Hey Blizzard, PvP is completely dead

We’re now in the 3rd season of BfA and PvP is completely dead. We have about 25% of the players left from BfA S1 and it’s getting worse every day. 3v3 is completely dead on higher ratings and you can only que 2v2 at certain times of the day. RBGs? Completely died out.
Random BGs, what’s the point? There are no rewards.

This is caused by multiple factors, I will briefly list some here:

• Boring and straight forward class design
  • Lack of pvp rewards, no cool cosmetics like in other expansions
  • Lack of pvp vendors and pvp gear, causing gear > skill and making it almost impossible to play alts
  • The best gear for pvp now coming from pve
    and endless neck/essences grind

So, what are you guys going to do? Are you going to give us back the things we’ve been asking for for 4 years or instead just let it die out completely?

Also, Classic doesn’t really have to do anything with it since it was already dead before classic launched, so don’t blame it on that.

39 Likes

Totally agree.

I’m one of those that doesn’t PvP anymore.

It’s just dull since the changes through WoD to now.

Take the whole system back to where it was in MoP - Vendors, resil/Power gear, class design etc and I’ll dive right back in head first!
I speak for a bunch of my pals too.

10 Likes

My current problem with pvp is that because the population is so dead to actually reach the rankings is harder. What was 2.4 in s1 its like 2.1 this season or so it feels for me…

2 Likes

Yep.PvP got butchered with each expansion and finally gave in and died in BfA , it’s just…simply boring now due to how it plays out with the classes and mechanics, and now being totally forced to PvE to do PvP just killed it further.

I was getting burned out to even bother in latest expansions with PvP due to their terrible management , BfA hit the finale nail to that coffin for me.

6 Likes

I played arena for Black Warsaber previous season but now the rewards are a trash looking PvP set and a trash looking mount, no thanks dude.

Besides I don’t have PvE gear required to PvP. I will be 1800-1900 at best if I play again.

1 Like

PVE players are forced to PVP for essences, don’t worry, conflict and strife and blood of the enemy is needed to do higher keys, for optimal dps, for many classes. Farming 50k honor per alt, that’s far worse than getting to 440 eq. I can do 440 eq in a week or two, while having fun doing m+. You can’t say the same about battlegrounds. I was getting 1 essence per week until i got to 1,900. Demanding from PVE players to do arena to that level is ludicrous.

2 Likes

thats essences in general, most essences come from pve content. so its the same for pvp people having to do essences. ALL essences are a pain in the rear to get when you play more than one char

Essences might have worked if they were a thing from the start, but the simply got added way too late into the expansion. And i hope next expansion they will go away with azerite/artifact power and never return

7 Likes

Wow you need to essences which you get 100%

Pvp player need essences / azerit / and gear from pve

And not any gear , the gear with special effects. I didn’t get the tank spear on my dk at all. Even so I was running it 2 times every week

2 Likes

See? How you are crying because you have to go through PvP even though you are into PvE, and it has been only a month or so since 8.2 right.

1 Like

PvE gear shouldn’t be a thing in PvP.

At all.

16 Likes

PvP is not dead… It’s broken.

And we have the PvE gear, essences and trinkets to thank for that.

3 Likes

It is pretty dead tbh

… because it’s broken

13 Likes

Yes I agree 100%. rank one teams stitting arround 2400 - 2700 playing only very few games weekly.
If they play at all.

Inflation and rating progress is almost non existent since literally nobody is playing at all.

2 v 2 is a bit better and actually way more fun… this alone is a really bad sign

For me this was the straw that broke the camels back. I’m out of this game.

Hope they redeem themselves at some point…

3 Likes

They can’t make it worse than BfA. I’ve been saying this since WoD but I’m actually convinced this time that there is absolutely no way to make it worse than BfA

9 Likes

Remove pvp weekly reward

Balance only once a season

RMX tier 1 comp

Remove special mounts

Elite gear to 1.6

New enchant is a copy of a old pve enchant

The possibilities are endless

3 Likes

They could make cosmetic rewards look worse, could they ? :smile:

1 Like

BFA is worse than WoD.
What made WoD bad was the content daught and Garrison Isolation, the PvP was good though

3 Likes

Hold Ion’s beer…

13 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing::scream::scream:

5 Likes