is responsible for it then it must compensate in any way the customer.

SO NO THE SUBJECT IS NOT SOLVED!

7 Likes

Yes, the issue is not resolved, but with every support response that I read here on the forums, the understanding that this is how it will all end only strengthens.

2 Likes

I got exactly the same answer (word by word), and I can still see the items that are missing in the guildbank tab logs, so I dont really understand how they can say that they cannot restore the items, and I wrote that in the ticket too.

4 Likes

They had to be directed to answer the same.
Blizzard does not want to hear us.

We are customers and we have a right to compensation for the damage caused.

On Reddit there are also people who talk about this major problem… But there are always people who say “it’s okay, we have to move on.”

Accepting and keeping quiet is not the way to make things happen.

Personally I re-submitted a ticket to express my dissatisfaction.

Blizzard cannot ignore us forever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1fodlt9/the_guild_bank_thanos_snap_should_get_more_outrage/

3 Likes

Hi,

You have completely wiped 2 guild banks of mine. One of them was a trade alt bank that had some of rarest (now long time unobtainable) BOE items in it. I’ve probably lost items worth 10s of millions of gold I could sell on the AH. Amongst them items that there’s probably less than 10 in existence nowadays (boe items from the the 10 hour The Gates of Ahn’Qiraj opening even from 19 years ago).

I have no idea what’s going on. You said “we will soon mail” - what’s exactly is soon? Did you already mail all the items you have found to the guild leaders and this is it or is this an ongoing process and we can expect stuff still to be mailed to us? Will the guild leaders that lost everything and no items were found receive a mail acknowledging that they won’t receive any items?

I’m so disappointed in the way this has been handled that for the first time in almost 20 years (I started in beta) I’m considering quitting.

6 Likes

It is clear that no matter how many tickets we submit and how much we complain on Blizzard’s own forum, they will continue to ignore us.

There have been a few mentions of it outsite the Blizzard community, but we need to continue to make noise (comment on their sites etc.) if we really want to be heard and have any hope of putting pressure on Blizzard.

So far only GameRant has mentioned the issue, but it’d be nice to see other big sites like PCGamer, IGN, Kotuka, GameSpot etc. pick it up too.

There are also some videoes on YouTube picking it up and explaining really well:

The latter also tried to start a petition but it sadly seems to have drowned in the US forum posts as only a few have signed so far:

I am deeply dissapointed in the big voices in the WoW community and I understand Blizzard has likely asked them to not discuss this subject “or else”. Sadly they have chosen their “golden handcuffs” over the solidarity to their fellow gamers.

But as I said - all we can do, is continue to make noise outside this forum, so go to the sites/vids I linked above, add your comments there, sign the petition, don’t give up.

11 Likes

What I find really strange about this story is that no streamer of Wow was affected by the bug ?
Does anyone mention it ?
Is it just impossible ?

French side, there are no articles on the subject of site like Millenium, Judgehype…

As if it didn’t matter when it’s a major problem !

And as it happened on the guild banks, it is worth saying that in the future it could happen on any storage space.

And we’ll get a “sorry oupss” from Blizzard ? It’s just unacceptable.

4 Likes

the companys purpose is not to maximize customer-happyness.
it is about earning trust and big investments by your shareholders.
this is capitalist reality.

everybody accepted their license agreement. In case of data loss, blizzard is not liable.

sure, it is moraly wrong and unjust, like much things are in this world.
it is.
and we dont have Lawyers like Microsoft-activision-blizzard has.
we can not get out of this situation. what will happen is censorship and bans.

2 Likes

There was mention on one of the US threads of a streamer who had been affected who, within 2 days of their stuff going missing, got it all returned. I’ve not seen any evidence about this and don’t know which streamer it was … but it would certainly explain why streamers aren’t reporting it. As far as they’re concerned it was a minor glitch, it was fixed, all was sorted.

4 Likes