[H RP] The Reliquary Institute - Expedition of the Dragon Isles

Disclaimer: Our previous topic was deleted without an explanation. We reviewed our content, yet we failed to find anything that violates the forum rules. If that action was taken due to the existence of locked forum threads from the past, feel free to remove them for good. This is an update notice we would like to share with the community. Thank you very much.

Shortly after the primalists begin showing up at various places in Azeroth, this poster can be seen on the bulletin boards at major cities and neutral hubs like Gadgetzan. The content of the poster reads as follows, with an additional “Your Kingdom Needs You” slogan exclusively in Quel’thalas;

“Peoples of the horde!

Do you have a desire for great riches and the discovery of hidden knowledge in mysterious lands? Answer your calling!

Join the Reliquary Institute!

With the re-emerging of faraway lands, and in the light of the tales the Dracthyr brought, the Institute is mounting an expedition to these “Dragon Isles”, to unveil treasures and stories hidden there! We shall bring glory and prosperity to Quel’thalas and the Horde together!

We require scholars, guards, and workforces. If you are interested, you may contact the Examiners of the Institute, or seek us out in The Royal Exchange, Silvermoon City.

(All races are welcome. Payment is based on experience and merit. (Forsaken will consent to deeper screening due to recent events.))”

Expedition of The Dragon Isles

The expedition will begin in January, it will be a combination of multi-layered & phased events (that will hopefully last throughout the expansion, OR until the Reliquary storyline is concluded). Each phase will last a couple of weeks and focus on predetermined zones. The events will include puzzle-solving, action-driven adventures, social gatherings, and possibly auctions at Silvermoon City. As of now, at least 1 roleplay event will take place each week.

IC Goals

• Exploring the Dragon Isles & mapping the land
  • Learning about the Dragonflights’ origins & developing a better understanding of the Titans/Order
  • Discovering possible “new” and/or “ancient” sources of magic
  • Recovering artifacts in order to deliver riches & powerful relics back to the high kingdom in order to compensate for the presumed financial losses after the fourth war

OOC Notes

• As stated in the current lore, this time the opposing faction will not pose a threat against us. In fact, unlike what happened in Pandaria, we may cooperate with them to reach our own goals.
    • Granted, we, the administration, decided to remain wary of the Alliance. Although we will not express hostility toward them, we are less likely to mingle either.
  • During the expedition, the main threat will be the so-called “Primalists” and the land itself.
  • Throughout the expansion, we intend to remain at the Isles IC, except for the Headmistress & members who may need (or be asked) to go back to Quel’thalas, according to our needs. However, only the initial part of our expedition will require the characters’ full-time presence. This means that after we set our base of operation, your characters will be free to roam the world as usual.
  • Depending on participants’ feedback, pace, and other variables, we may extend or shorten the duration of our events. And as always, all of our members are encouraged to present their ideas & DM events if they wish to do so.

Expedition Roadmap

Initially, we will launch an exploration party, and set our base of operations at the Dragon Isles. While our future events may be more exclusive, we want to include anyone who is interested in joining us for the introduction part. Since the institute is a branch of the reliquary, we thought this would provide you an IC opportunity to venture to the Isles. We hold the opinion that it would be a nice touch for those who wish to stick to the current lore and follow the reliquary on their adventures.

The first part will most likely last for a week and take place in 3 parts; seafaring adventure, exploration of the Waking shore, and settling down in Valdrakken.

After the introduction part, we will go back to our normal event Schedule. During the first phase of our expedition, we will focus on discovery & recovery. The institute will begin patrolling the isles and find possible dig sites, and/or areas of interest for research. At this stage, we will mostly be active at the Isles, conducting research.

Later down the line, when our members decide that we should withdraw to the kingdom, we will continue our experiments on the recovered artifacts back in Quel’thalas. At this stage, our events will be less structured, excluding auctions (if we hold any).

2. Revival of The Reliquary Institute (Guild Info - IC)

The Reliquary Institute was founded by Professor Arypus Coldgaze, a battlemage commander and renowned scholar, during the Pandaria campaign, but has been led by Headmistress Ariena Dawnharvest, a Magistrix noble of the kingdom, since the Fourth War. As an autonomous body within the Reliquary, the Institute serves as a training ground for apprentices, providing them with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in fieldwork and various schools of magic.

While we welcome members of all races within the Horde, applicants from the Forsaken, Dark Rangers, Death Knights, and Demon Hunters will be subject to additional screening due to their volatile nature and potentially conflicting goals.

At the Institute, we offer a variety of classes and lectures to ensure that all of our employees have the knowledge and skills necessary to perform their duties to the best of their abilities. We encourage anyone who wishes to join our ranks but feels that their knowledge may be insufficient, to apply. Our mages have dedicated their lives to expanding their knowledge and are more than willing to provide specialized lessons in magic, archaeology, and scrying.

