Happy 14th Anniversary WoW Europe!

I started playing late vanilla, I remember my highest character being a level 55 mage named Mightymage, my first ever character was a human warrior named Grizzy.

My fave memory would definitely be the exploring the open world as I quested, especially when the world is fresh and new to me (although each expansion zones do that to me, even now, big job well done to the art team!), seeing players of different levels, seeing what lies ahead of me :slight_smile:
And without a doubt I remember every login screen since playing :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for taking the time to share some great memories!

It’d be wrong of me to ask without joining in myself - so my first experience was playing on a friends account during closed beta. My laptop at the time wasn’t good enough to run WoW, so I didn’t actually join the game until just before the Gates of Ahn’Qiraj event when I spent my entire student loan in one go on a new PC - and subsequently spent the next few months living off beans on toast! :rofl:

I think the moment I knew I’d fallen in love with this game was playing really early in the morning during my first or second week, on the flight path between Stormwind and Ironforge… just seeing the sun rising in the sky as the gryphon flew toward gates of Ironforge, snow everywhere underneath, that was just… wow…

5 Likes

I remember joining with a friend.

My PC was an old old rusty thing that i had to open the side panel of and have extra fans blowing into just to load wow for half hour. (not much has changed PC wise other than now being able to play with the case closed :smiley: )

The download took ages (Days) and i could only play it at very select times.

My first WoW (non irl) Friend was a lovely lady, max level mage who walked me through so much. We become such good friends that she even wrote my uni recommendation. Sadly, it appears that she left the game.

I’ve made some amazing friends and had a fantastic time.

With some side characters here and there , but this is still my main since vanilla. Thank you Blizzard for making this possible :smiley:

My best memories i had was when the game was acctauly fun to play nowadays the only activity we do is standing afk in a major city waiting for friends to come online to do something because the main game itself is boring as hell.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.