[H-RP] The First Empire - Zandalar Forever!

Lorewalker Cho
“Oh my - as I suspected. Your ancestry dates back to the dawn of the world. Great were the ancient empires of the trolls. I see a spark in your eyes, a powerful will - you wish to be great again, yes?”

IC Information:

The First Empire, this is one of the many names attributed to the nation that the Zandalari trolls built so long ago. It has stood the test of time for sixteen thousand years, and if the loa will it, it shall endure for sixteen thousand more. Yet in these past few years, the Zandalari Empire has suffered great turmoil. Betrayed from within by the Zanchuli Council and assailed by the jealous savages of the Alliance, this ancient civilisation has been forced to turn to an unlikely ally; the Horde.

In such trying times, every facet of the Empire faces unique challenges.

On the battlefields of Azeroth, a battle-hardened host of the Zandalari’s finest fights beside their allies against insurmountable odds. They are the Dazari, devoted to defeating the Empire’s foes and ushering in a new age of glory for the mighty Zandalari.

Beneath the shadow of Dazar’alor, the Empire never sleeps. Drudges and vagrants whisper excitedly to each other. Queen Talanji’s reign promises to be unorthodox, a time of great change for the most downtrodden Zandalari. They need only seize the opportunity.

In the hallowed halls of Zanchul, the priests and scholars of the Zandalari are less optimistic. Many of the loa have either perished or fallen from grace in recent years. How could the Empire possibly hope to endure, if it loses the blessings of the gods it has relied on for so long?

Beset by the relentless attacks of the Alliance, troubled by the prospect of dissent and disturbed by the waning power of the loa, the Zandalari struggle to adapt to the most tumultuous era they have ever endured. Will this proud nation gradually be absorbed by the insatiable war machine that is the Horde, or will the Zandalari Empire endure any hardship thrown at it, as it always has? Only time will tell.

OOC Information:

The First Empire is recruiting! We’re a roleplaying guild for Zandalari characters, devoted to exploring all three castes of the Zandalari Empire and how they interact with each other.

What is this guild about?
Rather than represent a single organisation, the First Empire seeks to emulate what life in the Zandalari Empire is like. It’s a guild for Rastari warriors fighting against the Empire’s enemies, for priests who revere the loa and seek their blessing, and for peasants and vagrants who thanklessly toil to maintain the Empire. There’s a place for every aspect of Zandalari society in the First Empire.

What do you have to offer?
The First Empire has an active community of roleplayers and a dedicated team of officers and event organisers. You can expect multiple events every week from us and even on the days when we’re not running events, you can expect casual roleplay from other members of the guild.

What rules will I have to follow?
A cut-and-dried list of rules can be found on our Discord server, but I will summarise. Members are expected to not bring shame to the guild through their actions and to not cause any player on Argent Dawn any sort of grief. Anyone found violating the rules will be warned and given the chance to change their behaviour. Anyone who continues to violate the rules after receiving this warning will removed from the guild.

Who do I contact?
If you want to ask or inform an officer of the guild about anything, please contact one of the following in-game:
Angeteb
Rhazenn
Jingue
Talnu
Zatelka

How are you different from other Zandalari guilds?
While this server has plenty of excellent troll guilds, each of which offers a fantastic experience, we believe that we offer something unique. The hierarchy of the Zandalari Empire and how the different castes interact is integral to how we roleplay our characters in the First Empire. In addition, most of our characters put their allegiance to Queen Talanji before all else, for a more traditional Zandalari experience.

How does your guild feel about the Horde?
Our characters represent a real mixture of reactions to the Horde. Some of them approve of this new alliance and even enjoy the company of their new allies, while others loathe them as lesser races and see them as nothing more than cannon fodder in their war against the Alliance. Officially, the Horde is tolerated and their aid is accepted. There is little consensus outside of that.

So this guild is for Zandalari trolls only?
No. This guild has an auxiliary rank for races that are affiliated with the Zandalari. Lesser trolls, tortollans, vulpera, sethrak and even mogu have a place in this guild, should you find a way to represent these characters in-game. If auxiliaries become popular, we might create a sister-guild specifically for these lesser races that devote themselves to the Zandalari Empire.

