High elf roleplay (problems)

Just be bald, dude.

3 Likes

I’ve had to start using tentacle hair to escape looking like everyone else.
Most of my helves had silvery or black hair anyway, so that part doesn’t bother me.

it’s actually a really clever bit of writing by Blizzard to tell you that the Void is inescapable…

2 Likes

Auuugghhhh I don’t want to go the Void!!!

3 Likes

At this point the void elves and blood elves, Highmountain tauren and Mulgore tauren, Lightforged draenei and normal draenei, mag’har and normal orcs, nightborne and night elves should all be sharing customisations. With only racials and a few things that make them unique.

(Highmountain horns for the Highmountain, Lightforged stuff for the Lightforged, green eyes and red hair for blood elves, brown skin for mag’har etc).

But we’ll never get that, because Blizzard hates allied race players).

1 Like

My Alisinya has the Belf blonde ponytail. Ingame I am forced to use the over the shoulder ponytail in purple and I hate it.

My solution is trp profile mention in the ooc section and art, impractical but it works:

1 Like

Horde elves are best elves, it is true

Trust me, you get used to it eventually. The fact you no longer have to have blue or purple skin is already a massive improvement.

Sheer stubbornness also goes a long way towards accepting the lacklustre hair options. I’ve learned to just picture my character as she is meant to be and no longer even see the dreadful in game options I have to work with. I just ignore the in game model.

I’d like to have the foxtail that belves have, instead I have to have the lesser version with a tendril in. It’s deeply depressing.
Same with the female short ponytail. Bleh. BLEH!

and the reduced hairline

1 Like

Don’t bring my reality into this!
(that’s a lie, my hair is full and perfect.)

But I like having long, flickable hair.
If you can’t move your hair with a ridiculous flourish, you’re not elfing correctly.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Blizz, in their infinite wisdom, have decided that cutting corners is more profitable short-term than adding meaningful long-term content everyone can enjoy. My pirate high elf girl uses one of the darker hair colours that I pretend is black.

Customization is forever a hill I will die on. GIVE OUR ALLIED RACES (Especially our Nightborne homies) THE LOVE WE WERE PROMISED BLIZZ. >:(

3 Likes

yeaH thiS iS reallY wherE iT wenT wronG I feeL

anythinG veerinG awaY froM voiD iS A baD ideA foR voiD elveS

Not really, it makes the race better as you have more options to choose from especially for RP purposes.

It is very rare i see Blizzard doing something for us roleplayers, and Shadowlands custimization showed that they cared (even in the slightest).

We got Wildhammer tattoos, Sand troll skin, Highborne Golden eyes, and High elf skins. All for roleplaying purposes. Besides lets not act like natural Void elves dont exist (cough cough Alleria). You also have a few Helves learning the Void in Telogrus

yeah but high elves

We didn’t get Blood elf arcane runes like the TBC cover guy and I am still very upset about that.

7 Likes

Because how dare Belves be even vaguely masculine.

YOU STILL HAVE THE CHIHUAHUA WORGEN APPEARANCE. :tired_face: :ok_hand:

The worst part is knowing how easy it is to implement. Heading over to various forums and Leddit (ugh), you can see how many people (fans) came together and just copy pasted customisations. Especially those with the same model (lf draenei, hm tauren etc).

It’s ridicilous that we even have this situation. We talk here about Blizzard. Not 3 guys in their basement making a game. We are talking about a massive company with an income in the year 2019 of $6.49 billion. 2020 it’s $8.1 billion.

Like are you serious? Where does all this money go?

Does it go to Bobby and his friends or what? They have the money to create probably thousands of customisations. Hire fans that created threads on Reddit for gods sake and let them do the work for you.

The customisations of this game are pathetic. There’s no excuse for it. Pathetic and stuck in the year 2009. And even back then there were MMORPGS with better customisations, so not even THAT standard. Looking at LOTRO with the great “dye everything” feature.

1 store mount… How many customisations could that be?.. Hm…

Private servers can chug the customisations out like nothing.

5 Likes

Do arcane runes make you look masculine?

3 Likes

Blame the Nightborne