Why do people ask for Heirloom gold refund

Imagine asking gold back for all sockets and enchants every time there’s new tier of gear?

You spent about 500 k gold which you used for years,on every single character you leveled up,most of people who want ‘gold refund’ they bought upgrades with TW tokens anyway.

Its not like you didn’t get that gold back in super fast leveling,not having to worry about loot while leveling,ever again,getting Heirloom trike.

Please get real,you would spent that gold if there were no upgrades other than trike anyway,so…

8 Likes

why refund?

tbh, i wished i were able to buy the upgrades with tw tokens. i always wanted to save them up for mounts and toys and such so i never had any left for the upgrades. :joy:

1 Like

i mean if they would end up removing heirlooms i would wants refunds as well, just because how stupidly expensive it is to upgrade all of them. buying them is not even that expensive, but the upgrades are especially the later ones. concidering how many heirlooms there are it mounts up to a rather huge sum.

people would also want a refund if they bought a 5 million mount and then a year later it becoming some free or cheap vendor mount

3 Likes

Did you only just find out about heirloom changes. We had that discussion some time ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

Simple. Most people bought it for xp buff. Now its gone, and replaced with useless set buffs which are garbage as f. (Unless u log in one time/week).

8 Likes

Since we buy gold for bonus exp

This basically.

A nerf was coming to them due to the new levelling system, but what they’ve replaced it with is utter trash.

7 Likes

For players without much money buying even the bare items for heirlooms can be quite expensive, to the point where I just use cloth heirlooms for any alts since buying plate is expensive. I haven’t seen this stuff about refunding it before but the items are quite a money sink.

Upgrades were too expensive. I didn’t update many to 120, think just a cloak and ring as everyone could wear them and get a little boost.
I haven’t been begging for a refund but I do wish the set bonuses were actually useful.
Rest XP bonus - slightly useful but currently you’d use up one night’s rest xp in one or two quests. with this bonus it’ll be five or six quests so you’ll still need to save up a few days rested in order to benefit.
2 minute buff you’ll mostly get at quest hub and run out of whilst reading the next quest has no use.
More regen has no use, when’s the last time you ran out of mana questing, and health restores pretty quick anyhow.

1 Like

Are they still worse than greens or did they at least fix that?

I hope they did!

I’m sorry, I didn’t realise there was an expiry date on heirlooms usefulness. Wouldn’t have spent all that gold on them if I had of known.

6 Likes

nah thy are still trash - both stat wise buff wise.

blizzard doesnt care though - you already spend that gold for “f…u” /shrug

1 Like

120 is pointless.

Because at 110 u start getting azerite gear,which is like 50x better than Heirloom chest,head and shoulders.

Before u complete quest or before last boss,you just /macro equip xp gear,after u done,equip azerite that’s it.

Trinkets are useless past level 70 anyway,no point upgrading them.

Rings is something most people don’t have

That leaves u with leggings and weapons only.

Upgrading items to 110 is not expensive,even after you upgrade all heirlooms.

U don’t really need 110-120 heirlooms.

I have done it exactly as i described it.Before last boss and before quests turn in,macro equip xp gear,after im done,equip better gear.

Even without 110-120 heirlooms with only wm on and xp potion you buy for Warfront badges,you can get 110-120 in 2 hours.

So i really don’t see what’s up with all crying ‘give gold back’ Did someone force you to upgrade all heirlooms to 120?Because as i explained 2 times already,besides leggings and weapon u don’t need nothing else.

Blizzard could have indeed add better bonuses,but you got your gold worth because you used heirlooms thousands times by now.

Imagine if heirlooms were BOP.

Can you just imagine massive complication giving back all gold people spent on heirlooms.Making program that would search for all people who bought upgrades with TW tokens,searching for people who didn’t upgrade looms to max,looking for everyone who upgraded to max,sending them gold or making additional script that would be able to give back gold somehow when you go and see vendor.

Just imagine tickets blizzard would be buried with for weeks after expansion begins,instead of focusing on expansion release issues.

Im waiting 11 days as it is to get simple respond about long lost account

I am the first one to complain for stuff,but lets be real here.Did you really expect blizzard to give everyone 500.000 or more gold back?That would destroy AH market,and i it would have massive impact on blizzard’s earnings.If 2 million people suddenly got 2 free gamecards.

1 Like

For me personally it’s not that they will or won’t give the gold back, it’s the fact that as soon as I was able I upgraded all my heirlooms from 110 to 120, as I normally do each expansion and like others, if you have all heirlooms it’s a lot of gold to do this.

So I am disappointed that they didn’t tell us earlier that the xp boost from them was to be made obsolete.

lol i just upgraded 4 pieces to 120 :smiley: wasnt aware. but who cares.

It was obvious 55% bonus xp wont fly in new expansion.

Especially once they announced lvl squish.

They could’ve add different bonuses,because these are useless.

How many times u get new level fighting mobs?Even now 1-120 never happens,because u ding at the end of dung or when you turn in your quests.

They could have indeed use at least 0.01% of their brain capacity to think about something else.

Slight speed buffs,weapon enchants on proc,even slow fall on cloak,anything other than rested xp and DIABLO 3 aoe dmg every level.

Yes because equating current gear with looms.

Equate them with mounts and you will see why people get mad.

I kinda like the new looms tbh. The 40% stat buff is pretty nutty, just a shame it’s offset by crusader being nerfed and only realistically lasting 4-5 minutes.