Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Happy 20th Anniversary WoW Players!

Forget the items you lost, grind the new stuff on October 23rd! Maybe in 10 years, you’ll lose that too, who knows!

I write sarcastically of course, but I do wonder if this really the way they are thinking.

10 Likes

I’m talking of compensation. Costs them barely any time. Pick a package, deploy. That’s it.
You know, it would be obvious that I was talking about that if you didn’t cut the rest of that bit out.

1 Like

Its been a month, their on radio silence and no one is getting anything back! blizzard are just going to ignore players till they stop talking about it, they did the same with the auction house lost items

It’s a shame there isn’t a Blizzcon this year, because I’d expect people to rock up with Placards or T-shirt slogans calling this out.

10 Likes

The scary part of this is people will stick around, and they’ll learn that is an acceptable standard of service.

No one will take action because how do you describe in court any of what happens in game or provide proof if its value, and even if there was any chance of a successful suit, people won’t for fear of getting banned.

At this point the game is a lifestyle to some and that’s hard to abandon

1 Like

A month ago blizz responded to my ticket: “we’re doing our best to restore your items”, but as I see they doing nothing :\
I thought other people got their items back and blizz ignore me because of RU realm, but other people also lost everything. I stored in my gb many rare items and pets, tons of reagents, transmog items. My friends also put some their items there. Aaand it’s gone! southpark.jpg
15 years of play disappeared in one moment :dracthyr_cry_animated: I’m angry and disappointed.

5 Likes

How this process has worked is very simple, Blizzard knows the time quoted by their database administrators to look at older snapshots of the database, compare the difference to the new version, and add the missing items back.

They also know the hourly rate (Salary divided by hours worked) of the people in charge of managing the database, and how many hours it will take, let’s call this number X.

They have a guestimate of if they do restore items, what future support requests might cost if something like this happens again, let’s call this number Z.

They have a guestimate at how many people will quit over this issue, and what that will cost them, let’s call this number Y.

As long as X + Z is more than Y, nothing will be done.

Note: all of this is theoretical, I do not, and have not, ever worked at Blizzard or seen any of their internal processes and systems

4 Likes

It would still cost them lots of man hours to fignure out who was struck and how many and what items was lost to do some kind of compensation.

No it wouldn’t.
They know which guilds are affected. I am talking of a broad compensation they don’t have to know what people lost. Its about a sign that they care. So they can come up with whatever they deem is enough (we might not like it, but at least it would be something).

(Edit: toned down my snappiness)

5 Likes

With patch 11.0.5 coming in a week i will empty out my war band bank temporary because there is a update coming with the war band bank.
Maybe another sorry players but g… incoming.

4 Likes

In the case of GDPR, you’d need to contact your local data protection authority (DPA). Each EU member state has its own DPA responsible for enforcing GDPR. You can find your country’s DPA by Googling: ‘GDPR data protection authority by country.’

Once you have the contact information, you need to file a complaint. They might have an online form for that. You’ll need to describe how Blizzard has breached GDPR, provide evidence (I wonder if this forum post is sufficient?), and explain what action Blizzard has taken in response to your concerns (so far, mostly radio silence).

After filing the complaint, the DPA will review it and may launch an investigation. Once the complaint is submitted, the process is out of your hands. The DPA investigates, contacts Blizzard, and could issue orders to correct the issue, such as improving their data handling practices or compensating affected users. Fines can also be imposed based on the severity of the breach.

Or, alternatively, they could review your complaint and deem it a non-issue, doing nothing. Worst case scenario is that our situation stays the same.

3 Likes

One day left to my subscription. I hope i will never return to wow again.

4 Likes

I wish you great fun in other games and more respect from the developers wherever you land!

There’s a world of great games out there. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

4 Likes

This sets a precedent for any future losses. Now they dont even hav eto bother with them at all if they happen again. They got away with, as much as they can, once, so they kno what percentage of the playerbase they lost due to that.

But what gets my goat is no compensation packages.

I skpped a few years on one account in a game i played. I only played 1 of two accounts.

The game in question is asherons call, which pre-dates wow by about 5 years. AC came out in nov 1999. I started AC in jan of 2000.

AC is responsible for me not startign to play wow till 2010.

AC was one of the first 3 MMO’s online. Monthly content patches so new stuff like quests, areas ad things. Every month we got a patch till they shut the game down in 2018. You can still play the game by the way. In emulator mode. Just like private servers in wow ther is a server scene for asherons call.

