[H-RP] Highmountain Stands

Kotur looked at the valley below Thunder Totem, sighing in uncertainty. His eyes gazed across the fields, the scorched earth and the river flowing down to the lands below.

The winds have brought much change in the recent months. More than his people have seen in generations. The Legion’s invasion brought much strife, shaking the tribes of Highmountain to the core. And yet, this also helped remind them of the importance of unity and cooperation.

But he knew that the trials his people were facing were far from over. As the Highmountain opened up to the world, they had to adapt to the change the alliance with the Horde had brought. They people needed to prove their strength and resolve to the Horde and adapt to their new place in it and the world.

He knew that the time had come to see what the world had to offer to his people. Even though the Legion was defeated, peace was not meant to be just yet. The war between the Horde and the Alliance reignited one more, and this time he knew that his people were to play an important role in it. From the ashes of war would rise a new dawn for his people.

Placing his tribe’s totem on his back and equipping his weapons, he descended into the main hall of Thunder Totem, gathering as many Highmountain he could. Together, they ventured out into the unknown, ready to face whatever destiny had planned or them.

No matter what challenges and trials would stand before them, they would not fall. For together, they are Highmountain.

OOC:

What are we about?

Highmountain Stands is a Highmountain Tauren RP guild focusing on a small group of tauren from all Highmountain tribes who work, fight and face challenges together, traveling across Highmountain and Azeroth and lending their aid where needed, determined to find their people’s place in the Horde and the world.

What is the goal of the guild?

The goal of the guild is to provide good, fun and quality HM RP, while focusing on HM tribes, their culture, their differences and their mutual interests. As every tribe is different from another, this provides fun and interesting RP opportunities for interactions, character development and a chance to explore the story and feel of the Highmountain tauren.

What are the ranks?

Apart from the Leader rank for yours truly and the Council rank for the officers which is purely OOC, there are no ranks aside from members being placed in their own tribe of choice. The idea of the guild structure is that its members all participate in guild decisions and happenings equally and democratically on both IC and OOC level, much as the Highmountain actually operate.

What kind of RP do we do?

While being mainly RP-PvE focused, being members of the Horde means that we will also participate in various RP-PvP events and campaigns, depending on the interest of the members.

Regarding guild RP, we will have one main story event per week, with possibility of side-events and storylines being hosted by me, officers or even interested members during the week. Casual RP of course is a given and even encouraged as character interactions are an important aspect of RP and character development!

Where are we situated?

Thunder Totem shall be the main RP hub for the guild (Though the members are free to spend time in Orgrimmar and other hubs as well) and a place where we shall rest and conduct casual RP outside of storylines and events (although of course the events and storylines will potentially happen in Thunder Totem as well!). The idea is to promote Thunder Totem as a viable RP hub and open up more RP in Highmountain in total.

What about the members themselves?

Another important part of the guild is the atmosphere. The goal of the guild is not only to provide fun and RP, but also to do it in a way that every member is included and feel that they are a true part of the group! Emphasis shall always be put on the RP enjoyment, as we should all have fun and enjoyable RP together.

Everyone who is interested may contact me or my officers Chereka, Dolomite or Woyali OOC in-game for a RP session which would lead to joining the guild IC. If anyone has any further questions, feel free to ask here or contact me in game!

Hope to see you soon! Highmountain Stands!

44 Likes

Best of luck to you, my friend! Kotur is a great GM, people. If you are looking for a guild where to park your highmountain tauren chars, this is the one!

6 Likes

Thank you Styrros for the words of support! I very much look forward to RPing with you guys again and helping reforging the bond between our two people and strengthening the diplomatic relations between Highmountain and Suramar.

As for us, tonight Highmountain Stands shall attend the Thunderhead Summit moot with the goal of learning more of the current situation of the Tauren within the Horde and decide on our next course of action. I am personally very much pleased to see this awesome initiative and am very much looking forward to mingling and RPing with my fellow tauren! :heart:

5 Likes

Very glad to see this guild back, Kotur has a lot of RP experience and is a very good GM who’s dedicated to seeing a concept through. If you’re a Highmountain Tauren you can’t go wrong joining this guild for a proper experience of Highmountain culture and I can’t wait to interact!

4 Likes

This looks very interesting. Been out of Horde RP for a long time, but no time like the present, eh.

