High Elf RP on Argent Dawn?

Well look it this way: by killing them you just providing material for the Ebon Blade to work with and they just come back, stronger than before… :eyes:

Lets be friends…

1 Like

Please no. There’s so much cringe and snowflake over half-elves, otherwise I think it’s awesome with a Thalassian elf community and wish you luck :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And let´s not forget that half of half-elven population are gingers with horse teeth. Do we really want those people as part of (any) society?

1 Like

Well they are excelent with computers and with all the Mechagnome and Eredar/Draenei and lingering Legion-tech around?
The future is in the hands of the Empire with the most geeks professionals

While I’m inclined to agree, I’ve seen some pretty decent half-elves who deal with the prejudice and such that comes with it. But I can count those on one hand, so you’re probably right.

1 Like

Very excited too see what creative people will come up with these kind of themes of guilds. :star:

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate that small ears, half elf ears, are being added.

1 Like

Some of us just wanna get shorter ears to fit into helmets; let us live.

My take on this (just like with high elves) is that amount of people RPing second life city (half)elf won´t really increase, it will just shift from void elf or human models into high elf models and high elf models with short ears.
Good roleplayer won´t look at this announcement and say to himself: “Well, time to abandon my developed character in guild with long, overarching storyline that has been evolving for months. Let´s go drink sparkling wine in Blue Recluse and then ERP in Elwynn.”
If anything, we might see interesting concepts arise from this (and who knows, maybe someone will even manage to pull off half-elves…in million years).

1 Like

I dunno why people keep calling them that when the half elves we’ve seen in game like Kalec and Alodi have tiny human-sized ears.

Well, time to abandon my developed character in guild with long, overarching storyline that has been evolving for months.
Who’s up for drinking sparkling wine in Blue Recluse with me?

1 Like

You underestimate people!

1 Like

Wait what?

Of course not!
Everyone know you drink sparkling wine in Elwynn and ERP in Blue Reculse
Its in the Stormwind tour guide, really

While this is true, I could see they integrate this in their storyline how they become dishartened and jaded by the Horde and all the nonsense it repsresents and re-embrace the wievs of the old
Time will tell how many will race change and come to Ally side and how many became “Horde high Elves” eg finally the Fel washed out their system and the green eye became blue again
Anyhow either case would be interesting to watch, and more interesting to be the part of it

What entertains me most are all the Sin’dorei who hopped onto the void elf bandwagon. Corrupting their elves with void so they could be the good guys :blush:

My theory is that more often than not these players really wanted to play high elves, but not their characters are void elves instead

2 Likes

Alodi just uses a human model…?
Kalec? His model is ancient.
Can’t say that’s much to go on.

They’re both half elves, and Kalec’s model is based directly on the art of him, which hasn’t changed despite having more recent incarnations (like in Hearthstone).

I hope this doesn´t happen often. What I really like about blood elf/high elf dynamic is their rivalry, sometimes outright hatred for each other (mostly coming from high elves, which undermines their “good guy” rhetoric). Especially now that we have third group in the game, void elves, who are still patriotic to Quel´Thalas, but don´t seem to see themselves as the “true” heirs to the kingdom. They want it in the Alliance, but are more grounded in reality and know they probably aren´t going to sing kumbaya with blood elves, yet I have yet to see them be hateful to blood elves.

High elves, at least Silver Covenant, to me look like some fringe delusional extremist group that sees itself as the one true loyalists. Vereesa calls herself Ranger General (kek), they went way overboard in MoP, and in comic with infinite meme potential she even says she believes blood elves can be saved (or redeemed, can´t recall which of those two).
As if they needed saving.

I would love to see these ideologies clashing, maybe even add in Quel´Danil who really seem to be going their own way (friends with dwarves, their own village in Hinterlands, refuse to use magic). What would the dynamic between Quel´Thalas patriots, trailer park trash that claims to be the true Quel´Thalas and elves who are developing their own culture be?

1 Like

Alodi art has longer ears from what I’ve seen?
But it’s half, I guess their ears can form on a spectrum of shapes.

There’s… another.