Heirloom Changes for Shadowlands

This went up in the beta forums earlier this evening:-

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-new-leveling-experience-and-heirlooms/171013?u=punyelf-draenor

3 Likes

All that and we will probably still need to upgrade them to use them and get the bonuses.

60% reduced bonus xp consumption sounds like it could go a long way tbh.

Like instead of 1 or 2 levels it could do 3/3.5 levels

As i have spent a considerable amount of time and gold and whatnot on these I am pleased they’re just not going to be consigned to the trash.

2 Likes

this is the important part

Elixir of Ancient Knowledge, Elixir of the Rapid Mind, and Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning will become Poor quality and no longer usable

better get rid of any you still have, they’re rather expensive on AH. Use them or sell them, whatever. They gonna vendor for something laughable like 10g.

The loom set bonuses are okay, they encourage you to level many alts at once and park idle ones in major cities to accumulate rested exp bonus. If you are actively leveling an alt (by playing a lot on it) then you’re not going to benefit much from this new system.

1 Like

Holy damage? What if I play spriest?

No thanks, run speed would have been cool but this is crap.

7 Likes

I am gonna put here same that i put in that thread:

Why put buff in rested xp if you feel leveling speed is fast enough (which seems to be argument to remove the xp buff in the first place)? I suggest replacing these with some other buffs, like movement speed and something that makes us hit bit harder.

2 minute buff every time when you ding? Not really usable in any practical way. You don’t really control when you ding and it often happens when returning quest. What’s the point? It would be better if it would be 30 minute buff (alltough probably quite overpowered on current 40% value…).

Out-of-combat regen is somewhat usefull if it is actually a really good regen that fills your bars fast (like in other games you usually have as default). If it is any slower than what you get by eating food, there is no point. Alltough i can see usage on it with stealth/shadowmeld situations as extra heal (which might make it too powerfull and end up being nerfed to be slow?).

but you’ll be able to level up 1-60 in one sitting over the weekend so you will not “EXPERIENCE” (HEHE) rested experience at all.

I’m glad they said they’re still experimenting with bonuses cause 2set and 6set have to be replaced with some crazy utility stuff like tons of haste, movement speed etc

2 Likes

Out of combat regen is useless, they should change it to something else.

Radium please delete your post and add it below mine so it looks like you stole my idea and not the other way around.

Although great minds tend to think alike.

1 Like

What about the one i wrote earlier in the other thread? Can we just say that you told me to write those posts, based on your idea? Much easier.

I was also hoping for run speed for the 6 piece set. Banking rested exp is still going to cause the faster levelling they wanted to avoid. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice, but run speed (outside of pvp) would have made levelling so much more fun.

In fact, I think if they switch one of the rested bonuses to run speed, less people will be inclined to park alts in rested areas for a week and just keep leveling.

but run speed doesn’t make any sense.

To make it any noticeable it would need to be at least +30%, possibly +50%.
Then you hit level cap, and your character becomes a snail relatively to what you had during leveling up.

My hunter runs at 148% baseline speed using Trailblazer and Cunning pet (and one azerite armor piece with +8% iirc). Moving away from it to a toon with 100% speed and barely any mvm skills feels awful.

Well yeah it would need to be 30% or so, it would make leveling faster and feel more fun without changing the amount of content you’re doing.

That’s more than fine with me:P

@thread
Movement speed or other utility buffs would be great but at the same time I can already see threads “I was kicked from the dungeon cause I didn’t have heirlooms” in my mind

2 Likes

Naah everyone will have heirlooms in dungeons except in BFA dungeons no one will have (that’s where new players are).

Atleast they making them generic spawnable gear.

Replacing XP bonus with a worse XP bonus is certainly nonsensical when the whole rationale was that XP bonuses in general had to go. And when I level I don’t rest much so seems pretty useless to me. Run speed is faster leveling without less content, which is nice, but mostly yes I agree that zipping around on your alts would have made it a lot more fun.

5 Likes

Could be useful for mages though.