[H-RP Event] The Thalassian Skyguard Second First Birthday THIS SATURDAY 25TH!

Quel’thalas is once more host to the excited and slightly worried whispers about their aerial military group - The Thalassian Skyguard’s, second first birthday anniversary coming up! Sunstrider Isle has become the playground for these whacky sky chasers who look to put on a great evening for the Horde to come and help them celebrate their successes.

Last year was such a success, where organisations that have worked alongside the Skyguard were invited to attend an event filled with prizes, fun activities and amazing displays of aerial acrobatics, that this year we’ve decided to do that again. AND MORE.

Date 25th September
Location 19:30 - meet at Falconwing Square, 20:00 - meet at Sunstrider Island
Faction Horde
Argent Archives Birthday Amazingness
What to wear ‘Silly Costume’ theme

The evening will be beginning with a test for each guest to pass through in the ultimate battle of wits, with the chance to best each question master and steal their prizes so that when you arrive at the party, you come PREPARED!

Following this brain teaser, you will arrive at the bridge to Sunstrider isle where the opening ceremony will begin as a feast for your eyes only, so that you can see exactly the training the Dragonhawks your charitable money has helped us train!

Schedule

|590x200000

Event map

|590x20000

Drinks and Food menu
|590x200000

Drinks And Food Menu page two
|590x200000

Some events require signing up, please leave a comment in the forum below if you wish to put yourself forwards for any of the games. Sign ups may be limited so get them before they are all gone!

Event Sign ups - if it isn’t featured, you do not need to sign up in advance

20:30: Skydrop Arena

Come test your skills in the Skydrop Arena, a place where the only rule is to be the one who rules! An all out brawl fight until the last participant standing. Infamously last year the Skydrop Arena ended in the chaos of Dahlia drop kicking Garathil, neither of which were participants! Guaranteed fun for all the family.

Hosted by Sergeant Vaelath Ashleaf at the blue arena.

21:30: The Ultimate Illusion - WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?!

A contest in which the best arcanists of the world come together with one spell and a lot of imagination. This is a battle of art and skills where participants must out-polymorph their opponent under the eyes of the judges, and the one with the best polymorphs move forward.
Hosted by at the at the blue arena.

22:00: Dancing with the clouds

Couples come together in the art form of dancing, taking to the stage where the music gets thumping and the blood gets pumping. Dancing is something that Dragonhawks are known for and in this twist of circumstances, people have to dance it out and leave it all on the stage! Only one couple can be crowned the winners!
Hosted by Lieutenant I’len Lavelan at the Green Arena

Out of character contest: Design your own Dragonhawk Hatchling Costume

Hey one of our hatchlings has not got anything to wear to the festivities! Can you help them out by designing them the best most fanciest costume? Don’t be shy to go extreme because these Dragonhawks like to be the centre of attention!

PSD file download

|590x250

Imperator Winner King Winner Ace Winner
Skydrop Arena Serital Verzan Tialis
Dancing with the clouds Khania & Bhut Tialis Vivan & Elliee
Hatchling costume contest Verzan Feltrend Tialis
Fishti-cuffs Bhut Jolokia Khania Salmon Fish#3
Buck-a-hawk Kaitylinn Florian Estelle
Guess the egg Miama - -

We will be taking pictures through out the evening and encourage people to do the same where we will compile it into a final over all compendium of high lights! We can’t wait to see you out there.

First place: by Verzan Skywise

Second Place: By Feltrend

Third Place: By Tialis

18 Likes

Very creative round about of fun! Almost making me regret I am Blue (da ba di da be di)

6 Likes

Happy Birthday, Skyguards! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

"I mean, no ones stopping you making an alt just for the partay."
- Romulo endorses this message.

8 Likes

I heard from a very trustworthy source that there will be really, really good food handed out, 10/10 would swing by. :shallow_pan_of_food: :dragon_face:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Skyguards!

5 Likes

Happy B-Days boiios

4 Likes

I’ve known this mob- cough I mean, stalwart defenders of the homeland long enough that, even though IRL will sadly keep me away from the event, that it will be a great time for all.

Hoping everyone has a great time, and that folks who have even a jot of curiosity turn up, I’m sure you’ll have a blast*!

*Disclaimer; any and all real explosions are not the responsibility of TTSG, please demolish responsibly~ :heart:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Skyguards!
I supose High elven piligrims are not welcomed that warmly…

4 Likes

Illuriel says: "The skyguard is more than a military Unit, it is like a Family and for this special day we want to share that family-feeling with all of you. There will be games, food, laughter and contests. All of this will hopefully guarantee a lot of fun, so please stop by and say hello, i’m sure you won’t regret it!"

(Art by De’vontae)

4 Likes

Hey, you! Yeah you, the person reading this. I’ve got a piece of news you just can’t miss. A little birdie-… ah-hem- I mean, a little dragonhawk told me that the Skyguard’s birthday is coming up soon! Yeah, word has it there’s going to be tons of fun activities, not to mention specialty food and novelty fun to be had. Best part is, you’re invited! And so are your friends, as well as your friend’s friends! You could even bring your nan if you’d like. So come and check us out, we’ve got all kinds of colourful activities for you colourful people!

(We’re also not liable for any nan-related damages. It’s not our fault if she gets swept up in the Skyguard spirit and breaks her hip trying to beat our buck-a-hawk highscore.)

6 Likes

As a totally unbiased source, i can assure everyone that the birthday will be an occasion to remember. The Skyguard is the best, most badass, fun and beautiful unit of Quel’thalas, and they would never do anything unseemly like break someone’s kneecaps. I am totally not held captive by very handsome team of officers and my fate totally isn’t hanging by a thread with people coming to the birthday being my only hope. Haha. Pls come to the Skyguard’s Birthday.

4 Likes

See you all there!

5 Likes

Do go and support Silvermoon’s Favourite Flyboys on their second first birthday. I hear their parties are worth attending and I suppose they can be quite charming with their sly smiles and cheeky grins.

I have not had a bad experience yet. Happy Birthday, Skyguard.

2 Likes

Just three weeks to go until the Skyguard Birthday event!

2 Likes

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope! Just the good ol’ Skyguard flying over your heads to remind you about the absolutely awesome birthday coming up soon!

There will be food, there will be drinks, there will be -dragonhawks-, what more could you ever want?!

Make sure to fly right by for an awersome time and we hope to see you all there!

5 Likes

Bird, bird, bird! Skybird is the word!
Bird, bird, bird! Skybird’s birthday!

Only two weeks left!

5 Likes

The Thalassian Skyguard birthday on the 25th of September THIS WHOLE VERY SAME MONTH, is going to be raising funds for this adorable little hatchlings. So if you were considering coming or not, do it for the baby sky noodles.

10 Likes

Party hat? check
Enough food to serve the entirety of Silvermoon and then some? check
Prepared fun games for (hopefully) every taste? check

Hmmm- what to do, what to do… AH!

holds up a sign that reads
The OOC art challenge is open to everyone! Don’t be too shy to submit because you think it wont be good enough! <3

5 Likes

Looking forwards to it. Debating if I want to make some poor unfortunate soul have lunch with me IC.

Joking apart though the last one was great and I always enjoy hanging out with skyguard.

4 Likes