Hi all :) need some help

Im new to the server and rp and im looking for a guild to make some friends :slight_smile: bit worried about my choice because people ive met seem really nice but trade chat isnt active at all.

3 Likes

I donā€™t have too much experience ā€œon this sideā€, but even on Alliance characters I have noticed Hand of the Titans, and Wayward Vagrants to be nice and friendly :slight_smile:

REAL Horde roleplayers can probably give a better answer :slight_smile:

As for trade chat, I find myself leaving it on many of my characters, as its content seems very RP-irrelevant to me :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure how active the Hordeā€™s (/join) RPSocial and RPnetwork (chat channels) are, but LookingForRP on Alliance side sees some activityā€¦

If you search this forum for LookingForRP, there should be an invite link to the LookingForRP BattleTag community, where you can chat regardless of faction, realm, and character.

5 Likes

thanks alot :slight_smile: yeah im super new to rp but wanted to give it ago. so far ive met a few nice people on moonglade but also met a couple saying to not bother on the server which kinda worries me.

3 Likes

I suppose if you want to experience a world chock-full of RPers, I suppose you should go to Argent Dawn or something :slight_smile:

However, while the quantity of RPers on ā€œThe Shaā€™glade Cartelā€ isnā€™t high compared to Argent Dawn, I find the RPers here (on Shaā€™glade Cartel) very nice and inclusive. Guilds run events, some cooperate with other guilds, some host open-for-all events, some run faction neutral events.

Iā€™d say weā€™re not the New York of RP, but a cozy town :slight_smile:

As with everything thatā€™s bigger, Argent Dawn has more of everything, bad and good. Or so I hear, Iā€™ve never bothered trying (my multiprocessing ability struggles if thereā€™s more than 5 players interacting:)

My guess is, whoever told you to not bother, is someone who prefers the New York RP :wink:

ā€¦Or someone who hasnā€™t experienced the brilliance of The Shaā€™glade Cartel in all its tiny, but radiant glory :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yea i dont want loads of people ive read some posts on the forums and love how close knit and friendly everyone seems. the person who said not to bother just really said moonglade was dead tbh.

4 Likes

Compared to Argent Dawn, perhaps :slight_smile:

The RP chat channels and BattleTag community makes it easier to find RP even though our community is way smaller than Argent Dawn :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thanks so much think ill stay on mg :slight_smile: you all seem like lovely people

4 Likes

I have been summoned! (Thanks for the shout-out, Mordash. :D)

The Hand is always recruiting roleplayers, both experienced and completely new! We would be happy to show you the ropes of RPing because itā€™s an awesome and creative hobby. We have a big pool of active users and regularly run both DMā€™d events and spontaneous social RP. Here is our recruitment thread if you want to learn more about who we are and what we do!

Other currently active Horde guilds are the Convocation of Elrendar and the Beastmaw Warband. (Also the Coven and the Vigil, but Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™re active at the moment.) If you want to give Alliance RP a try, I will very unsurprisingly recommend the Botany Band for chill plant-related activities. :relaxed:

Thaaaaat saidā€¦

It would definitely be disingenuous to try and paint Shaā€™glade Cartel as a bustling walk-up RP central. As an expat myself I can firmly state that the dynamics between the servers are completely different. If I had to draw an adequate comparison, Iā€™d say that AD is a metropolis while SGC is a sleepy little village in the hills. This can be a blessing or a curse, depending on your expectations. If what you want from RP is to be able to enter an inn at any given hour and find spontaneous RP, SGC is definitely not going to satisfy that need. RP here is generally very guild-centric. You also donā€™t find the kind of variety that AD offers.

For me, personally, SGC is a dream come true. Itā€™s very relaxed, itā€™s not crowded (important for a person who finds it difficult to focus, like yours truly), and the smaller player pool naturally results in a much more tight-knit community. I also feel itā€™s a much better learning environment for a beginner roleplayer, purely because with less people around a new player is generally able to receive much more attention. Itā€™s also much easier to keep up with RP, which can definitely be hard in the beginning.

While SGC might seem ā€˜deadā€™ to an ADer, itā€™s actually far from deadā€“my guild for example tends to have planned events several times a week (weā€™re currently in new-patch phase, so normal event schedule will return once the DMs had the chance to play through the 8.2 zones and plan some storylines :wink: ), but if you wish you can easily find yourself roleplaying every single day, as long as you announce it in guild chat.

In the end itā€™s a matter of what works best for you. If youā€™re happy with a small close-knit community, SGC is definitely a sweet little corner of the Internet. Itā€™s been my virtual forever home, and Iā€™m grateful I found it.

Whatever you choose, I hope you find much joy in RP. :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks for the promo, Mor :smiley:

Trade chat is pretty* much KOā€™d but thereā€™s RPsocial, but that typically isnā€™t really bustling with spontaneous server RP.

As Linaria said, a lot of it is guild focused BUT there are some amazing guild collaborations and server wide events currently ongoing and all of the active guilds I know of on the server offer plenty of support and advice to roleplayers, new or old.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.