Happy 14th Anniversary WoW Europe!

I started playing TBC, first memory of WoW is downloading patch 2.4.3.

One of my best and most akward memory is my first raid in WotLK, Naxxramas. I played Combat Rogue and i was so nervous. Right when the tanks were about to pull some slimy mobs i rushed in before them, did a killing spree and died instantly infront of the whole raid. Right after that i pulled the ethernet cable and faked a dc.

The image doesn’t work for me? Mozilla Firefox.

1 Like

Started exactly 14 years ago - was standing in line at the store to buy this game. Bought the game, went home, installed the game and played around 24 hrs straight.

Unfortunately this game is far from what it was. Back then it was miles ahead of everything else. While it’s still ahead the gap is closing…

Still having fun every now and then though.

started playing somewhere in 2007, and in all honesty, have been hooked ever since day one. i did take a very long break from cata till legion. i regret the break i took and the great memories of the game drew me back to it. And after my break i was hooked within the minute again.

Too many great memories to tell em all, far, far too many.
but one thing i will always remember, after making my first character. A night elf hunter, i wanted to get a gun instead of a bow. as a level 6 or 7 night elf traveling through darkshore>auberdine>wetlands>dun morough>Ironforge to get the gun skil. even though the trip was gruesome, with many many deaths and corpseruns. that moment you look upon ironforge for the first time and have your breath taken away, the music, the feel the sheer size of the world and the city in the mountain. priceless, hooked ever since

Started in May 2005, played for about six months. This was enough to level an orc warrior to 30 and a troll shaman to 15. I earned about 30g.
Came back in 2007 and created this shaman and by then levelling was much improved. You could level all the way to 60 in a few months by then.

I started playing January 2008 (i think) with my druid.

My Favourite memory might be my first Algalon kill in Ulduar or the chase of the lucid nightmare mount.

I remember the screen. I Still have the 5 DvD set of discs of the original WoW install. (I got it from a friend of mine. later i bought my own battlechest with BC addon)

At the time of EU release, I was heavily invested in Ultima Online. I enjoyed that game so much and really did not feel like trying anything else.
My brother tried for the longest to convince me to try.

I succumbed to temptation about a year later, spring 2006. I only wanted to try it to see “what the fuzz was all about”. I borrowed my brothers discs and started a trial. Played to about level 8 or so and bought the game and a subscription the very next day.

Best memories has to include a ton of all the “firsts”.
First Gryphon ride, first time venturing outside of the starting zone, first of each of the gear upgrades, first dungeon / group activity, first max level, first raid etc etc.

I remember i was in a store and saw the Colector’s Edition all over the place. The salesman told me it was released that exact day, and so I bought the game 14 years ago.

My first character was a night elf druid, and i still play it today. I remember loving exploring the world… and leveling as restoration until 60 lol (yes, back then i had no idea how to choose specs).

My favorite zones were the night elf and the undead zones (yes, i absolutely loved Teldrassil and Undercity, you know the ones you just burned / blighted to oblivion) and i was absolutely impressed how big the world was. Ah good memories.

I still play the characters i created in vanilla: my night elf druid, my tauren shaman, my human (now void elf) warlock and my human paladin.

PS: loved getting those 3 colectors edition pets from the colector’s edition :slight_smile:

I started playing since US beta.

My favorite moment was watching the cinematic and I remember I was so hyped and then I logged into the game and I was so disappointed because storytelling was awful and unfortunately still is to this day, then I checked professions and they were all meh… and still are and don’t get me started about graphics and I’m not speaking about the art style but the static trees, lack of physics, clipping and whatnot…

Luckily I still enjoy the social aspect of the game, PvP, tanking and dps’ing in dungeons and raids.

January 2008.

Ooh and that music when it completed… but hold on, can’t play yet, “downloading updated tools”

-Living in Germany it has been 13 years and 364 days ago. I started playing the first day after EU-release :wink:
-There are so many, but my first is the tavern in Goldshire. When my human mage arrived at Goldshire there were a lot of characters in the tavern dancing on the tables and having fun and I had absolutely no clue whether it were NPCs or players :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:
-I surely remember it. IIrc the normal box contained a few (4?) Install-CDs…
A few weeks l later I bought a Collector’s Edition and was happy to have an install DVD without the need of switching disks during the install process :sunglasses:

1 Like

The problem is there was never a 5DVD one - there was a 5CD and 1DVD. Later they made a 2DVD installer with expansions.

1 Like

Thank you for all the new content, all the new lore, amazing characters, for friendships and connection around the world and the main reason for attending a BlizzCon way back in the day. I’ve been playing this since the day 1 and can’t imagine my everyday life without the community of this game and Blizzard itself. You’ve been such a long part of my life, that it is actually unbelievable.

To every single one in Blizzard, thank you. Thank you!

Levelling up while the war effort was going on in Ironforge and contributing my hard earned cloth feeling like I made a difference even though I probably didn’t. Ah the good times, can’t wait for Classic!

Started late TBC

Literally a few days before wotlk launched.

Favourite memory has to be doing wintergrasp for the first time on my warrior! I saw a shaman and instantly knew I wanted one, been plying both ever since :smiley:

Think I started about a year before TBC was released… Bumbled around in the company of some ‘burnt out old raiders’ who I’m not sure ever really had time to have burnt out. Eventually ended up with a pair of level 60s, of which the shaman became my raiding main in TBC.

When Wrath launched, I’d prepared 3 days worth of healthy meals and went at it for something like 19 hours per day - until I inevitably overslept on day 3. Missed out on realm-first shaman to 80 by about an hour… gutted.

Despite this, Wrath made most of the best memories. The overall theme was much preferable to TBC, and my raiding guild was going strong, regularly competing for realm firsts. Transitioning to ICC gave me the chance to change class and was a happy druid making an annoyance of myself in Wintergrasp with knockbacks and heals :joy:

Eventually it fizzled somewhere around Cataclysm. Some of us were starting to tire of the hardcore life, our GM was dating one of the guild officers, and our MT had wanted to date said officer and quit when he found out. A few of us merged with a friendly guild, and without really knowing how, I ended up tanking Deathwing a few times. Which was pretty cool :slight_smile:

Now I am a burnt out old raider, levelling alts and doing casual content in the short time that I can spare to play :stuck_out_tongue:

I started playing 21/5/2005 (three months after launch). I remember the exact date because it was my mother’s birthday. I was buying a gift for my mother and I saw the WOW box in the store. Being a Warcraft and Starcraft RTS fan, I thought I would give it a try.

My favourite memory of wow was first time I took a flight from loch modan to ironforge. I was impressed by the scenery. I took the trip back and forth few times in a row just to see it again.

I don’t remember the screen, but I am sure this is what greeted me when I inserted the WOW CD :slight_smile:

“Mother, i have bought a game for your birthday - I thought this way we can spend more time together… Is it alright if we install the game on my computer??” :kissing_closed_eyes:

Hehe. Actually the wow box was for me. Actually, I don’t remember what gift I bought for her that day. I only remember buying two items, one of them was WOW :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was a gift of giving her some “me time”!