Have you ever been banned? and for what

It’s true! The Puny is good

Twice. Once like 10 years ago for 3 days for sending angry whispers after some failed RAID pug i think and 2nd time 7 days ban couple of months ago because enough trolls reporter my interupt announcing addon in party chat

The first one i didnt even notice because IT was during weekend andi. Was away anyway . 2nd one im still salty about because all i got generic ai corporqte responses to my 3 appeals clealry nobody real checked them .

Forum bans ? Countless - for saying truth and facts :slight_smile: which often go against woke leftist propaganda

3 Likes

Never ingame but forum silences… no regrets!

3 Likes

One time when I began playing wow I got into a argument on /2 with another player and we said some awful stuff and got 3 hrs suspension. After that I learned my lesson. I refused to log off so the GM who dealt with me enforced a log out from his/her end and gave me an extra hour suspension for being awkward . This was roughly 2008.

I was a victim of that once … but only once. My brain worked out (too late) how stupid I’d been.

Oh, and never banned/silenced. I’ve been sorely tempted to rip into people in the forums when they’re being excessively unpleasant but, so far, have managed not to.

1 Like

It worked in that recent AV for a while anyway, You know the event one. the timewarp event thing.

1 Like

Got unjustly banned a few months back for RMT and account sharing (my sub was frozen and I hadn’t played in months).

Took a good while but after the appeal they unbanned me. That’s the only stain on my account in 15 years of playing on official servers. :frowning:

Just the one forum ban…nothing too bad but probably my own fault for not realiesing that sarcasm really doesnt translate well on line!

1 Like

1 week silence in game after I wrote in the trade chat for not trade and people reported me in 2018 or so, and one or two forum bans for very harmless things that a very sad and pathetic single individual (who is thankfully gone now after being permabanned in game for breaking TOS about RMT many times himself) mass-reported me with their many alts and I could not be bothered to appeal it because at the end of the day I don’t really care that much. I think that’s it :F

1 Like

lie,s !!!

got banned for buying a american account and logging in once…

got banned when my account got hacked once…

got banned on D3 for selling items on the forums…

been banned on the wow forums plenty mostly for no good reasons which made little sense other than spiteful people being spiteful.

longest ban was 3 years.

1 Like

Back in MoP I had my account hacked, all my gold stolen and whatnot. Then, the hacker pursued to get me permanently banned via EXTREME slur spamming if I remember correctly, though it could’ve been something else too.

Either way, I had proof of being hacked but Blizzard did not care whatsoever to restore my account.

I felt horrible for a year or so at the thought of losing so many dear friends, mounts, memories and so forth and I was mad at the lack of care Blizzard gave. Eventually I decided to make a new account in early/mid WoD, and this is the account.

One thing I will never get over, is the fact that I wish I remembered the name of my very first character, because I was very young back then and it holds all my memories. Would’ve loved to know what names I came up with. But, that is permanently lost with the account because of Blizzard so I try to remove my pique of interest.

1 Like

I got banned once for 24h in Cata. I had a ridiculously offensive character name because I didn’t know what the word meant. I think I got to level 11 before I got a GM whispering me I was about to get a 24h ban and a forced rename.

Again i got banned for farming to much in a dungeon for a toy, becouse of auto systems.

Perm banned played since vanilla but ofc appeal worked becouse i was not botting, just don’t farm to much my tip, auto system kicks in.

Game banned? No. Forum banned? That’s a different story.

1 Like

Just a single forum suspension but that’s what happens when you have a different opinion on reality than regressive people who are perpetually offended at anything and everything.

2 Likes

never been suspended. like puny sayd:

I’m a good boi
or birb.

I hope you regret that haircut though

You have pigtails…

Yes. Pigtails are cute :triumph:

1 Like