Have you ever been banned? and for what

what did you get banned for ? did you lose anything? items, achievements titles . mounts?

or did you simply just get a ban :), and would you do it again after the ban,

no flaming here, just an honest chat discussion

2 Likes

Phishing mail.

When I stopped playing wow one of my friend opened those account stealing mail and you know the rest of stroy during end of cata.

I got mail from offical blizz mentioning that my account is banned for suspicious activity including account selling. Then I realized someone messed with my personal mails.

Lost all gold items, gear etc.

ouch! feel bad man, that is a horrible story :frowning:

1 Like

In WoW? For trolling trade chat. People got mad that I told them that /camp will put up a tent and promptly reported me enmasse, I got a 24 hour ban that I didn’t even know about until I saw it in the email.

In OW I got banned for “abusive chat” over some games, mostly relating to their performance being subpar for the rank they were at. Didn’t even know that one happened either until after it had expired, lmao.

I’m a good girl

9 Likes

I think I got banned for 24 hours once for calling someone a “blithering idiot”. Was ages ago though.

yeah that doesnt happen these days now

Is it worth pointing out it is against the forum rules to talk about bans/account actions???

I have been suspended from the forum, most recently for saying something naughty on the AD forum, I don’t regret what I said, I knew it would likely get me in trouble and would totally do it again if the circumstance arose :smiling_imp: the person it was directed to deserved it lol

In game, never had a single account action :innocent:

1 Like

I once have been silenced on the forums for having a quote with the f-word masked in it.

The appeal got the response “yes you are silenced”. Not very helpfull.

No, but I’m about to bring some moves to liven this place up.

Most can’t handle those moves. Might get me banned.
But we will enjoy just as much as you all will.

1 Like

They thought i was botting in pit of saron back in the days when i was farming that super simian sphare toy.

Appeal worked becouse i was not botting but if u farm to much u get banned becouse of auto systems.

Yes so I’ve ummmm heard :rofl::rofl:

*cough.

2 Likes

I recived a ban back in vanilla, from what I understand me attacking and killing a gnome similar level to me in the badlands made him report me for harassment getting me a short ban.

That or I killed a GMs alt.

1 Like

post edited

i have never been banned, well maybe once on the forums (only for 1 day) because i trolled.

but i dont do that anymore.

in terms of being banned from the game, never. I follow the rules

My favourite thing to do was join Epic BGs like Alterac with loads of people and drop a mage portals on top of warlock Heathstones and food buffets.
Obviously I didn’t pick just any portal, I selected the Old Dalaran portal which kills you from fall damage when you get there.

I would also use the /e command to mimic an official game notification that would read: “Slapface has flagged you as AFK. To avoid being marked as such, please type /afk in chat or you will be kicked from this instance in 30 seconds.” - worked every time.

I got quite a few hateful whispers. Those were the days.
God I’m feeling nostalgic right now.

1 Like

No bans or Silences on my account :< im a good girl.

I got a forum ban (3 days I think) for necroing a thread complaining about too much necroing.

Whilst primarily done as a joke, I also had a slight disgruntlement with this whole anti-necroing culture. I can see why a thread complaining about certain spells or effects can become out-of-date due to updates and changes to game mechanics but there are many threads talking about lore or transmogs or wished-for additions etc which remain relevant ongoing forward.

I got silenced once for using a :poop: emoji.

Oh no, I did it again.
DONT DO IT!

1 Like

-white noise-