Help with deleting the account

I have an issue with addiction over the past 4 months and Dragonflight.

I tried deleting my account but it takes too long, 30 days I just cancel the request and start the cycle again.

I tried “being strong” and just not playing but this is an impossibility for me.

I deleted my characters, but I can just restore them, deleted gear I just farm again…

I’m looking into account selling as a desperate way to get out, but I’m afraid I can restore it.

Looking into cheats and hacks now; maybe someone her can read this and help me figure this out?

5 Likes

As a person who suffers my own mental health issues, I suggest you talk to a professional about this.
It is a REAL problem, so please do not just sweep it under the carpet.

If you feel like your mind is forcing you to do things you don’t want to do, or to a harmful degree, always seek help, please.
At least try.
Also ask friends/family/anyone you think you could talk to.

6 Likes

Go to the account page and the change password section.

Close your eyes when typing in the new password and just go for gold on the keyboard then click to accept the change and log out of your account everywhere.

You now do not know your password so cannot log in.

Then do as the person above says and seek out some professional help in the real world to deal with your addiction problems because if it isn’t wow it will become something else that could be far more harmful.

Good luck with your future.

1 Like

“But I don’t wanna…” sounds like an immature response. Man up and take it seriously. It’s going to require commitment and willpower, not some magic wand.

If you’re a person that can easily get addicted to stuff you need a toolbox to help you cope, thats what “professional help” gives you.
Otherwise you’ll do something drastic or stupid on wow, kick that habit through neccessity and replace it with another and start the cycle again.

Theres no shame in this, on the contrary, its brave and responsible. If you hurt your arm, you’d go to the doctor. If your brain needs a bit of TLC, why not give it the same courtesy?

1 Like

I installed and uninstall the game 3 times today. Setting my own boundaries doesn’t work. I need to get banned.

1 Like

Getting over addiction in anything requires will power, whether it is a substance, a game or gambling.

You asked for help and I gave you some advice, it is now in your hands because no one on this forum can stand over you and force you to make the change that it is needed in your life that you are asking for.

Do the Insane title grind. that’ll do it for you…

4 Likes

You do not need to get banned, getting banned does not solve the core issue.
You need to be responsible and take care of your addiction; even if it is just for ONE thing: Talk to a professional.

1 Like

Basic self-help approach to addiction: Don’t feed the underlying issue through symptom management, meaning don’t wrestle with the problem through willpower. It’s like cigarette warning labels - reverse psychology. They stress the smoker even more, thereby feeding the craving.
Don’t let society implant some kind of performance-for-self-worth mentality. Appreciate the nourishing value of not doing anything. Maybe your addiction has to do with a compulsion to do something, and gaming is the most accessible thing. Instead, practice gentle defiance by cherishing the crucial value of non-doing. It’s not laziness, but sanity. :yin_yang: (Meditation is a keyword, but it doesn’t have to be that formal. Slacking and dozing can amount to being a form of meditation, too. Or just a practice for inducing a portion of sleep state into your waking state, thereby lowering your basic stress level.)

There seems to be a lack of awareness of just how troubled society is.
Getting the help you need tends to be a luxury.
There will be prioritizing based on severity.
For each person with gaming addiction there are probably two with suicidal thoughts in treatment, and ten more waiting in a queue.
It seems to be a cynical irony where if you are not an emergency and manage to find help, you don’t have a serious problem because you actually managed to wrestle your way to getting help, so you are quite successful at life.

And BTW, I am describing the situation not particularly during Covid. It has been bad before. But of course much worse afterwards, and now the grand fear scheme has been replaced by the next phase.

1 Like

Please do not try lecture me on severity or hardship of getting help…

I suffer a-typical autism, treatment resistant depression for 20+ years, anxiety and panic attacks, nerve pain and migrains.
I know.

Sticking his head in the sand and not realising he will just push this issue on something else is worse, tho, than even ATTEMPTING to seek help.
There are free help lines and sources online.

2 Likes

That which resists treatment wants healing.
And when the standard help doesn’t work, it is an incentive to examine alternatives and thereby learn a lot about society, psychology, oneself etc…
Just as one potential pattern-breaker: Have you experimented with fasting? Generally thoroughly examined possible negative influences from diet?

