Help with crazy for cats/crazy cat lady achievement?

Thanks so much for the guides!! The writeup on the pets was also super helpful- just wanted to update you that I’ve just finished Taming the World and gotten my safari hat!! There was only one trainer halfway through where I had to reset the fight like 5 or 6 times but besides that I managed all of them in one or two tries! now I’m gonna try to get Pro Pet Group … I’ll see how that goes and just take it slow :sweat_smile:

Congratulations! That was fast!

I started work on your wild pet collection list, but had to leave it for a while. It’ll be up soon.

A tip for Pro Pet Group - it’s very fast if you capture pets near level 25. I suggest a P/P breed Emperor Crab to start, since they’re not hard to find and you will want one soon anyhow. https://www.wowhead.com/npc=65203/emperor-crab#comments

The Idol is a superstar in Pandaria, and with almost the Idol alone, you can fins a strat to level pets there.

1 Like

OK, I have your first wild shopping list here: Guide: Your First Safaris

I’m goggle-eyed after that, probably omitted several important species and made typos, but I’ll come back and re-read it later.

1 Like

It’s all looking wonderful and I’m making a lot of progress, thanks so much!! I came here to ask for advice on which pandaren spirit pet to get but I see you were already one step ahead of me hahah! I’ll be getting the water one for now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That is AMAZING progress!

I have just realised that this Saturday is the highest of the High Holy Days in the Pet Calendar - SuperSquirt Day!

On SuperSquirt Day, you can level somewhere betwen 10 and 16 pets from 1 to 25 per hour, depending how your brain and fingers hold out, Yes, you can level hundreds of pets in a session of a few hours.

If you can schedule a few hours on Saturday, I think we can get you a crazy boost to having a lot of what you will need for the Celestial Tournament! (You can get Xu-Fu for your first victory there.)

(Still working on the next instalments of the guides.)

1 Like

Just a couple of thoughts while I vacillate over my roster advice and procrastinate about breeds.

You could use a few good Blues. You nearly have a team that can beat most BfA World Quests. I posted a generic method to beat all but one of them with Ikky, Anklerender and Iron Starlette.

Ikky: Black Claw → Flock (-> Savage Talon if the first opponent pet is still alive).
If the first opponent pet dies during Flock, you have a choice of applying Black Claw or Flock to the second opponent before you die.

Zandalari Anklerender / Kneebiter / Footslasher: Black Claw → Hunting Party → Leap.
If Ikky already applied Black Claw, you don’t need to apply it again. If Ikky already applied Shattered Defenses from Flock, you might want to take advantage of that with Leap before you start your run. Depends. Ideally get a P/P or P/B breed.

Starlette: Wind-Up → Supercharge → Wind-Up.
If there is a barrier like Bubble or an avoidance move coming, do
Wind-Up → Powerball (however many times) → Supercharge → Wind-Up.
Finish up if necessary with Wind-Up → Wind-Up or Powerballs.

Not all battles will necessarily use this exact formula, but that’s the default.

There is some unavoidable RNG. If one of the Shark Blood in the Water crits, for example, or your Starlette misses its big Wind-Up in a Sandstorm, you’ll probably have to start again, but otherwise it goes very smoothly.

The one BfA battle this didn’t work for was Rogue Azerite. it almost worked, but you would need another pet to replace the Starlette.

I’m pretty sure you could use the same general method with a third pet to score some Charms to get Blue Stones.

Week 3 of the Celestial Tournament is up this week, with Sully “The Pickle” McLeary, Dr. Ion Goldbloom and Lorewalker Cho, and they will be available through Tuesday. Whether you do it this week or next, you will also have to face the same four Celestials. Xu-Fu’s page here will help you plan https://www.wow-petguide.com/Section/8/The_Celestial_Tournament

Postscript: You should be able to do Gorgemouth WQ in Maldraxxus today for 20 Charms with
Valk: Curse of Doom → Haunt
Ikky: Black Claw → Flock
Chrominius Surge of Power

Nearly all the big single-boss pets will go dowm to CoD, Haunt, a Bleed, a Stampede, and a Nuke like this. The same thing will work on Scorch/Ashes Will Fall in Revendreth today. You might have to try a second time because of bad RNG, but you can get them.

You can use Lil Bling with Make it Rain, Shield, Inflation in much the same way as Ikky. Also Anklerender.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice on the charms and the kind words- I’m really going wild on the progress as everything is not as difficult as I thought it would be by far, especially with the double xp- I’ve now levelled 15 pets to 25 through a few rotations of most of the pandaria tamers (I love pandaria so this was my preferred place to hang out and level!) and I have my whole squad ready to beat week 1 of the celestial tournament which means I’ll have to wait another week- the only things I still need are two critter stones to upgrade my rabbit & rapana whelk to rare, so I have another week to try to get those. Then once the time comes I’ll figure out if I actually have enough pets, since many teams require a random 3rd pet and I’m not sure if I’ll have enough, but we’ll see by then!

