Hide weapons from classes that do not use them

That title.

Basically casters who really have no use for their weapons other than stats. Especially since only thing they are used for is wet noodle (;D) autoattack which can just as well use fists since that would make more sense with the damage.

Anyways. I dont like to carry that flagpole in the back just because it might look cool. If someone want to carry, let them, but the casters would look much better to me if those weapons could be hidden. At least staves since daggers and such can also be carried with casters to collect reagents for various uses but the staff. I especially dont like it on this character as that staff is so large on humans.

By the way. Thanks for being finally able to also hide gloves, boots and bracers. Much apreciated Blizzfolks :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s a very weird thing, when considered. In fantasy, wizards typically use their staves as walking sticks. Because traditionally, wizards were old, so it made sense.

But the staff itself was often magical! So it became a staple for mages and wizards, regardless of age, to have a walking stick. Then the fantasy came to the digital roleplaying game. Early on, in 2D games, staves were still used in a sensible manner. But then the third person 3D roleplaying games came along with limited animations. Where do you put the staff when it’s not being used in an animation? Well, Warriors sheathe their weapons on their backs so… yeah, let’s put it there I guess!

And this staple permeates the RPG genre these days and it still doesn’t make any sense. So… yeah, either let us hide them or incorporate them into the animations! :smiley:

2 Likes

Indeed. I remember some very old 2d AD&D game where Raistlin used to have his staff as walking stick at least and i think it was also used in combat. Baldursgate and such if memory serves, had them still as walking sticks.

In modern games, i think basically ESO and GW2 of what i have played, really use staff for magick. GW2 has nice idle walking animation for staves too where the character still jold the staff in his/her hand and it rests on the shouklder. Very good animation there. ESO also has the walking stick animation on prophet, but oddly enough it is not used on player walking animation which frustrates me quite a bit. It is on the back when not used -.-

WOW in the other hand, has no use for the staff as far as i know of… Anything than autoattack and melee classes had some too, but have not played them much so i dont know how they do know.

I just want to hide the staff as it looks silly when it just floats on the back. Dagger and off-hand at least are kept in reasonable places when sheathed but sometimes you just have to use staff for stats.

2 Likes

I am an odd one here.

I prefer that staves show, and I prefer that we do not channel magic through them, as suggested by people before.

For some reason casters without staves look like weak casters to me. I can’t stand maces and daggers and whatever one handed weapons we sometimes carry either. It has to be a staff there.

2 Likes

I used to love that staff on my back until new models and animations. I always preferred a caster who channels magick through his/her hands over using staff to do that but i also like the staff animations on other games.

The last couple of years though, i have grown to dislike that thing on my back more and more and with these great animations it really looks great not to have it there (For me, this should be personal preference thing).

In ESO where staff is used to channel mahick, i do love the animations but i have always played caster with no weapons on TES games.

Monks have ‘invisible’ weapons mog - and I guess it is because how monk animations work. But sometimes I ponder if this could be also implemented to some casters…

As resto and boomkin it has to be mogged to legion artefact skins if i have MH/OH.

1 Like

I thought I am only odd druid who does that. I mog staves into all sort of cool staves, but everything that is not a staff gets artefact looks.

1 Like

It’s because you can only mog MH+OH combos to your artifact staves, and no othr staves. Just try :smiley: .

But yeah, I never show MH+OH combos. Hate it. Robes and staves are the way to go as any caster in my opinion. Don’t care what others do, but that’s what feels right to me.

I dont like having staff on my shammy, for me that feels wrong, i want one hander and shield. I wish i could mog my staff into mace and shield instead :blush: but for my druid staff is the way to go!

2 Likes

Most days i love getting my hands on a nice staff and having it on my back .
But shaman has to be a one hander and shield .

1 Like

Well, that is true. Shaman and paladins need their shield.

1 Like

With druid i always equip some 1-h so i can mog it to that sickle looking weapon. Ypu know for druid stuff like gathering herbs and such.

But i dont like using staves anymore at all on mage, lock or pries. I even take worse stats if i can just get rid of that pole in my back.

For shaman i too, would like a weapon and shield, but i have to use dualwield. I so love playing my Shaman on classic now. So much more and class quests especially.

A hide weapon transmog would be nice to have for those that wants for RP or whatever :slight_smile:

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more… And since WoW mages/warlocks/etc use their hands instead of their “weapons” channels for those spells, I’d prefer it if we could hide the damn things if we wanted…

If you used your staff for walking about, it would make some sense, but as of now staves are just strapped to your back.

I used to imagine staff as some sort of “Magick amplifier device” or focus or such but it was just “Forced” imagination to workaround the fact that i have to carry that pole on my back.

Then again if it were to be focus type of thing from some books and stuff, it would be held on the left hand channeling that power to you and then you would manipulate the energy in you and let it out from the right hand. For me, that would also look quite nice but the staff should also be used as walking stick then.

Anyway. Just want to hide it as a caster.

1 Like

I’d rather have a hide weapon when out of combat option.

If you dont use X weapon in combat, why do you keep it ? Simple math.

Imagine warrior using his hands instead of swords coz of reasons.

Well throughout classic and TBC a lot of mobs used to disarm tank’s and so did nasty rogues too :stuck_out_tongue: so unarmed was areal thing

In fact many spells came from the staff of magius. Like light or some attack spell.
It would be nice if the animation included the staff as a spell launcher.

Shirak!

1 Like