Have you ever got bored with WOW all of a sudden?

Hi all,

I have been playing this game for many years in all aspects - from hardcore, to altoholic to dirty casual.

I always have some goal - heritage armor, getting 2K RIO, farming mounts, etc.

However, sometimes, I get bored like instantly. For example few days ago I hit 70 on my warrior with the goal of tanking M+ - I never did it, I healed and dpsed it. But the moment I hit 70, I was like, meh, I am not doing it.

Now I don’t have any meaningful goal and first time since DF I don’t have meaningful goal and don’t know what to do in wow.

Anyone experienced the same? What do you do in this case? (Apart form the obvious - make a break).

P.S. Why doesn’t allow me to select my forum avatar, but only I can pick from select few characters?

Regards,
Imm

When Dragonflight came out i quit at 62.

WOTLK and Blade & soul just took most of my time and i did not feel like i wanted to “force” myself to play Dragonflight just because it was new and fresh.

Yeah, this happens to me as well all the time.

When my mind is not getting enough excitement/drive or time filled, it just creates new things out of nowhere.

Like how i recently watched through 3 seasons of Lucifer or when i came back and leveled a character to 70 recently in DF and then 5 weeks later i lvlved a 2nd character.

It has been annoying at times tho…

Because in the past i have had times where i just flat out lost interest in things at the drop of a hat just because something else came up.

I have only ever played GTA 5 for 6hrs, because the next day something in Marvel heroes came up and i just never came back to GTA 5, obviously this was years ago

2 Likes

yes plenty of times.

just do other stuff / play other games.

its ok to take a break from wow .

6 Likes

Not instantly no. But sure, I’ve gotten bored with WoW. I AM bored with WoW at the moment; I log in once or twice per week. That’s just not enough for me to keep a sub going, hence why I’m letting it lapse.

The boredom for me comes from not being able to progress or have a goal after a short time. Sure, I limit myself by mainly just doing world content, but that hasn’t been an issue for many years; I always had something to work towards or reason to keep ‘grinding’. Not so now. And I hate it.

2 Likes

Many times. I make all of these grandiose plans and stuff I want to do, then suddenly I don’t feel like doing them at all. I usually take a break around that point and come back later. Sometimes it’s days, sometimes it’s weeks and on some occasion it’s months.

I don’t mind at all. Playing less every now and then just keeps the game fresh and interesting for me.

1 Like

Yes. It usually hit me really fast. In my case usually if I repeat the same task too many times. Then I instantly lose interest the next day. I get no warning ahead either, I just suddenly get fed up.

2 Likes

Yeah.

Every time i’m months into farm I just get bored so quickly of the game. I feel like Dragonflight is gonna feel quite the same throughout the expansion. I miss looking forward to some crazy new system or borrowed power to shake up my gameplay. I don’t want to just play the same version of my spec for 2 years…

problems boil down to lack of content outside of instanced endgame ie M+, raids, pvp

if the world zones had things like:

• randomly generated vaults / open world dungeons
  • rare 6-12hour spawns
  • BoE system for BoP tmogs
  • jump puzzles
  • player generated quests or bounty boards

things like this would add extra ways to play
but blizzard are too focused on Esports and RWF

its not really an MMO in this respect, and we all end up getting bored waiting for the next patch for the next raid tier
never ending linear boring gameplay

1 Like

Yes so often I lost count and as often it suddenly returned.

that’s the game right there you thought you liked. That’s exactly what happens when games become over convenient to play. Everything gets boring fast and is characterless.

And please, dont try to bs me. Game is boring because you guys thought convenience is fun. But shocking, it is not.

2 Likes

Don’t make this about ‘you guys’.
I like borrowed power. I like a neverending grind for progression.
I enjoy those things because I like it when an MMORPG always gives you something to work towards.

I’m not into alts; I disagree with the notion that many people have that alts should just be on the same powerlevel as your main; I think THAT is lazy and toxic covenience; every character is a different person within the world and they shouldn’t just be given what you got on another character.

So no… Some of the changes they made in DF are NOT what I wanted (and definitely did not ask for). They are in fact the exact opposite of what I want.

Blizzard just needs to add something like “Daily/weekly challenge” like other games have.

Might be silly thing to some people, But a lot of others like to have a reason or routine when they are playing.

Not login and play… “Just because” But an actual objective to complete each day.

I got bored with the game in Legion, and it took until the 4th season of Shadowlands to hook me back.

Maybe that’s thanks to Blizzard, or maybe I’d just found the right people to play with.

I did try Classic though. Did not click for me either.

It’s all okay though, I’m not mad at Blizzard because I didn’t like the game at some point.

i am bored now and was in legion, bfa, shadowlands too. I always get bored from wow end game. 3-6 months the same content is exhausting.
Some people enjoy the seasonal content but i dont it is basically the same gameplay loop until 11.0 with new rares, now new dungeon which is a bit better than what we had before and a raid that gets boring after 2 weeks :slight_smile:

but i will stick around for trading post because i am transmog addicted. fomo keeps me paying for the game.

Totally have the same vibes, as a fellow player who has played for oodles of years have found SL and DF where this feeling is more prominent, as a result have become quite casual and don’t play daily anymore like I used to, even though I feel I should :thinking:
… aye was quite addicted but at least now I can leave it be and not feel I am behind in the type of stuff I do :+1:

Always taking breaks, which is a good thing to do! That is why I dont take these 6 month subs!

1 Like

Enjoy your boring game ruined by the tasteless Mc Burger “Shadowlands & Torghast griefer” community.

They don’t understand, they cry, Blizzard gives, game ruins.

They should never listen, never.

Borrowed power is not the answer to boredom as it’s depressing that your character is never “done” and ready for endgame, whatever your chosen end game is.

As a raiding and mythic+ person, more and more varied instances would help reduce those “bored” moments

Im amazed that p2w terrible game is still there, i remenber playing it at its launch to begin with it was pretty decent.

Til they launched p2w troves and rubbish. Shame the game had potiental prior

Lol games not boring.

However, the reason DF has its adopted design is because of high demand to not have systems that require you to log in daily with enforced mundane content.

No one said we wanted less content. We said we wanted optional content instead of borrowed power.

Blizzard decided to adopt deletion of systems with no replacement all on their own

1 Like