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot you don’t have Shadowlands WQ unlocked yet. Keep a close eye on BfA World Quests. Soon - maybe today or tomorrow - a WQ will appear offering Charms. You have what is necessary to do it. It might take a few tries, but you can. Rogue Azerite and Captured Evil are the only two that might give you trouble, and even those are do-able.

With those Charms, buy https://www.wowhead.com/item=98715/marked-flawless-battle-stone and you’re good.

I’d like a word about SuperSquirt Day is you are ingame?

I just recently got Shadowlands so I’m not quite there yet I think yeah- I also don’t really understand a lot about WQ, it took me forever to understand how the legion wq’s work and how to find them, but I did in the end get in a few battles with Tiffany Nelson.

And yeah I can’t beat every single team yet but I’ll try to keep an eye on it!! I also already have 19 shiny pet charms- this would mean I’m able to buy one battle-stone right?

And yes I’m in-game rn!

The Squirt strat for those two pets is

I used to use that myself. It’s solid.

Apart from the list of pets I suggested taming in my other thread, you can pick up an Iron Starlette by going to Blasted Lands and doing a couple of low-level quests starting here: https://www.wowhead.com/quest=35460/attack-of-the-iron-horde if you can’t find one with a good breed (P/P or H/H) cheap on your AH.

What else? Anomalous is grotesquely overpowered right now, and tends to be dirt cheap on the AH. And ofc Raiding WIth Leaches 2, 3, 4 and 5 are available.

Only Poliched Charms can buy Stones, but I’m sure there will be one soon. Just keep an eye on the Kul Tiras and Zandalar maps, and/or here:

Ask again if you have anything!

1 Like

I was just checking out your roster and noticed that your Rabbit is an inferior breed; it’s an S/B instead of an S/S. An S/B Rabbit tops out at 322 speed instead of 357. It can be used effectively against opponents below 322 speed, but there are a LOT of 325s around, and then 333s, 341s, and against those it will be roadkill.

So do have a look for an S/S of a rabbit species that has a speed of 357.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, I found an uncommon S/S dust bunny that I think I should be able to upgrade into a rare and then it will fit those stats?

I had some real life stuff happen over the weekend so I haven’t made a lot of progress and was unfortunately only able to level a few pets through Squirt that I had set up beforehand, but still thanks a bunch for lending me your pets!! Let me know when you would like to meet up so I can give them back!

Yes, both of your Dust Bunnies are S/S breed with a maz speed of 357, and will do for this purpose. If you left-click on a pet in Rematch, a card comes up showing info about it. If you then hover over the “Possible Breeds” line, you will see the stats for all breds when the pet is a Blue 25. That’s how you check these things handily in-game.

Real Life is annoying, but we really can’t allow it to interfere with pets! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, SuperSquirt is over. Next SuperSquirt is October, but there will be a regular Squirt again in 2 weeks. You didn’t get much out of this SuperSquirt, so keep the pets as a consolation. The MPD in particular will come in handy.

OK, so what are your nxt options?

Now that you have opened Pandaria, you can level a couple of pets there every day - three times as many for the rest of this week. You can also look at doing the Draenor tamers for dailies. You can do Ashlei and Vesharr with excellent strats with the MPD and Chrominius. I’m pretty sure that the Mechanical Axebeak and Lil Bling will take care of Gargra; just swap in your level pet after the first one dies, and instantly swap it out again.

You could enter the Celestial Tournament. I don’t think you will get through it now, but it doesn’t hurt to see it. You MAY be able to cheat it a bit as follows: log out, INSTANTLY log in on an alt that has a few bandages, bandage and INSTANTLY log back in to the Tournament. This didn’t work for the CT long ago, but I’ve seen it work in pet dungeons, so I suspect the devs opened this backdoor to make things easier.

You could continue your hunt for wild pets, prioritising those from my post.

You can definitely start working on the BfA World Quests to get some Charms for Blue Stones. Really, most BfA battles fall to brute forve and ignorance. I described a generic method above - play with it a bit. You may not have the pets for optimum strategies, but you have enough to do a lot of them comfortably and struggle through the rest. Remember, nearly all big single-pet bosses fall to Valk: Curse of Doom-Haunt followed by Ikky: Black Claw->Flock.

A P/P or H/H Iron Starlette is still worth chasing.

As always, any other questions, just ask!

