[H-RP] The Honorbound Vanguard

The First Brigade of the Honorbound “The Vanguard”, 3rd Shock Division

Raised sometime after the Battle of Dazar’alor from various units of the Honorbound; the First Brigade of the Honorbound, 3rd Shock Division is very much an amalgamation of various talents and purposes. However, the primary purpose of the Honorbound Vanguard is to be the shock troops of the Horde Offensive. Willing to go into near-suicidal situations to garner a victory, or willing to hold the rear guard in a retreat effort so the main Horde Army can escape. The Honorbound Vanguard will do anything to give the Horde a fighting opportunity to snatch victory from the claws of the Alliance.

Who do we want in the Vanguard?

To reflect the current military situation that the Horde is faced with, a dwindling number of professional soldiers, the Cohort is open to recruitment from nearly all backgrounds. It is very much a matter of, “Scraping the Barrel” in Lore. Even though the Honorbound is the “elite”, the leadership must replace the holes in the ranks somehow! That being said, once you join the Honorbound Vanguard, you will be expected to act like professional soldiers on duty. This will be introduced, for characters that are not professional soldiers, via training and drill from the officers.

What can you expect from the Vanguard?

We offer the chance for players to experience RP PvP and Military RP, followed up by our own PvE campaigns. That being said, we do have dedicated nights for casual RP and small PvE events members of the guild can run themselves. With this, there is a large opportunity for expanding your character (even creating new characters!) and allowing your character to become specialized in roles. (Example being your character who has taken interest in pyrotechnics, will be relied on by the Honorbound Vanguard to set a bridge aflame to cover a retreat).

Is this a Loyalist only guild?

This isn’t a Loyalist Only Guild, so if you are looking to join and your character sympathizes with Saurfang and his lot, you’re welcome to join! There may or may not be a storyline (Coming Soon™) for the guild to go through to toss in their lot with the Loyalists or the Rebellion. The Decision will not be forced onto your characters, so this is very much player driven and anything can happen with it.

The Ranking Structure of the Honorbound Vanguard

Legate- The overall commander of the Honorbound Vanguard, this position is held by Vordril Phoenixsorrow

Centurion- The Right Hand of the Legate, the orders given by the Centurion are to be treated with an almost equal level of authority of the Legate when the Legate is not present.

Blood Guard- The most Senior of the Enlisted Officers, the Blood Guard is very much the head of all disciplinary actions handed out by the Legate or Centurion. This can range from Floggings to Solitary to even Executions. The Blood Guard is trusted to perform his duties impartially and to the extent deemed necessary by the Legate and/or the Centurion.

Sergeant- The first Enlisted Officer Rank, the Sergeant is to maintain discipline within the ranks and make sure that the soldiery is orderly and maintained. Small issues, such as disagreements and issues regarding orders, are to be brought to the Sergeant first. This rank is very much a test of leadership capabilities of individuals within the Honorbound Vanguard.

Legionary- The permanent ranks of members of the Honorbound Vanguard. Sworn soldiers willing to die for the office of the Warchief and Horde, willing to achieve the end goals of orders given by any means necessary. Characters who hold this rank can enjoy the benefits of being the selected elite that the Horde has to offer.

Grunt- The first rank of members joining the Honorbound Vanguard. All who wish to join permanently, including the long time veterans and down to the lowly conscripts, must go through the rank of Grunt. They will be scrutinized by the Sergeants and Blood Guard, to ensure that they are or becoming the quality of the type of soldier we are looking for.

Auxiliary- Ranks of OOC members, they are “adopted” into our ranks when RP PvP rolls around. Auxiliaries are a part of the Honorbound Vanguard, and are under the jurisdiction of the officers of it. However, the Auxiliary will be presented with a choice to leave the Honorbound Vanguard after the end of the RP PvP Campaign or to formally join as a Grunt of the Honorbound Vanguard.

Contact Information
If you are looking to join the Honorbound Vanguard, you can contact via in-game mail and whispers or a Discord PM.
In-game Tag- Vordril
Discord Account- ImperialReigns#2095

11 Likes

I like this, seems nice, and seems it’ll have some epic stories, as i skimmed this thread. :smile:

And good to see more Honorbound themed guild. Good luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I look forward to making those epic stories with people from either my guild, or other guilds. Feel free to drop by whenever!

1 Like

Looks promising, hope to see this guild at server events in future!

2 Likes

Good luck with the guild there buddy

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Good luck with this! Looks quite promising. I like the idea of another Honourbound based guild out there.
Best part is the ‘Not a Loyalist Only Guild’!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Lok’tar my dude good luck hope to work with you in future!

3 Likes

I look forward to working with you as well!

2 Likes

The Vanguard heads North to attend the Return of the Damned part two PvE Campaign!

16 Likes

The Honorbound Trinity is formed

4 Likes

Damn Straight!

2 Likes

Best of luck, this looks great!
One small thing, I think you meant Legionary when you put Legionnaire. The first is a warrior in a Legion, the second is one who commands said Legion

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Sound bunch this lot! - Looking forward to many, many more events together as a amalgamation of Honourbound soldiers fighting for the Horde!

3 Likes

Thank you! Same with you and the Honorbound Offensive, can’t wait to work with you further in campaigns to come!

3 Likes

Nothing helps morale like committing few war crimes with Vordril! Honestly, from the bottom of my heart, I cannot express how amazing the Vanguard is to RP with and have a good laugh with! Get in there lads!

2 Likes

Already had a small interaction with this lot and the growing legend himself mister Vordril and they are a real nice and legit group of people. Enjoyed it even though it was a small moment. But in the future i cant say i wont be having a good time stumbling into them again.

2 Likes

RAGHHH! For the Horde!

3 Likes