Hand of Ragnaros is not a legendary weapon

Hello there (and sorry for the clickbaity title)

after some time, playing with HoR, and simming stuff with different weapons, I have to point out that Hand of Ragnaros does not feel powerfull enough to be a legendary weapon.

Some numbers:
Spinal Reaper DPS: 76
HoR DPS: 80,4
Ashkandi (P5) DPS: 81.81

We can all see the the stats arent that noteworthy compared to the “strongest” p4 and p5 weapons.
Also the ppm on the onhit effect “Purged by Fire” is abysmal. Its 0,5 ppm or 1ppm if I remember correctly.

So HoR does not shine with better stats nore its “unique” effect. Most classes that play with HoR get a replacement in phase 5.

Conclusion: This weapon is not really powerfull enough the be orange.

I would strongly recommend to buff either the stats and/or the proc of HoR.
The players who worked hard for it should have the chance to hold on it a little bit longer than just one phase.

Thanks for reading, as always.

3 Likes

sulfuras should legit get a buff, replacing it with ashkandi is just toxic.

all the effort to even grind the weapon wasted by an RNG drop of ashkandi

1 Like

I thought the hammer was for ferals in SoD?

Why give it to any one else?

1 Like

Even ferals will be replacing it next phase with Rae’lar the new druid class weapon. The only caveat is they get to keep fire cat form with some item from Reals.

Feral its a WF buff not more, it dont need the iconic paladin hammer…

Kinda hard to say that feral is just a WF buff when they are gapping paladins in dps on pretty much every fight right now xD if anyone is just a buff its the fire resist aura + blessings bringer :wink:

from the sims I got sulfuras stay way above ashkandi for ret (around 400 dps above)

Go try with untamed blade instead, and use new tier set instead of 6pc t1. The dps difference is staggering. Its almost a 500 dps difference using untamed blade over HoR.

But paladins piss themselves like little girls if they aren’t put in a group with a feral. :joy:

how did you get those ? the untamed blade doesn’t come close to the HoR in 6p t2 draconic for ret. in fact it does almost the same damage that ashkandi is doing …

the sims give me this :

ashkandi : 3640

untamed blade : 3635

hand of rag : 4050

They should maybe introduce some item dropping in bwl to just upgrade the weapon from hand of ragnaros to Arm of Ragnaros or something like that.
Adding +10 dps and increasing all other weapon stats and effects by +30% maybe.

2 Likes

???

Blood Paladins thinking they’re the main character as per usual.

No don’t want another shadowmourne, especially how these are being given out like candy

HoR was never ment to be the best weapon all the way

Dident they make it raidwide?

Are you using an up to date sim with rotation? Cause it doesn’t sound like it

Ws - yes
LotP - no

Here you can see for yourself. Nothing changes between gear, only weapon and rotation.

new update
askhandi got even stronger, the gap widens between askhandi and HoR

Strength: 0 ➞ 20
Stamina: 33 ➞ 23

:confused:

There’s a reason why people call it “The Orange Epic”. It’s value is not with how effective it is, but how literally valuable it is… as in: costly.

I do agree tho, Sulfuras needs to be more spectacular & essential for the classes that wield it.

2 Likes