2 Likes

Haven’t rp’d with Kotur himself but I know the man behind the character and have RP’d with him elsewhere. A quality RPer who will do his best to provide the best HM rp experience possible, highly recommend this guild!

4 Likes

Thank you all for your wonderful support friends!

You are welcome to RP with us anytime mate and if you like it, you can give us a try. :slight_smile:

As for tonight, having finished with the moot and mingling with the fellow tauren, HMS returned to Thunder Totem to rest and plan our next move. It was a very interesting evening and a great RP. I am excited to see what the future shall bring both for us and the rest of the Horde.

Highmountain stands!

3 Likes

I remember the original Highmountain Stands proudly, and am willing to vouch for Kotur on being an A+ guy, great GM and all around cool dude. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

What’s your stance on the Prepfoots?

Good luck with the guild :hugs:

3 Likes

Although the Prepfoots are rather eccentric and delusional, they are still part of the Highmountain tribes and thus can join our little family if they so desire, provided they have a good, plausible reason to join us.

While I personally don’t see many a Prepfoot daring to set hoof out of their little enclave due to their irrational fear of Deathwing flooding the world, it could be interesting to see how a Prepfoot would interact with the group and fit in.

However, it should be noted that due to their views and behavior they would likely find it hard to be taken seriously by other tauren so RPing one is not something I’d personally recommend.

Great to see ya back, brother. Highmountain Stands!

2 Likes

Aaaaand now I want to play one.
This is your fault! Well done!! D:

Kotur is an amazing guy and a great role player!

I wish him the best of luck with his guild and I tell you: If you ever find yourself wondering which guild to join with your Highmountain, this is the guild for you!

3 Likes

Good to see you lot back! I may be in touch in the future.

3 Likes

After a few days of preparing, the group had journeyed to the Highmountain peak in order to conquer the toughest challenge their home had to offer, steel ourselves for the journeys ahead and ask ancestors and the Earthmother for their blessing and guidance in the months to come. We returned to Thunder Totem last night, tired but with peace, hope and sense of purpose in our hearts, knowing that the ancestors watch favorably upon us as we strive to honor them and our people in the lands beyond Highmountain.

Soon a meeting shall take place to decide on our next course of action and to prepare for the journey. We shall spend the next couple of days in Thunder Totem so those who are interested in RPing with us can find us there in the evening hours. :slight_smile:

Highmountain Stands!

7 Likes

Glad to see you guys back in action.

4 Likes

As the group prepared to hold a meeting, it was interrupted by disturbing news from one of our members: A small ragtag band of Feltotem have been spotted in the wilds surrounding Torok’s Bluff, killing game, storing bottles of fel and seeking to poison the streams. Not wasting time, we rode to Cliff’s Edge and entered the Witchwood to put a swift and brutal stop to their nefarious plans and rid the land of their foul presence.

Having lost our mounts to a sudden surprise attack, we continued on hoof towards the village, unease filling our hearts as we felt we were being stalked through the dark woods.

Upon approaching the ruined village, we were met by the Feltotem who immediately charged at us, their leader retreating to the back side of the bluff. Being outnumbered we fled into the wood, relying on trees and darkness to give us an edge. Driven by fel rage, our pursuers made the fatal error of splitting up to cover more ground, confident in their power. Slowly but surely, we hunted them down one by one, thinning their numbers until the woods were clear once more.

Not wasting any more time and driven by desire to end this once and for all, we ventured back into the village and fought our way to the Feltotem leader, killing any stragglers foolish enough to stand in our way. At the largest tent, we finally faced off against the leader and after a tough battle succeeded in bringing him down and putting an end to the Feltotem plans, once again bringing silence and relative peace to the northern part of Highmountain.

Tired, bruised, but satisfied, we returned triumphantly to Thunder Totem and went to our tents to get some well-deserved rest, leaving the meeting for another time.

As usual, we can be found in Thunder Totem for RP in the evening hours, whether one simply wishes to try out RPing with us or even joining our group.

Highmountain Stands!

6 Likes

Haven’t roleplayed in a while, but the idea of a Skyhorn Hunter has brought me back - and I was really hoping that a guild like this existed! So glad I’ve stumbled upon this thread, I’ll contact you when I can Kotur! :smile:

4 Likes

Kotur is great. I soundly approve!

4 Likes