High Elf RP on Argent Dawn?

Greetings, Argent Dawn!

To make this short and precise; is there an active community or guild consisting of High elf roleplayers on this realm? I’ve wanted to join one for a while now, and I’ve wanted to get more into serious RP as of late (Such as campaigns, a plot, etc) So I thought I’d reach out if there are any Guilds, communities or Discords out there!

Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

I asked Ion and he said that if you want the High Elves, the Horde is waiting for you.

5 Likes

Should probably have elaborated that I meant Alliance High elves specifically.

If you find a HE community please tell me, I want to join.

2 Likes

I don’t believe something like that exists. Maybe make some golden eyed blood elves and build a high elf community? If you build it they will come, and with the language potions it’s not much of a hassle to RP with Alliance races.

I seen some individuals and even a guild a while back, but don’t think there’s any firm community for it, but some individuals who RP them.
Perhaps you can form it.

I like that idea! I already have a Blood Elf Hunter who I haven’t RP’ed with yet, so perhaps I can make something out of that.
Thanks!

I don’t feel like I have enough RP experience to do that, not yet at least. But it’s something I’ll think about!

2 Likes

As far as I’m aware, high Elves characters are few and dispersed among Alliance guilds or solo, I don’t remember seeing any community. But eh, if stuff happens in Quel’danil, I’m always happy to dust off that npc for short conversations.

1 Like

We got a few high elves in the court ( presented in void elf skin) but I am not aware of any community represented on Alliance side.
As others have said you could create a community or discord to unite more.

Hope you find what your looking for or create it.

As previous have said, I’ve seen individuals, and maybe there is an interest for a community but no one to take lead. Imo the Void elf model suits better since they can have blueish eyes and are on the Alliance, and there are guilds around that takes in High elves, but I also think it’d be cool if there was a High elf community or guild.

High Elf RP on the Alliance side was (and, perhaps, still is) most of the time used for the sake of having your character to be special while meddling into human RP, not because same said people wanted to add something to the RP scene overall. Afaik there was a community ages ago, but it collapsed into nothing due to internal OOC disagreements.

If you do plan to make a community - do make sure that it is actually about high elves, not about high elves trying to influence human RP with a sole goal of breeding more half-elves.

16 Likes

That’s a shame to hear. :confused: But perhaps it was for the better that it collapsed if there was so many internal disagreements that couldn’t be solved.
I was looking for a community that wanted to add something to the RP scene. I’ve had my own experiences of High elf RP’ers who solely used their characters to be special, and to meddle in human affairs to, well, breed half-elves. Which is not something I’m very fond of, and stray away from. I had in mind that the community (or guild, if it comes to that.) will solely be based on High Elves. Thanks for your input!

4 Likes

It’s very hard to get decent high elf RP going on. Most people “roleplay” them just to feel extra special and the high elf community, if you can even call it that, has always been filled with drama. It doesn’t take much to see why since the spectrum of your average high elf rper rangers from entitled second life rpers to absolute degenerate behaviour. And sure, there are probably some good ones too, but they are fewer than the high elf population in lore which says a lot.

That being said, with the right amount of dedication, commitment and moderation, you could get almost any RP concept to work. So honestly, good luck! Maybe it’ll be because of you that one day we’ll stop looking with suspicious eyes every time we see high elves in RP.

1 Like

As I mentioned above, I have unfortunately had some negative experiences with High elf RP’ers. I have yet to meet the good ones, but that could also be because I’m fairly new-ish to RP in WoW and just haven’t stumbled upon the good ones yet.
It just makes me a bit sad, because I love the concept of High elves. I think a lot of good, nuanced story-telling could be done with them both in-game and in an RP scene.

I really do want to contribute something positive to the RP community, and I have some ideas that I have scribbled down. I think a solid community could weed out the ones who are only after ERP, drama, and the ‘special’ treatment. And perhaps it could outweigh them in the long run.
Thanks for your input!

It would be better for RP if all void elves united to RP high elves instead! High elves have better lore! Good luck!

I don’t agree on that, Void elves are High elves that changed their names to Blood elves after the Scourge invasion and then now are Void elves, while the High elves are those High elves who didn’t want to stick around sucking mana out of creatures, they have the same origin.

It would be cool though with a group of High elves fighting to perserve their cultural interests while aiding the Alliance and defending the various High elven buildings, looking for artifacts and such. Could also be a High/Void elf group for their mutual history

1 Like

High and void elves seem to get along well enough, so that could certainly work.

I think one of the problems with high elves is that they are basically Alliance blood elves. They were culturally distinct from each other back in TBC days, but after Sunwell was restored, their faction loyalty is really the only difference between them (which is why I believe RPing blood elf as a high elf and avoiding Horde lands is pointless, at that point you might as well be neutral blood elf).

The only high elven group which IMO has potential for unique, high quality RP, are elves from Quel´Danil. Right from the start, they are the only high elves who have land of their own, so there is a potential for a base that is not shared with another race and also an identity that might not be connected to Quel´Thalas (like Silver Covenant with their Ranger General wannabe or void elves have).

They are very close to Wildhammer dwarves, which could offer unique roleplay concept of elves who are buddies with dwarves. If nothing else, it would make baruk khazâd roleplayers REEEEEE until the world ends, allowing us to connect generator to them and solve world´s energy problems.

One other thing they have going for them is that they are the only high elven group which has dragonhawks of their own. You could create flying unit on the Alliance which (if you stick to the crowd that abides by the lore) has absolutely unique aesthetics. And since they are friends with Wildhammers, who have flying mounts as characteristic feature, they compliment each other perfectly.

And lastly, something that makes them absolutely unique among elves at this point, is their refusal to use Arcane magic. Even night elves don´t have this after they took in Highborne in Cataclysm. If you are Highvale elf, you are not going to be a spellcaster, the end.
This might seem limiting, but it´s also what makes them even more unique.

Tl, DR: Highvale (Quel´Danil) elves are the only cool kids among high elves.

4 Likes

Thanks for your input!

I have been thinking about it, the whole difference between Blood elves and High elves, and as you’ve stated, there -really- isn’t one except for the factions nowadays, which is where I’m struggling on whethever or not to create a community or guild.
Though, I had no idea that the elves in Quel’Danil were different than your regular High elves! I thought they were just a group that resided in the lodge. Already I like the idea of them, as they sound more unique than other High elves, indeed.
I’ll need to think more about it. If I were to form a High elf specific guild rather than just a large community, the Quel’Danil based one is definetly the one I’ll go for.

2 Likes

Highvale has a lot of potential.
They’re high elves sure, but backed up by draenei who moved in.
While they may not have mages, priests may work as well as monks. The latter taking on more of a naturalist role perhaps.
Basically, Quel’Danil helves are decent and could have something good going on around them. Even void elves may be able to learn something from them.

2 Likes