How much have you learned about the difficulties haunting you? About the causes?

1 Like

You seriously trying to lecture someone who has had struggles for 20+ years AND sought treatment for it?
I’ve tried about everything…

Thank you but, please focus on telling the OP to actually solve his own issue and NOT just ignore it or blame it elsewhere.
I am trying to solve mine, and I have been for 20+ years.
I can tell death makes it worse and I have experienced a lot of that in my life, loosing my father etc.
I’m not going to go too personal here, but; Im the wrong person to give suggestions to when it comes to “tries”.

My only solution I have come up with is continue living for my cats and my BF, and that’s it.
Pain is what I deal with daily, sleep to avoid it when insomnia allows through medication.

2 Likes

:hook: :question: :fish:

3 Likes

Isn’t it both appalling and intriguing that the whole of society so to speak is unable to help you resolve the problem? Then it’s like a responsibility pushed onto us to seek, shed light on and open up a better way.
You know, while I cannot claim much personal success with certain approaches, there are those that work for some people when nothing else worked, and they do because they profoundly break with the approach taken in the whole process of trying, the conforming to the energy patterns, so to speak, that are everywhere. But that is usually when resistance comes up because a mind is still not ready to transcend, to give up into a healthier approach.
It’s often like those mind puzzles that are laughably simple to solve but the more you try to solve it, the deeper you drive yourself into blindness of that fact and move away from the solution.

I can give you a pointer to something that I would wager you haven’t explored yet.

Oh, BTW, don’t discard the idea that some things might sink in and make a positive difference without you even realizing, because you don’t know alternative lines of causality but only the one you are in. Sometimes it helps to not be goal-oriented but just do what is healthy and learn about the foundations of health. It will go into spiritual philosophy.

1 Like

So far I have not heard anything I have not tried yet. But thank you anyway.

It is (well, was) a German guy, but there is some material in English, and the teachings have some ponderworthy elements, too.

Check out Bruno Gröning Circle of Friends.

Bruno Gröning was someone who could invoke well-documented miraculous healings that puzzled the medical establishment, and for that was persecuted even by the alternative healing practitioner lobby, and was ultimately basically sued to death, but that didn’t quite end the benefits of interacting with his teachings.
Some key points from his lectures:

• “I don’t know much, but I do know what many have forgotten.”
  • ‘I do not heal. I am merely a conduit.’
  • ‘Don’t tell me about your illness. I don’t want to know anything about it.’
  • It is not YOUR illness. It is AN illness that has entered you and doesn’t belong to you as you are meant to be - healthy and happy.
  • Don’t try. … Make a resolute decision.

Yeah, quite radical. Exactly what we need when the crap hits the fan and nothing is working anymore. - “Paradigm shift” is a ‘buzzword’ that somewhat describes the phenomenon.

1 Like

lol didn’t do it for me I was super happy and elated once it was doen. I was on a high.

1 Like

Fleeting, external things. Is there something in the activity that transcends that?
If WoW is suddenly terminated, what remains of it that you can benefit from? That is what matters. Anything that can get switched off doesn’t.
Derive wisdom from that for how to shape your path in life.

External power is borrowed. Internal power is your true lifeline. We are not isolated from the world, but imbalances can occur, especially when external power so often/typically comes with deliberate allure.

1 Like

Please don’t give unsolicited advice out to people. OP asked for it, not that other person. You don’t know the ins and outs of their life and struggles, you don’t have all the answers. It’s extremely rude to assume you do and before anyone tells me to not defend someone for the same reason, I say it because I am in the same boat and sick of hearing it too.

5 Likes

Náia engaged in my informative commentary for further details. That is an encouragement of discussion.
Be careful with judgments about rudeness, because it can be highly subjective. I could claim you are attempting interference, speaking for someone else, whiteknighting, blocking empathic actions. Ponder that.
Do you not want help anymore? Have you settled with the suffering?

Also silly to claim one should not help if they don’t have all the answers. Quite detached from reality.

If you can ponder all these things and gain wisdom from them, that is a radical path towards healing.

We also have a kind of responsibility to be healthy so that we don’t transmit our illness into the world and perpetuate the suffering. - That is only possible through free, open exchange of ideas.

1 Like