Guild Bank items gone

I read this on Reddit :

If you’re tired of yelling at the void, remember that Blizzard also has Twitter accounts to tweet issues. They seem to be more active there than here or on the main forums. Maybe there are answers to find, maybe they will ignore everyone, but it can’t hurt to ask on another social media platform. Especially with the COMPLETE breakdown of communication on this issue between developers, players, MJs, forum moderators, the lack of communication only makes things worse.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS

5 Likes

People please, it doesn’t have to be my post… but you need to do an effort.

At the moment most social media posts and articles have very little engagement. With that kind of numbers its easy for Blizzard to shrug it off as: just a handful negative posts.

1 Like

The response to my request from Mj side Fr :

"I received your request regarding the disappearance of objects in the bank of your guild.

A bug has recently affected the bank of some guilds, and our developers have been able to fix this bug. You can use the guild bank safely now.

Regarding missing items, our developers have posted a message on our forums to explain the situation in detail about what happened, and about the possibility of restoring them (most browsers can translate the automatic message if you do not speak English):

Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Please note that only the guild leader will receive restored items by mail. The game masters team is unable to restore missing items, or offer compensation for this bug. Of course, do not hesitate to post on our forums if you want to send your feedback about this situation to our developers. If any further action is required as a result of this bug, it will be from our developers, not game masters.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience. "

1 Like

So all mails with restored items are already sent or I can still hope to receive mine?

1 Like

Got no mails what so ever on any of my guilds-20 tabs lost in all over 3 guilds and nothing back!

3 Likes

Think the jury is out on that one. Some messages from Blizzard have essentially stated that all mails have gone out, so if you haven’t got anything, that’s it. But others are saying it’s an ongoing process.

Someone on one of the US forums said they received something yesterday … but I don’t know if that’s because they’d not checked their mail for a while, or it did just arrive then.

I’d imagine Blizzard will not tell us anything specific, because they’re planning on stringing us along - just keep us quiet enough with that little bit of hope, until we all give up and go away.

They may get their wish in some cases :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Since I logged in, I figured I’d update:

Still no mail arrived, 0% of items restored.
I tried playing, just felt bad. Back to Steam it is.

Sub renewed in the beginning of September :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:, so I’ll have another 5 months of torment to go through if Blizzard stays silent. :dracthyr_cry_animated:

1 Like

I’m just waiting and hoping.

1 Like

5th Aug before my 12 month sub falls off - it isn’t setup to extend beyond then.

So far no restore emails.

Although I did have two a couple of weeks ago (before they said that was how restores were going to work) that I put down to auto-loot being buggy.

Actually that was on one or other of my level 80s that is not the GM of either of my guilds, so it cannot be the restoration emails.

Already I notice logging into the forums this morning that rather than both threads on this having new posts - it is only this one. I feel we’re losing momentum already.

1 Like

Just what Blizzard are hoping for …

2 Likes

It is mainly that apart from expressing their dissatisfaction, we know very well that we will not be heard on official forums.

After articles start to appear regarding this problem : Massively Overpowered has an article that touches on this fiasco, among other MMO disasters.

https://massivelyop.com/2024/09/26/massively-overthinking-do-you-expect-compensation-for-mmorpg-trainwrecks/

Edit : Us is on this post that the discussion continues :

And I finally found a streamer FR affected by the bug who did not even know that it was because of this : Solkarine

In addition I am limited to the participation of this post, which does not help to make it live… it happens other players are also

1 Like

That doesn’t escape me.

1 Like

The US post was closed and locked 3 days ago, dont see why it was closed, only that a Community Manager closed the thread. It had 2600+ posts.
High risk that this thread will meet the same fate any time now :frowning:

1 Like

I was reading now US forums. There are almost 2000 posts in General topics already, and support won’t let us open these topics. Things are bad, they are trying to ignore us.

1 Like

My personal banking guild was also affected by this bug. All the tabs, each dedicated to specific categories (ores, herbs, elementals, etc.), were unlocked. I have separate Excel sheets for each type of material, listing the order in which I want them sorted (unfortunately, without quantities). Essentially, it was a vault full of old crafting materials. After the bug, all that remained were some early expansion special leathers.

There are 7x14x7=686 slots in a guild bank. When Blizzard made their feeble attempt to rectify the issue, I received only three stacks of Draenor leather. That’s it. Three out of 686 slots is roughly 0.44% of the total capacity. After a week of waiting, I’ve come to accept that no more mail is coming my way, and all those years of gathering and meticulous organizing were for nothing.

Apparently, there will be no compensation of any kind, and we’re just expected to carry on as if nothing happened. It’s hard to accept, knowing that anything could vanish at any moment, and Blizzard wouldn’t be willing—or even able—to help in any meaningful way. What if mounts, pets, transmogs, or reputations disappeared? After a month of radio silence, you’d get 1% back, and Blizzard would consider the issue resolved?

Sorry if I sound dramatic, but what’s the point of playing this game if Blizzard is incapable of properly storing data or performing backups? This situation might be more tolerable if we could trust that, in the event of technical failures causing player losses, they would go above and beyond to make things right. Unfortunately, as we’ve seen here, that’s not the case. Yes, we’ve heard countless times that “the data is just gone.” But that doesn’t rule out other forms of compensation.

2 Likes

There’s also Guild Bank Missing Items Update - #131 by Hatalii-aggramar in the EU general forum.

And again it is Friday afternoon, and the GM team are responding to their tickets without reading them.

Because how else can you explain this response?

And I’m showing them more courtesy and respect than they are showing me by still anonymising the name of the respondent:

"Thanks for contacting Blizzard Entertainment. This is Game Master Hxxxxxxxxx, you can call me Hxxx.

Upon reviewing your ticket, I appreciate your detailed explanation, which allows us to fully understand your predicament. We will work diligently to find a resolution that aligns with your expectations.

I can see that you’re facing challenges with “items missing from the Guild Bank”.

Regarding your issue, we would love to thank you for submitting the bug report, and as for the moment, note that once our Developers team receives the report, they can test the issue and attempt to recreate it. If they are able to replicate the bug and pinpoint the cause of it, they will send their information over to the Development team. From there, they can correct any issues within the code that need fixing, and then you’ll see that reflected in patch notes or bug fix blog posts.

I know this has been frustrating, but I hope this information helps. May you otherwise have a good week and take care.

Best Regards,
Game Master Hxxxxxxxxx."

So had they read the response you’d expect the response to be:

“Yes, thanks for reporting the bug - and the devs have replicated it, observed it, are aware of it and have fixed it, and are doing restores, so please watch your guild masters mailbox for restoration emails”.

That would have been a whole lot more acceptable than telling me what they do when a bug report is filed without actually addressing the issue I’ve logged.

Frankly - they’re going through the motions.

2 Likes

and my reply to them was:

“Had you read my full ticket - you would already know that this is a recognised bug, and Blizzard have made an update post about it. You simply haven’t bothered at all to address the issue with this last response. Please try better to address the issue, restore my content, as the restore so far has not returned anything from my Guild Executive Branch GM Kilitus on eu-aggramar. If nothing will be restored - what compensation am I getting for the stacks of ores/herbs/foods/fish rep tokens, recipes, consumables etc that were in my guild bank?”

3 Likes

Yup, pretty much … in fact less than, because that looks like the type of stock response you’d get when someone cherry picks “appropriate paragraphs to add to this type of ticket” from a crib sheet.

Perhaps that was an AI response?

3 Likes

Yep that’s a sample of what is to come for all for all future ticket responses. Artificial zero-Intelligence, sounds just like Microsoft’s very own brand of it !

4 Likes