[H-RP] The Beastmaw Warband

We have some Pandaren in the guild, and we love 'em! :3

14/02/2015 23:28Posted by Hazjin
I also have a question about the lore of my character, does my pandaren have to be one from the wandering isle as they normally are?

At this point of the story, I think you'd be justified whether your character is from the Wandering Isle or Pandaria, quite a few pandaren from both places joined the Horde.

Edit: That said, being a Huojin would fit the Warband much more, being the actual Horde pandaren. I've always found RPing a Pandaria pandaren a bit convoluted myself, but that's just me.
14/02/2015 23:28Posted by Hazjin
Thanks :) I need to work on a character and their backstory and all that first though, if i could get help that would be great but if not that's fine too, I was thinking maybe to make a pandaren (say what you wish but i love their lore) but struggling for a class and why they would want to join.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/How_to_roleplay_a_pandaren

Have a looksee at this, man :)
We have some Pandaren in the guild, and we love 'em! :3

I also have a question about the lore of my character, does my pandaren have to be one from the wandering isle as they normally are?

At this point of the story, I think you'd be justified whether your character is from the Wandering Isle or Pandaria, quite a few pandaren from both places joined the Horde.

Edit: That said, being a Huojin would fit the Warband much more, being the actual Horde pandaren. I've always found RPing a Pandaria pandaren a bit convoluted myself, but that's just me.

Okay I just realised I have a high level goblin shaman that I would like to join but is it bad to have more than one character to RP as? Because I have loads ideas for characters I would want to use, things like my goblin shaman, pandaren, Troll/orc DK But i don't want to lose track of them
15/02/2015 19:37Posted by Hazjin
Okay I just realised I have a high level goblin shaman that I would like to join but is it bad to have more than one character to RP as? Because I have loads ideas for characters I would want to use, things like my goblin shaman, pandaren, Troll/orc DK But i don't want to lose track of them

Alts are accepted within the guild. But y'know, be reasonable.
15/02/2015 20:03Posted by Rocmar
15/02/2015 19:37Posted by Hazjin

Alts are accepted within the guild. But y'know, be reasonable.

So one or two alts are fine?
Technically only one character is allowed until you get past the New Blood period. Then you can join with alts. =)
A friendly bump from me!

The Beastmaw are great allies to my own guild; we've worked together on several occasions, and they've spontaneously ended up joining my events several times on Draenor!

So it's a pleasure for me and the Hand of the Titans to give our friends of the Beastmaw a friendly message here. If you're on the fence about joining these guys: They are great people and will make fine friends!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buQmgBRJRCs

The guild now has a trailer video! Enjoy.
We are currently dealing with the demons in Talador and their warlock masters, while making plans for the future of the war effort.

A more detailed archive can be read here:
http://beastmaw.webs.com/apps/blog/
JOIN US, OR... DON'T!
Beastmaw Traditions - Nak’gorok and Wol’magosh

The Beastmaw may be part of the army, but like most of the Horde, cultural tradition is intrinsic to their very being. Each new blood that joins the Beastmaw that wishes to advance beyond this rank must pass the Nak’gorok, known also within the Warband as the trial of the hunt.

This is a test of the new blood’s commitment to the Beastmaw, their respect for the principles on which the warband was founded and of course, their ability to stalk and kill their prey. Each new blood will be given their charge when the senior officers of the Warband deem them ready. The task is simple in design. Find a beast, slay it honourably and present the kill to the Warband’s shaman. The type of creature is not chosen for the new blood, he or she must choose their prey themselves. However, for those who wish to prove themselves worthy enough for a permanent place within the Beastmaw, only the fiercest beasts are sought after.

When the prey has been chosen, the new blood will depart; there is no set time limit on when the trial is to be completed. One of the conditions of the trial is for the new blood to fashion a beast mask from his or her kill. This is to show that the hunter is capable of honouring the slain in the reverant manner befitting tradition. Once crafted, the mask is presented before the shaman of the Warband, who beseeches the spirit of the slain creature. This is to discern if the kill was honourable or dishonourable. If the kill was dishonourable, the new blood does not advance and will not be given a place within the Warband – they are told to leave. If the kill is found to be honourable, the new blood will been granted the Wol’magosh or pack’s blessing. This means that the shaman will beseech the spirit of the fallen creature to bestow a boon upon the hunter’s beast mask.

Once the blessing has been granted, the mask will be given to the former new blood as a badge of honour by the General, who will proclaim them as Beastmaw at the Wol’magosh ceremony. The Warband are known for these trophies of the hunt, which has come to be known as their signature piece of attire. If you see a member of the Warband wearing one of these masks, you will know they carry the blessing of the hunt. After the ritual is completed, the new blood will then advance to a permanent place within the Beastmaw. This will see them promoted to one of three ranks – a tracker, a reaver or mystic.
Love the trailer, almost makes me want to get Kron Skullrippa to sign up.
The Beastmaw celebrate their sixth birthday today!

https://d2gg9evh47fn9z.cloudfront.net/thumb_COLOURBOX10463271.jpg
01/08/2015 11:10Posted by Rocmar
The Beastmaw celebrate their sixth birthday today!

LOK'TAR

Shame we can't hold a proper feast about it, but maybe a storytelling night around the fire in Vol'jin's Pride will suffice.
Happy Birthday Beastmaw!
Happy Birthday!
Status update:

The Warband is still garrisoned in the Rangari Refuge for most of the duration of the war effort in Tanaan. From there, various operations have been carried out over the past month, from scouting to raiding enemy settlements when the opportunity arises.

We are still following the general plotline of Tanaan, as organised with the other participating guilds, and will most likely be found there IC for the time being.
Bumping in celebration of Brewfest, and in general thanks for The Warband which I should do more often. I'd never RPed before but everyone in The Warband welcomed me and helped me learn everything I know about RP. I now fully enjoy RP and do it most nights, and it's all thanks to these guys. So while I'm in the festive Brewfest mood, thank you Beastmaw! And I very much encourage anyone new to RP to come join us!
26/09/2015 22:21Posted by Krizbolt
Bumping in celebration of Brewfest, and in general thanks for The Warband which I should do more often. I'd never RPed before but everyone in The Warband welcomed me and helped me learn everything I know about RP. I now fully enjoy RP and do it most nights, and it's all thanks to these guys. So while I'm in the festive Brewfest mood, thank you Beastmaw! And I very much encourage anyone new to RP to come join us!

I didn't even need to hold him at gunpoint to say this.
Rocmar is a warrior? Madness!

Great to see you guys are still going strong.

How is Roleplay on SwC these days?