P.S. I see you hit 60. Congratulations!

1 Like

Alright thanks for answering my questions about the Dust Bunnies!! I’ve gotten used to the other addons but rematch is still a bit hard for me to navigate for some reason so it’s good to know that’s how it works!

And thanks a bunch for allowing me to keep them!! It is indeed super helpful to have a good mechanical pet, there were a few pandaria tamers I couldn’t even do any two pet strats with so I’ll see if I have enough to be able to do them now!

I’ll keep levelling in pandaria and keeping an eye on BfA worldquests… although I don’t really understand those completely either, if I go on the wowhead map you linked I don’t see that any of the quests reward polished pet charms- do all of them do and it just doesn’t show or how does it work? Right now I was looking at this comment that shows how to get 40 charms from different alliance treasures and bosses and gathering those up which should give me a bit of a head start!

I think when the right week of the Celestial Tournament start I will definitely check it out, even if just to see what it’s like and how everything even goes!

I did get a P/P Iron Starlette earlier today!! and an Anomalus. So for now what I’m gonna do is find the charms to upgrade both my critters to rare and level the few random pets that I still have laying around and then try to hit the Celestial Tournament when it gets around. I’m excited!! And thanks a lot, I actually hit 60 from a random pet battle against a rabbit in the mountains somewhere so that was quite amusing :smiley:

1 Like

Take the Wowhead maps as just indicative. ALways check with the maps in game.

Right now I don’t see any interesting rewards in BfA either. Those will be RNG as to what reward is available. There will be some. Once you join a Covenant, you will also see WQ in Shadowlands as well, but they are notably tougher. While you can throw pretty near anything at most BfA WQ, you do want a careful choice of team in most Shadowlands quests.

I’ve noticed that Charm days tend to come in waves - two of three days with maybe only one Charm quest, and then a day with several together. That’s how it goes.

Nice work on the Starlette and Anomalus. Prioritise those.

Have fun in the CelestialTournament. It’s a nice experience, just to be there and try it. And if you’re not going in expecting to one-shot everything, you won’t get frustrated.

You beat three tamers, who rotate week to week. Those are the hard bit. Then you have to fight the same four Celestials every week.

2 Likes

Do you know exactly when the Celestial Tournament line-up changes? I thought it was on Tuesday but it hasn’t happened yet, is it maybe with the realm reset on Wednesday? I’ve scoured the entire internet looking for this but I can’t seem to find it somehow.

I’ve used the charms from the random treasures to buy two battle-stones so now my entire team is rares unless I use my emerald proto-whelp as a third somewhere- I’m super curious how it’s gonna go, I’m for sure not expecting anything which I think is the right mindset!

Reset will be the weeky general reset Wednesday morning, so about 12 hours from now.

1 Like

I can’t send pictures but https://imgur.com/a/6WzTSeU

!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

In case you are distrustful of a random imgur link I will provide an image description. The setting is the Celestial Tournament. Master Li’s feet and Xu-Fu can be seen in the background. In the foreground is the battle pet Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen with the title <Romej’s Companion>. Romej the Crazy Cat Lady is seen next to Xu-Fu in a state of cheer.

I can’t believe I did it first try!!! I think it was about a month or less from me knowing absolutely nothing about pets and having had this Crazy for Cats achievement pinned for forever, thinking I was never gonna get it, to actually getting it!!! Thanks so much again for all the help Gráinne, I couldn’t have done it without you! :smiley: I will also for sure be back to the Celestial Tournament to get the little dragon, and I’m gonna do the questline in Pandaria that rewards you with the Red Panda. Besides that I’m not sure what my pet journey will consist of in the future yet, but I’m so so so excited!!!

2 Likes

That’s AMAZING!

There is plenty more that you can do, but you’re past the point where you will meet any roadblocks. You now know all the resources, and basic paths and mechanics, and have a very solid early roster of pets, which you can build on to achieve anything in the game. :+1:

You can gather more pets towards the Zookeeper title, or crawl through the dungeons to ermerge a Minion of Mayhem, or even PvP battle other players to become a Trainer.

If you have any questions, you can of course post here, or join one of the pet Discords:

Xu-Fu’s:

Warcraft Pets:

Pet battliers and collectors, as a group, are the friendliest and most helpful in WoW, and always DELIGHTED to offer opinons. :stuck_out_tongue:

Take a beat to get your breath - you zoomed into that fast; this thread isn’t two weeks old yet - and then find what you enjoy. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yay! Congratulations, Romej! We never doubted you for a second.

And thank you so much Gráinne for being an amazing guide and a true hero. This whole thread is just a heartwarming read :heart:

2 Likes