[H-RP] The Beastmaw Warband

Post updated in April 2018

Duality is futile. There is no right and wrong, good and evil. There is only instinct.
Discipline and obedience bring honour, dishonour means disgrace.
Cowardice is a sign of weakness. We only know strength.
We know no mistrust, for we follow one cause.
We know no pain, for it too can be tamed.
We know no fear, for we are predators.
We do not enslave - we tame.
We do not kill - we hunt.
Honour. Courage. Discipline.

The Code of the Beastmaw

The Beastmaw is a Horde warband founded in the early days of the War with the Scourge. Ever since then they have taken part in almost every conflict in the world under the banner of the Horde. Duties often take them outside of Kalimdor, which otherwise serves as the home turf of the warband. Deployment is always done as a service to the Horde in one way or another.

Organisation:
The Beastmaw serves as a warband within the Horde military. It is an independent unit, attached to a larger army under the command of a (plot-device NPC) Warlord in times of conflict. Its charge in the Horde army is to scout, tame beasts of war, and produce skilled trackers and riders – from which the warband name and banner derive.

We have no guild uniforms, but we encourage the creativity of making outfits that match our tabard so as to better represent the warband.

Our chain of command looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/LkpMwxs.jpg

Requirements:
While the warband is orcish in theme and atmosphere, we will accept any member of the Horde regardless of race, given that they provide a compelling reason for seeking recruitment. There are no class restrictions, as we see the value of variety on the battlefield.

What is to be expected from us:
We have a friendly, tight-knit and relaxed OOC atmosphere. The guild is quite open to people new to the game or to roleplay in general, and we are always glad to help out with advice and guidance.

Events are held twice a week – on Thursdays and Sundays - with a focus on following a storyline. Immersion is our top priority, with details like maintaining supplies, establishing thorough defenses when camping in the middle of the wilderness, and making the world around us feel huge. We make use of Discord to ensure that everyone is caught up on the most recent developments in order to be able to easily jump in at any time.

RP varies from adventure-style journeys to casual campfire nights. While the Beastmaw is part of the Horde military, our military events are not at all strict and focus more on the fun aspects of being a warrior of the Horde rather than on hyperrealism.

Events are often done through DM-ing, and as of late we have introduced a simple /roll 20 combat system to ensure fairness towards character strengths and peculiarities.

OOC communication outside the game exists on our Discord server.

Our rules and expectations:
We are looking for members who can most of all show activity and interest in the guild. We expect people to pull their weight OOC as well as IC, being able to initiate RP on their own when there is none, interact with the other members, and not passively wait for RP to be served to them. We are not a huge guild, and we ensure that there are no nameless faces in a crowd – while we try to make sure that everyone has a spotlight and the chance to develop their character through interactions, we are just as dependent on the members showing their own initiative so as to create a dialogue.

Drama is best kept IC and under control in order to avoid OOC stress that can lead to a member losing interest. We also require that everyone is on their best behaviour to roleplayers outside the guild and avoid ignoring an outsider trying to make contact with us.

Generally be nice to each other, don’t harass, don’t grief, and don’t misrepresent the guild tag.

How to join:
Send an OOC whisper or an IC letter to Torakk, Tannaka or Ronto (all from Steamwheedle Cartel) to arrange an interview. Simply approaching us directly wherever we happen to be camped at the time is also quite fine.

If approved to join, the recruit will undergo a few weeks as a New Blood, in which they are expected to earn their keep.

http://beastmaw.webs.com/
(the website is rather quiet and out of date nowadays as its purpose is slowly being taken over by Discord)
4 Likes
14/10/2014 13:26Posted by Torakk
“We are predators.”

Not the sexual kind.
Beastmaw Warband going strong! Heres for glorious victory to the Horde against our new foe! The Iron Horde shall find itself in the Beasts Maw.
In other news: ME!

No seriously, the news feed is me, me, me and me.
I am very sorry, Torakk-senpai

Also, bump?
Another bump for the Horde.

The Warband is still in Stonard, sharing the base with plenty of allies, and doing its best to reinforce the Horde in the defense against the Iron Horde.
For the Horde!

The servers may be crashing but the Beastmaw stands firm.
"Duality is futile. There is no right and wrong, good and evil. There is only instinct.

Discipline and obedience bring honour, dishonour means disgrace.

Cowardice is a sign of weakness. We only know strength.

We know no mistrust, for we follow one cause.

We know no pain, for it too can be tamed.

We know no fear, for we are predators.

We do not enslave - we tame.

We do not kill - we hunt.

Might. Courage. Discipline."

The Code Of The Beastmaw.
Bump to the top!

We're active, we're here, and we're kicking !@#! :D
While it initially startled the hell out of me to suddenly run into a huge gathering of people, it is really nice to see you guys out in the wilds doing what this server is intended for.
Bump to the front page.

The Warband is currently enjoying a brief respite after the initial confrontations with the Iron Horde on Draenor. Soon, exploration of the rest of the continent will begin.
Hey, I recently resubbed and I used to play on Steamwheedle Cartel years ago. I'm working on a new character concept, how would your guild react to a Half-Orc(half-human) Hunter character? ICly, some antagonism is totally expected, but I meant OOC, would it be accepted? I consider myself a pretty decent RPer, and knowledgeable when it comes to Lore.
We already have a Half-Orc member in the guild. Therefor i think more than likely you would be accepted.
15/01/2015 13:19Posted by Gihynlia
We already have a Half-Orc member in the guild. Therefor i think more than likely you would be accepted.

Glad to hear it!
Pretty much what Gih said. OOC, the general philosophy is that it's okay, so long as you pull it off well. IC, expect a lot of hate, at least until you prove yourself worth keeping.
Apologies for missing the event yesterday Torakk, even when I said I'd make it. There were some connection issues and I could not get into the server.
06/02/2015 11:29Posted by Khardren
Apologies for missing the event yesterday Torakk, even when I said I'd make it. There were some connection issues and I could not get into the server.

Come along on Sunday for some gr8 m8s.
Don't worry about it, we had some guildmembers who couldn't connect either and told us about the issue. But like Rocmar said, you can tag along with us on Sunday. I'll throw you an in-game invitation on the calendar =)
Just wondering about joining this guild, would you welcome someone new to RP but knows a fair amount about lore? please contact me if so
14/02/2015 21:25Posted by Hazjin
Just wondering about joining this guild, would you welcome someone new to RP but knows a fair amount about lore? please contact me if so

Oh, definitely. We have had several new members in the past who were new to RP, and most of us are quite ready to help out and provide guidance. The fact you already know your lore should make it even easier.
14/02/2015 22:04Posted by Torakk
14/02/2015 21:25Posted by Hazjin

Oh, definitely. We have had several new members in the past who were new to RP, and most of us are quite ready to help out and provide guidance. The fact you already know your lore should make it even easier.

Thanks :) I need to work on a character and their backstory and all that first though, if i could get help that would be great but if not that's fine too