Asherons call. A game which put wow and what wow stands for to shame. Whch is why did not even touch this awful and cool game til 2010. Sometimes i wish i never touched wow. But sadly i did. I have a love hate relation ship with thsi game but our relationship is heading now for a serious divorce. We are not married any more. I have moved on.

Anyway.

I log into an old AC account one day and am presented with the biggest log in spam i ever saw in AC. So i saved it. It was impressive.

AC had its fair shore of rollbacks in its days of being online. THey have also moved data bases and actually gone off line for a while to move data centers when they bought the rights back from microsoft.

But for every mistake Turbine, the company that made AC, made they caught them early and fixed them with rollbacks if they had to. If things got bad and people lost stuff then they rolled out compensation packages for people.

The log in spam you will read has to do with some fo that.

here is is.

The High Queen has deemed that all citizens of Dereth be awarded a pennant!
Make sure that you have free space in your pack and speak to Jalina al-Hajj of Al-Arqas.

The High Queen has deemed that all citizens of Dereth be awarded a raiment!
Make sure that you have free space in your pack and speak to Adara al-Rajin of Al-Arqas.

You have become knowledgeable in the methods of Salvaging.
Happy Fifth Anniversary! As part of the celebration, the Council of Sages has placed a gift in your backpack. Treasure it well!

Asheron’s Call now features Global Chat Channels! For information, click the question-mark icon in the upper right to bring up Help, and then go to “Global Channels” under “Communication”.

Asheron’s Call now features a lovely new Friends UI! In addition, you may now have up to 50 friends! Check it out!

You are eligible for a compensation item in return for our 2008 server problems. Please visit a Royal Guard in Holtburg, Yaraq, Shoushi, or Samsur for further instructions on how to claim your compensation.

The Temples of Forgetfulness and Enlightenment have had the timer for their use reset due to gameplay changes made in the August 2008 update.

The Temples of Forgetfulness and Enlightenment have had the timer for their use reset for the 10th Anniversary.
You are eligible for the 10th anniversary pet!
Make sure that you have free space in your pack. Go to Ayala bint’Shashqa, the Arcanum Tinkerer, in the Pet Shop near the Obsidian Span at 35.2N, 39.3E.

The Temples of Forgetfulness and Enlightenment have had the timer for their use reset due to gameplay changes made in the November 2010 update.

Your specialized Dagger skill has been removed. All the experience and skill credits that you spent on this skill have been refunded to you.
Your trained Assess Person skill has been removed. All the experience and skill credits that you spent on this skill have been refunded to you.

The Temples of Forgetfulness and Enlightenment have had the timer for their use reset due to skill changes.
Your opportunity to change your skills is renewed! Visit Fianhe to reset your skills.

Your opportunity to change your attributes is renewed! Visit Chafulumisa to reset your skills.

Asheron has gathered weapons to help the heroes of Dereth adapt to recent advances in combat training! Find Asheron’s diamond golem in Arwic to claim your free weapon.

The Temples of Forgetfulness and Enlightenment have had the timer for their use reset!
Your opportunity to change your skills is renewed! Visit Fianhe to reset your skills.

Your opportunity to change your attributes is renewed! Visit Chafulumisa to reset your skills.
Your opportunity to change your Masteries is renewed!

The Temples of Forgetfulness and Enlightenment have had the timer for their use reset!

Your available skill credits have been adjusted.

Thank you for purchasing the Throne of Destiny expansion! A special gift has been placed in your backpack.

Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly.

2 Likes

25 days and counting since the empty promisses from the topic starter. No mail, nothing. Not even a copper or a silk cloth. No communication. Is this still in progress? Such disdain and contempt.

3 Likes

The moment that some tabs of my guildbank were already empty, I took screenshots of all my guildbank tabs. So I know exactly what items are missing, after my guildbank was completely emptied the next day. I got none of my stuff back in my mail.

Are screenshots evidence in my case. Do I have any chance of getting my stuff back when I make a ticket with the screenshots for it? We hear nothing about it anymore. Not talking about it does not give us our stuff back.

No, blizz never count screenshots as an evidence. It is easy to photoshop them, so you have no chance :frowning:

…has nothing to do with your items at all, all they care about is how to get your your money as easy as possible.

1 Like

…is not involved here. They made sure your personal data is not related with anything ingame at all. Everything in wow is wow alone. You - as a person (GDPR is caring about) - do not exist in Wow, just in Battle.net.

All you can do is stop paying.

This isnt over yet, I’m afraid. From US forums:

**Guild bank went blank TODAY (Oct 2, 2024)

2 Likes