Help! Rogue Weapon Question: Can't Decide

Hi guys,

bare with me, for I’m new to WoW.

I’m lvl 41 Rogue and got

• Hand of Righteousness (1H Mace)
  • Vanquisher’s Sword
  • Sword of Serenity
  • Hyptnotic Blade (Dagger)

Cant’ decide which weapons to use. I’m Combat Swords spec right now.

If I put the Mace in Mainhand, and Vanquisher in Offhand according to character sheet that’s the highest dps.

But I’m not sure. Maybe there is a better option which I don’t see right now?!

Please help!

Thanks

Dont have exact maths on this but, generally you want a fast weapon in your offhand for poison-applications to occur more often.
Best would be Vanquisher’s main hand
Hypnotic blade offhand

It’s a tough call. Your Sinister Strike hits harder with the mace but you get Sword Spec procs with the sword. So idk. This is why you go Human so you always use Swords no matter what :smiley:

It’s not a big deal though because you should get Thrash Blade at level 45 asap.

Why should someone go human? You can clear the classic content with 20 green geared level 55 players, no need to minmax racials for PvE. Everyone with a bit of self respect will choose racials for PvP.

@Thread: Take the main hand with the highest damage because it scales your Snister Strike. Doesn’t have to be a sword - sword proc for main hand is marginal and off hand sword procs will trigger the attack with your mainhand. For the offhand chose a fast sword because of more poison and sword spec procs.

*fast sword… u want fast offhand for more poison procs as mentioned above^^ but i think u just miss typed it ^^

Ah sure, thanks for pointing it out. Fixed now :smiley:

Some can. But you can’t. It’s nice to have some extra dps.

Fast offhand, slow main hand (if they’re the same speed equip the hardest hitting one in main hand for more SS damage) for best SS damage and increased poison procs.
You’ll deal more SS damage with the mace in main hand but if you’re running Combat then use the sword for sword spec procs.
Dagger is only really better over sword in PvP (since front-stabbing isn’t a thing in Classic) and even then you’ll need a lot of crit and to spec into improved ambush and maybe improved backstab (if you don’t want to get cold blood) to really make it worth it.

Use the highest DPS weapon you own or can find, regardless of whether it’s a sword or not. Specs don’t come into play until endgame, really. You use the best that you have until then, whatever it may be; dagger, sword, or mace.

Im level 36, I got 2 hyptnotic blade, I was using sword combat build and it was cool, leveling was easy and stuff. I got bored of it very quickly and at 36 level I’ve changed to dagger combat build. Gotta say dagger build is hella fun and strong. Questing is also easy now. Its probably hard to do quests with daggers till you get poisons then you are good to go.

Just to heads up that if anyone want to play with daggers.

Getting 750 crit damage with ambush is fun :stuck_out_tongue: and of course with huge damage backstab.

Also toping charts even in aoe dungeons. I do SM library with mage and warlock and I still top charts as rogue. Blade flurry is great with daggers + s&d, you hit so fast but you get the aggro of the 2 mobs no matter what =8

But of course sword spec is also amazing, but i don’t think there is a huge difference. So if you want to go daggers just do it. Amazing at pvp as well.

Exactly. This is why you go horde.

There is a lot of AP on the Vanquisher’s Sword (look up weapon normalization).

Mace MH, Vanquisher’s Sword OH and your Sinister Strikes will hit the hardest (VS will also proc sword spec and your MH will be used for the extra attack).

The combo Vanquisher’s Sword + Sword of Serenity if you want to benefit the most from sword spec.

Vanquisher’s Sword MH, Hypnotic Blade offhand for fast poison procs (VS will hit harder than the mace in this scenario bc of the attack power formula).

https://wowwiki.fandom .com/wiki/Normalization

That’s what I’m doing right now actually. I hit hard, yes true. But sometimes I feel as if my attacks are very slow. But when I hit (crit) it’s pretty high.

1 Like

As you are combat sword spec, 100% use the swords. Sword spec (extra swing) is insanely good and out weighs everything else.

1 Like

I agree with Stealthie.
VS + Serenity would have been my choice from your list, too. I forgot to add my recommendation.

You should just try it out and pick what suits you and your playstyle best :slight_smile:

The thing is, I did. And although going all swords is definately faster, I still feel that having the mace in MH and Vanquisher OH deals more overall damage.

But I’m not sure …

It is definitely the hardest hitting combo.
But I think on paper the average is pretty much the same.

Double sword with sword spec can get quite bursty at times.
Just play the one you prefer.

1 Like

This was theory crafted a lot back in the day and sword/sword is more damage your missing all of your mh sword procs and just the oh is something like 38% proc rate compared to mh. You might mix weps during levelling if there is a large dps difference say you have a very high dps dagger oh and a low dps sword oh at the same speed but make no mistake when it comes to raiding you need to be sword/sword

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.