Hardcore PvP idea

Hello, first of all I just want to say that this is just an idea, so dont worry if you dont like it.

So we all know hardcore is coming, and hardcore is ofcourse mostly a PvE oriented game mode. But having played other games such as DayZ, which are also hardcore mostly PvP games iv’e had a bit of a fun idea that COULD work with hardcore WoW.

So imagine the normal hardcore servers would function exaclty as a normal PvE/RP server, in which PvP is not forced upon you. Aka you toggle PvP on/off whenever or wherever you want. Imagine then that engaging in PvP on these hardcore realms do not = perma death. Instead it allows you to loot 1 item off the persons items/inventory. Essentially creating a version of DayZ/Pubg or another hardcore PvP game you can imagine.

So if you decide to toggle on PvP on the hardcore realm in STV for example, you as a lvl 30 warrior could try and kill a higher level person who already has the WW axe, and if youre succesfull you could potentially loot the axe off the person you killed. Ofcourse the person could afterwards try and hunt you down to reclaim his weapon. And ofcourse none of this would be forced as the server still functions as an RP/PvE server.

I think it could be a fun addition to hardcore, adding another element to it.

I hope there is some sort of Hardcore PvP setup. I dont know what that would look like or what the rules would be but it woukd be a shame if no PvP Hardcore setup was attempted.

I’d like to see an honor system based around /Makgora, with the highest rank literally being Warchief for Horde, and w/e is the equivalent for Alliance.

1 duel win = 1 rank up, maybe becoming 2 or 3 wins beyond rank 10. Whoever achieves Warchief first becomes the Warchief, only way to become Warchief is /Makgora and take the title. Maybe it re-sets once per week in case people are too scared to risk losing it.

Edit: Can only rank at 55+ to avoid abuse

Your idea is just looting a WoW character in PvP mode but it has nothing todo with DayZ

DayZ, SCUM and other games aren’t hardcore it’s survival in a open world.
You can grind and hide best gear in chests and other places and come back with your next life to loot your previous body (if other players didn’t already) and much more.

Unfortunately Survival Open Worlds don’t have progress like leveling and interesting skill systems. You literally only loot houses or other things 24/7. Add progress like in MMORPGs and survival games would have much more players.

DayZ is hardcore in the sense that there is perma death and you can loot other people you kill. It is the combination of that i think could be fun in WoW hardcore. Except that dying to PvP should not = perma death. But simply allow your killer to loot one item from you.

I know that is not exaclty the same, but it is similar. And DayZ has a very high player count for its age.

It’s perma death but since there is no progress it doesn’t hurt anyone. Just loot new stuff and you are fine. This makes Dayz and other survivals feel like round based PvP and not really like Open world action.

Edit:
In general I like the idea to add Playerloot to WoW PvP but since we cannot die in HC PvP we don’t deserve great loot from other players … My point is that taking risks should always be rewarding, we don’t need casual gifts just for looting like in survival games.

Well the risk is you get looted yourself if you die. Imagine dinging lvl 60 and ganking a HC rogue with thunderfury and looting it. Only to have him chase you down to try and reclaim it. That’s pretty close to DayZ, you might die with full gear on the airfield and try to rush up there and find the guy who killed you to reclaim your lost gear.

Why would anyone wear thunderfury as a lootable player?

As I said, a survival looter concept like DayZ doesn’t work in WoW because it’s a real open world with level progress and RNG over time.

Making games hard and challenging is great, but not frustrating your players.

Because its fun? Why would people roll on a PvP server? Because they like it. You dont HAVE to participate since it would still be working like a PvE server.

I don’t think any player thinks that losing thunderfury is fun. You need a reality check mate.

Then why do DayZ players think loosing a high end sniper is fun? You can win it back :wink: and you dont HAVE to participate.

This is wow forums btw i dont understand what game u rp as

My 2 cents…I see this being abused. Peeps purposely dueling and losing to pass over an item, it’s a way around trading. (Edit) Or borrow loot for a few levels and pass (duel) it back.

I’m not here to discourage ideas, just wanted you to see another side of the idea.

1 Like

You will be able to trade in official HC anyway

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.