If you are interested in earning a handsome salary, expanding your knowledge, and exploring the world’s secrets, we encourage you to visit our office at The Royal Exchange in Silvermoon City and apply to join the Reliquary Institute. We believe that everyone has something to offer, and we are always looking for talented and dedicated individuals to join our cause.

As a governmental body, supported by the entirety of the Horde, we are committed to upholding the highest standards of professionalism and integrity. We expect all members of the Institute to adhere to these standards at all times and to conduct themselves with dignity and respect towards their colleagues and the communities we serve.

2.1. Who are we? (OOC)

We are the Reliquary Institute, a part of the renowned Reliquary organization introduced in Cataclysm as the Horde counterpart to the Explorer’s League. Our focus in roleplay is on locating, retrieving, and researching relics and other items during our events. While the Reliquary is known for digging up relics, we focus on more action- and adventure-driven events, including potentially dangerous and covert missions.

2.2. What should you expect from us?

We offer immersive, story-driven events in which your actions can have lasting consequences. Our rank system is fair and our atmosphere is welcoming, encouraging you to participate and shape the outcomes of events. We also allow for the creation and DMing of personal story arcs and events, with the approval of the officers.

2.3. What do we expect from you?

We expect all members to adhere to the rules and become a part of the Institute. You can find these rules on our Argent Archives page and discord community. We recommend that you write a “background report” or “legal record” document before applying, which can be found as examples on our Argent Archives page.

2.4. What do we offer in addition?

In addition to our events and rank system, we have a discord server where we engage in regular conversations and are open to the future of the guild, both in-character and out-of-character. Your opinions and contributions will be valued once you become a member.

2.5. How can you join us?

If you wish to join us, you can contact one of our recruiting officers through the “/who Reliquary” command or by visiting our office at The Royal Exchange in Silvermoon City (ask a guard for the location of the “Archeology Trainer”). Alternatively, you can look for our IC posters, which can be found on bulletin boards in major Horde cities. If you have difficulty finding the officers, any of our members should be able to assist you.

11 Likes

A great and amazing guild with a lot of fun events and storylines. I can’t recommend it more ^~^

1 Like

Lovely to see a Reliquary guild! My own guild (Kirin Tor) travelled to the Isles and set up camp in Azure Span just yesterday ; we plan on spending the next weeks exploring and making contact. Find us whenever if linking up with other guilds interests you!

2 Likes

Of course, we would love to meet up with you if we find ourselves in the same place, or perhaps we could even make some events together :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, more associates to “borrow” notes from. A delight to see other members in the field of curiosity.

2 Likes

I will gladly share my notes and wares in exchange of some of your coins :wink:

Quite a peculiar statement, as we have the same thought and intent. Transfer of funds to the Gilnean people or my own holding is always welcomed.

1 Like

I would love to partake in such a transfer, if it comes with the transfer of information and goods in my direction.

1 Like

How about a mutual parting of coins, goods, and information? A win for each investor.

1 Like

That sounds like a highly profitable agreement. I am looking forwards to seeing you IC!

1 Like

clears throat This doesn’t mean I have to return already procured items from your colleagues in the Reliquary in general, does it?

1 Like

Ofcourse it does not. if they were careless enough to have their goods sto- I mean, mercantile enough to sell them to an upstandanding citizen such as yourself, you are the rightful owner of said items.

1 Like

A delight to talk with a reasonable tradesman. People shouldn’t leave their belongings unattended anyways.

1 Like

Quite. Anyone could take them! I believe we will get along splendidly, my friend.

1 Like

:face_with_monocle:

It’s good to see you guys putting yourselves out there again. Reliquary went quiet for a while if I recall. Best of luck to you guys in all honesty, used to be around the Reliquary group many moons ago for a small while would say that I enjoyed the RP quite a bit!

2 Likes

It is nice to see such flattering feedback. Thanks for your supportive message, mate!

1 Like

Do come visit our Plushie/Artifact stand during this sunday’s winter veil event in Silvermoon! I’d love to see old acquintances!

2 Likes

Buckle up, everyone!

This weekend, we will be hitting the road with our allies. This is the last notice for those who might have missed our postings, yet may wish to be a part of our exclusive events on the Isles.

Do not miss out! Cheers!

1 Like

Several days on the roads and I am quite enjoying myself with this bunch! Travelling through the Dragon isles and finding possible plot hooks along the way. going over terrifying bridges and through cold wastes, longing plains and rugged beaches, the Institute has finally landed in valdrakken, ready for the rest of the expansion!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.