Hardcore dungeons anti-kite mechanisms

In addition, Classic Hardcore realms will feature adjusted behavior for creatures in most dungeons to make it significantly more difficult to endlessly snare and kite enemies […]

Does anyone know how this will work? As I understand, they want to prevent it being possible to pull a gazillion mindless melee mobs and murder them with Blizzard. But, I am concerned it won’t be possible to retreat from a pull gone awry and slow the mobs as you make your way to the exit, something I would consider a far more legitimate use of kiting tools.

I’m having difficulties finding someone who knows how it works (worked?) in SoM, but the best answer I’ve gotten is that mobs become unslowable after half a minute in combat, which doesn’t sound at all promising.

1 Like

But bots will still be able to fly hack :clown_face:

7 Likes

This is something that I would actually love to see replied by a GM.

GMs on the forums, lol. Blizzard CSRs on the Classic forums, Lol again.

From where you cite this? I cannot find in Rules of Engagement.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23988663/adventures-in-classic-hardcore-whats-playing

1 Like

The full quote from Yeetheart’s link

In addition, Classic Hardcore realms will feature adjusted behavior for creatures in most dungeons to make it significantly more difficult to endlessly snare and kite enemies, on top of a significant reduction to group XP earned when there is large disparity between player levels in the same group.

Personally I think it’s reduced effectiveness each time rather than an immunity.

That’d still be problematic. A frost mage could make a mob immune without anyone trying to kite it. Just bolting it for for single target or using CoC/[Improved] Blizzard for AoE damage.

Kind of diminishing returns?

Why? It’s the tanks job to hold aggro, not the mages.

One more rule they should add is that you can’t go into a dungeon without a full group unless you outlevel it by over 20.

My original concern is that because they are taking us on a regulatory rollercoaster to prevent some degenerate AoE farming, more legitimate uses of snares/roots won’t work.

So say that we are fighting some pull, just regular tank and spank, and I am using some frost spells to do damage. Then something goes wrong and we need to make a defensive play to survive or run for the exit. Now I could just Blink and leave the others to their fate, or keep mindlessly DPSing, or, as I would like to, use my snares/roots to help everyone survive.

However, then Blizzard say “because you’ve been fighting the pack for too long” or “because the pack has been slowed too much already” (which frost mages sometimes do without trying), none of my spells work, and the mobs run us down like a Shinkansen Shipwrecker.

1 Like

We don’t know how long they will stay frozen or slowed or how much the effect is reduced.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.