What is the IC name of your guild?
“The First Empire” is just another name used for the Zandalari Empire, since this guild is intended to represent what the lives of the Zandalari from all walks of life are like. In character, the only part of our guild that has any name is the military branch, which is known as the Dazari. So if you call us the First Empire while we’re in character, expect to be frowned at or met with confusion!

You mentioned a Discord server?
Yes. If you wish to gain access to the server as a guest or as a member of the guild, simply contact one of the officers and we’ll send you an invitation. In addition, we have an Argent Archives page for you to read if you want additional information about the guild:
https://www.argentarchives.org/node/225347

I have more questions!
Feel free to ask them in this thread and I’ll do my best to answer them!

God King Rastakhan
“Hear these words, Alliance dogs. The Zandalari have been here longer than you could ever dream. No matter what happens this day, Zandalar will stand long after your pathetic Alliance has crumbled to dust. With the Horde at our side, the Empire will triumph!”

23 Likes

What a cool thread, I swear I’ve seen one a lot like it on the forums before however.
:cowboy_hat_face::smoking:

1 Like

Love this guild loads, has provided some of my favourite RP experiences and the people in this guild are lovely! :t_rex:

7 Likes

Bump for friends. Just returned from a RP-PVP campaign with them in Westfall, was a plethora of good experiences.

10 Likes

Clear the skies of Westfall, one gnome at a time!

10 Likes

These guys are great…also fun to blow up.

11 Likes

Nice people, a pleasure to have been of help as an NPC in an event recently

8 Likes

We wear more goold than any other guild with 100% certainty

11 Likes

Absolutely love to see a Zandalari Empire guild, finally a one that supports Talanji too :sunglasses:
Di chuka Zandalar!

10 Likes

A King for a King! We trust the Queen’s decisions and her title is well earned, so we shall avenge her father! The farmlands of Westfall were left in shambles, but the Rastari Vanguard’s weapon was also destroyed…The injured trolls limped back to Zul’Gurub, where the Opposition resides, to mend their wounds and survive another day…And now, with their jointed efforts, they will strike at the Alliance borders once again! This time at Duskwood…And depending on the outcome, they will continue further north where the Vanguard will fight to protect the Raventusk tribe in the Hinterlands from the Kingslayers, alongside with the forces of the Opposition.
D’Chuka Zandalar!

8 Likes

Solid mons, always been good sports with Hand of Zul.

Would debate again!

12 Likes

10/10 guild, would join again! (Totally not another selfless self-bump…)

And remember folks, a King for a King!!

7 Likes

After their disastrous defeat at Westfall and the disappearance of the Warbringer An’geteb, the Rastari Vanguard is under heavy scrutiny. Many of the Vanguard’s wounded remain to lick their wounds and conduct repairs in the jungle of Stranglethorn, while those that are still fighting fit prepare to sail for the Hinterlands. There, they seek to aid the Hand of Zul in their efforts against the Wildhammer Clan.

Not everything is sunshine and roses in the First Empire. It’s always good to have an excuse to roleplay with the HoZ though, whether it’s to butt heads over politics or to bond over the bullying of the Alliance.

9 Likes

These guys are amazing. If you’re looking for excellent Zandalari/troll RP then seriously think about this lot- they’re also really nice people OOC!

9 Likes

Yeah…aight

A super bunch of Trolls, always a pleasure to wack their shins and dive bomb them as well. If I ever unlock these silly Trolls as a playable race I would roll one for them for sure.

A Tiny Score of 6.33 out of 6.34

8 Likes

Is the guild now free of drama?

The closest thing we’ve had to drama in the last four months is a handful of impassioned debates about Warcraft’s lore on our Discord server. So I’d say that the guild has been in a good place for quite some time now!

12 Likes

Cenarius is not a loa and that’s final!

9 Likes

We’ll see about that after I’ve put < Priest of Cenarius > into my TRP :sunglasses:

(Don’t let the other trolls see this though, they’ll bully me for heresy…)

6 Likes