[H-RP] [Troll RP] Gravesworn - Friends On The Other Side 💀

Bwonsamdi guards our spirits well,
He makes death most inviting.
Ya think he be a trickster,
His humor often biting.

Who are the Gravesworn?

The Gravesworn are a group of Horde-aligned devotees of the big man on de other side, Bwonsamdi. Each of them have made an unearthly pact with the Loa – protection (some even say immortality, though this is yet to be proven) in exchange for the devotee’s life in servitude.

What does this servitude entail?

Reaping the souls of the unworthy & ensuring the cycle of life & death continues as it should, of course. While all souls are fair game to the Gravesworn, they still hold themselves to certain standards.
It’s rare for them to take the souls of a fellow troll, or a member of the Horde. The Gravesworn largely deal with the souls of the Alliance, pledging every slain member of their forces to the Loa of Death, so that he may grow in power; at least, that’s what they believe. It might do nothing. Who knows.

Behind his smile and pointed humor,
Dere lies a darkness, a hint of rumor.
He knows things dat make de brave men shriek,
The truth from him, ya must not seek.

What can you expect from us?

A tight-knit community, above all. The intention is for Gravesworn to simply be a group of death-y friends having a good time in the name of their Loa. To this end, we’re a character-driven guild with a heavy focus on consequence, conflict & storytelling – to us, a small group of individuals is better than a horde of faceless grunts.
We’re going to be focusing heavily on inter-faction conflict, with the intention being to lend a little terror to RPPVP/PvE server campaigns whenever they might crop up, but we’re also going to be running some social events intended to give the Troll community a bit of a boost. PvE isn’t out of the question either – we’ve got a few capable DMs to run regular events during downtime.

De realm of death be his alone.
Ya life and spirit to him be known.
And when dat life do end,
Make sure Bwonsamdi be ya friend.

What are we looking for?

As stated above, we’re looking for interesting, unique characters over everything else. However, this does come with a few stipulations, as outlined below.

• Be a follower of Bwonsamdi – this is obvious, but those that worship other Loa aren’t really welcome here!
  • Be a troll. Goes without saying, really.
  • Don’t take things too seriously – the tone we’re going for is campy and dark, much like how WoW itself is written with regards to Bwonsamdi & trolls in general. Characters like Kyle ‘Screw You Mom’ Skullblood clad entirely in red & black with three katanas aren’t really our vibe, so bear that in mind before you give us a shout. Self-aware edge is good, if not downright encouraged, though!

Den Bwonsamdi will surely guide,

"Come on through to de other side."

– Tales of the Loa: Bwonsamdi

How do I get in touch with you?

Easy - drop me an add on Discord @ Sonder#5651 or whisper any one of us in game. In-game mail to Vonasha is also encouraged!

To seek us out in-character, well – just get in touch OOC and we’ll arrange a meeting through some appropriately profane ritual. Rumours say that a group of creepy trolls have infested Orgrimmar’s Valley of Spirits lately, though – that might be worth a try if you’re not up for talking to ghosts just yet.

:skull: Thanks for reading - leave feedback of any sort below, and we’ll see you on the other side! :skull:

35 Likes

It’s nice to say group of bwon bois,
Sadly i killed off my Shadow hunter of bwonsamdi :joy:

Even my pc broke ans can’t play anymore

Anyways! It’s a nice concept! Gather souls for bwon mon and send the to “da otha side”!
Wish you best of luck!

4 Likes

Hopefully we’ll run into each other on the Living side of things! :eyes:

4 Likes

Based. :cowboy_hat_face::smoking:

4 Likes

One of the few creative guild concepts in a while. Sounds really good and hope you live a long and successful niche guild life.

6 Likes

Good luck with this concept! Tip: have you ever met Zulluji? As far as I know he still runs Zulguede, a troll guild with a similar approach when it comes to Bwonsamdi: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/151452 . I’d imagine you two could team up during events :smiley:

4 Likes

I have not, but thanks for the pointer - I’ll give it a look! :skull:

3 Likes

Very much looking forward to being a part of this guild! :skull:

4 Likes

I used to have a troll assassin faithful to Bwonsamdi in MoP. I might co-opt that role with my Zandalari :skull:

5 Likes

We’ll keep an eye out! :skull:

2 Likes

Great Concept, will be in touch!

3 Likes

Awesome - more trolls! Best of luck with this concept, plenty of things to work on this expansion!

2 Likes

Worth noting that, with the advent of the release date for Zandalari/Kul Tirans - we DO take Zandies! We’ll be imposing a cap on them due to the likely infux of those
T A L L B O I S but don’t let that deter you from giving us a prod! :skull:

6 Likes

Bwonsamdi is one of my favorite lorecharacters this expansion , very cool to see a guild based around him, good luck!

4 Likes

Bwomsamdi? Smells like a Banshee Queen Cosplayer.

Seriously though, sounds dope.

4 Likes

Bump because the GM seems like a rlly cool person and the guilds idea seems unique and honestly just a lot of fun

4 Likes

Cannot wait to roll my zandalari and jump right into this guild.

The Loa of Graves will see you now :dagger:

3 Likes

You guys mind an elf watching from a distance? I’m curious what you are up to, especially since I’m new to troll RP

2 Likes

We’ll be around - we don’t bite!

2 Likes

This looks really fun. Won’t be RPing as such but I wish you luck and plenty of meaningful RP with your group!

3 Likes