Headcanon 2: Electric Boogaloo

Whelming villainy coasting on the sultry voice and smirk.

The cunning Xal’atath was the most subtle of the dimensional parasites burrowing into primeval Azeroth when the Void first split open reality to seed the stars. As an expression of the Void’s infinite truths and infinite ways to twist them, the creature continually vexed the Old Gods as it played on their ambitions and egos, toying with their plans, helping and hindering as it pleased. Unbound by other beings, it thrived on the chaos endemic to the Black Empire and functionally played both spymaster and puppetmaster.

All its machinations came to naught as it managed to draw the ire of all the gods at once before having time to shift the blame for the millionth time. Predictably, it was torn apart and its essence lingered in its remaining curved claw; the one remnant of its once pseudo-feline form.

Unable to truly die, it eventually coaxed the simple-minded hosts that worshiped the Old Gods into using its claw as a sacrificial dagger and drew strength from the bloodshed until it could speak directly to the dark priests weilding it. In time, it would have its freedom again in a living body and these so-called “gods” would end up as the much reduced remnants tormented in their shattered remains.

1 Like

Egg-carrying courier slips on a banana peel, the egg plops into a pool of fel/old god blood/goblin chowder/potion cauldron.

1 Like

According to Lord of the Clans they have “excellent night vision”, according to Cycle of Hatred they see better in the dark than humans, but according to Beyond the Dark Portal they can’t see in proper darkness.

The answer, at least in my headcanon, is between true night vision and merely seeing better at dark.

1 Like

Better then Humans, worse then Thalassian Elves, basicly blind in the dark compared to Night Elves

2 Likes

Probably been said, but always headcanoned that all the Darkspear characters, PC and NPC, kinda know each other on some level but just don’t aknowledge it for whatever reason.

I mean it’s a tribe of like 10 people and a stick they all share, so it makes sense.

3 Likes

Thats why my Darkspear has amnesia and is a death knight.

People might know him, but does he know you??? No.

I would assume they are in the range of calling each other cousin if they were so inclined.

Edit:
I just realized 90% of all high elves died to the scourge, of those that remained 90% became blood elves.
in other words High elves have got to be the most Alabama race on azeroth in current age.

0.1% of the entire race is high elf.

But that could still be anywhere between 10 and 100.000 high elves :dracthyr_shrug:

The Sylvanas did change the specific 90% number to a plain ol’ “a lot of elves died”.

Someone once did the math based on a quote from TBC and arrived at the high elven population being a not so great 1,481.

1 Like

All decidedly unhelpful when new figures are pulled as needed, but that’s one sure to shrink with the void elves actually recruiting these days.

As for blood elves being Alabama’d, they’re perfectly fine. It’s just that you can’t do anything resembling the old social hierarchy since the old aristocracy must have been culled down to 12 heirs inheriting everything between them. Though I guess a tiny oligarchy going to any lengths to control the “regent” makes interesting writing if they dared to try.

1 Like

Not enough.

Which is how it has been run for a while, you’d think Stormwind and Orgrimmar would take a backseat after being torched by Deathwing/Sacked during a civil war and them fronting most threats and conflicts.

Alas. It doesn’t matter.

1 Like

What did I ever do to you?

Blame Malfurion and his girlfriend. If not for him and his meddlesome brother, why, the whole merry lot of them would be either dead or in chains long ago!

Well the Highborne probably snubbed a lot of Tauren when hosting their lavish dinner parties, so fair’s fair.

Orgrimmar could’ve become a new ironforge, built underground using the remnants of Garrosh’s sprawling bunker complex. Those windy crags are unlivable anyway.

Just picture it: a large, sprawling city built into the rock, heated by goblin geothermal engineering and gaslights. Freshwater fed through reservoirs power a central lift carrying people and goods up to an expanded airship platform.

It’s not classically orcish, sure but you get to have some huts outside, I guess. For the grouchy traditionalists.

2 Likes

I wish the orcs would use more Iron Horde tech anyway, I think the only time we’ve seen those Orcish Aircraft carriers was in Nazmir during the Alliance invasions.

Also, they should 100% expand underground too, but also rebuild it abit with Iron Horde and Outland mag’har architecture thrown in.

That would require actual effort to go into Orgrimmar however. It will remain a mess of buildings and tents. Rather than an orcish Petra. Alas.

Stormwind requires another update.

1 Like

Stormwind updates are meh too, anyway.

I mean, they always proclaim Orgrimmar and Stormwind to be these multi-racial cities, but then proceed to only show it in Orgrimmar (even if the troll and tauren parts need some work too, and bring back the goblin part!) while Stormwind gets more and more and more and more human buildings.

And not even the cool kind, with the Mage district bieng a mini-Dalaran, or Dwarven district using Khad Modan-style structures and maybe a gnome tower, but no its all just human buildings.

Also, I understand why the Horde can’t use Iron Horde tech, they’re already the most powerful faction on Azeroth where a unified Alliance and Horde Rebels together wouldn’t be able to win against the Horde, so giving them a tech boost is a problem, but still.

“Making orgrimmar more livable.” “Fresh water.” “Technology.” “Central heating.” “Gas lights.”

FOOLS!

Only the strongest may dwell in Orgrimmar. Of course it’d take the alliance dogs and our dainty elven diplomats to suggest such a thing…

The only gaslighting we need in orgrimmar is gaslighting others.