Healer tweaks/addons/UI

Consider me a noob when it comes to Addons and Macros, I don’t know the names of specific ones but I know what I want so I ask for tips to complete this

Just context information, I play the healer in any groups I am in.

1. I don’t want to cycle through the party every five second to see if they have a curse or poison to cure, what can I do to be notified about such things? Addons? Interface settings?

2. I’d like to see a timer on my hot’s on other people so I can time it when I renew it, as to not waste heal ticks and mana.

3. I don’t have any more questions right now but as I am still low level and has more to learn I am sure I will come up with more at a later date, I will ask what other healers most used addons are and if they have any favorite settings in Interface/Settings that is of great help to them as healers.

Thank you for listening.

1 Like

Try standard raid frames for party groups. It’ll make your job thousands times easier. Interface Options, Raid Profiles, Use Raid-Style Party Frames. There are plenty of other useful checkboxes there, invite your friend and play with those to tune raid frames to your liking.

You might want to try mouseover macroses. Basically replace your abilities with something like that:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help][] Rejuvenation

Now you can hover your mouse pointer over someone’s frame and press your keybind. You don’t need to explicitly click to select that character.

Also you can use addon Clique instead of making a macroses. It also have some extra features.

There are plenty of dedicated healer addons, but try standard raid frames first, they are very good and many healers use them.

Try turning on the Blizzard raid frames (under the interface settings in game) when you’re in a party. You can configure them to show when a member of your party has a debuff that you can remove.

If you don’t like the built-in raid frames, there are plenty of addons available that you can customise to your liking.

The addons, Classic Aura Durations and OmniCC can help you see this information.

I don’t do a lot of healing, but prefer mouseover macros with the Blizzard raid frames when I do. Other swear by the liles of Healbot and VuhDo. My advice is to try everything to see what works best for you.

Thank you both for your answers, I will check it out immediately.
How do I mouseover macro for a specific rank, I have a slot on my actionbar reserved for a lower rank of one of my heals?

/use [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Healing Touch(Rank 1)

There is no space between the name of the spell and the bracket.

Thanx again

what is the second bracket for? the type of effect (let’s say it has 1 effect on friendly and another one on enemy targets) - as in [harm] or [help]?

for the OP, you should try to get familiar with zperl or elvui(this one has everything) and weakauras2.

I’ve been using VuhDo for over 10 years now, it’s a wonderful addon imho :slight_smile:. There is a Classic version of it if you’d like to give it a shot.

Hope you find something that works well for you!

Ooh, I missed this question. And since no one else has answered I’ll try and bluff my way through it. In the example that I gave, the second set of square brackets [] are telling the game what to do if you do no have a living friendly target beneath your mouse cursor. It is basically a shorter way of writing something like this:

/use [@mouseover,help,nodead] Healing Touch(Rank 1); Healing Touch(Rank 1)

As far as I’m aware, you have to separate things out a little in order to cast different spells on different targets. For example:

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead] Rejuvenation; [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Moonfire; [harm, nodead] Wrath; Healing Touch

Probably not the best idea to combine these spells together like this. But it will make things exciting if you lose track of your mouse cursor in the middle of a battle.

1 Like

Clique is alternative to that and what I prefer myself. Saves up on hotkeys and instead you cast your heals with ctrl/shift/alt + left or right click combinations.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.