High Elf RP on Argent Dawn?

Sure, but Arator doesn’t have a unique model, unlike Kalec.

In all fairness, it’s basically the human model with very minor changes. Now this could be viewed either way, either Blizzard actually envisioning half elves as human model + maybe longer ears.

But the considerably shorter ears are probably the closest people will get to half elves and really, it’d look really silly to have a full blooded elf with those things.

Well that whole stuff with the Fel (not to mention what Kael and his extremist did) did gave out the vibe the Blood Elves are the “radicals” who need saving…

Would be interresting to see, thats for sure

And with that black Blood Elven skintone, maybe some more info will come about those fabeled “Dark Elves” day of the dragon mentioned. - Dark elves were elves, but not like high elves. They were beautiful in their own way, too, but it was a cold, haughty beauty, one that in the end repelled. The beauty of the dark elves was said to be almost as chill as Deathwing’s voice, if not colder. They were lesser beings with minute lifespans and quick to rashness, plunging into what was believed too great a risk. In their folly, they brought demons… :eyes:

Absolutely, but that was just a phase, mom!
I doubt Blizzard meant it that way when writing that comic, but I love the hypocrisy it shows. Blood elves stopped with the Fel at the end of TBC, which was 6 years ago in the lore, yet Vereesa acts as if they were this race that was still corrupted when in reality, they left that part of their history behind.
Meanwhile, her own high elves went ballistic once they were allowed to go against blood elves. I think Silver Covenant needs more saving than blood elven race, but Vereesa won´t admit it, which is pretty much the only good thing coming from that faction.

1 Like

I think hypocrisy is coded in to the Elves - of any kind - deeply within their DNA, since the dawn of time when they were Trolls… :smirk:
Its like smugness and arrogance
Elven traits

1 Like

Sure, you can play an alliance thalassian-shaped elf with blue eyes, but if you never killed a helpless sin’dorei shopkeeper in Dalaran, don’t call yourself a high elf. :wink:

5 Likes

I think an enclave of High Elven rangers could be pretty cool. Maybe mix it up and throw in some actual Void Elves as well, since they seem to get along to an almost surprising degree.

Well we had secret meetings in the Hunter Order Hall, being neutral and all and… er…
But thats a secret
Err… you don’t suposed to know that
*Aims between the eyes *
Nothing personal, just good business…

Just want to add that i think the reason they add the short ears is also to signify age and not just heritage.

Shorter ears can show how young of an elf you are unlike the longer ones.

1 Like

Doubtful given the npc kid models have long ears

I uh, what?

5 Likes

Theory (headcanon?) that the older an Elf is, the longer their ears are; hence tiny stubby ears being for the youths, show that your Elf is 18years old or something.
(I don’t remember if the kid in Sylvanas’ Warbringer had long or short ears. I know the BC kid model have long, and I believe the children in Suramar have short ears?)

The Children in the Windrunner story are ‘‘Half Elves’’ so that is why their ears are shorter.

As for the kid in the Warbringer it seems to have decent long ears for a baby.

It could be a personal growth, like in real people have diferent hand, feet sizes. :+1:

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/80497-blood-elf-orphan-whistle.jpg

https://i.gyazo.com/59b493b0f95fef1a4f084ff969c92f58.png And few years younger seemingly toddler. Has about the same size ears as the “short ears”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca-oalzWIAALFwN.jpg

[Edit] On second link: I think they might have been moving from the giant ears as a child of BC with the Suramar kids and the trailer. But who knows, anyway. I personally like more the idea ‘short ears for a young elf’ than to think about all the bloody half-elf that will appears with it.

But really by the time they’re adult they should be full length tbh, not infant sized. Really i’m just putting it down to variance in elf ear length.

[insert an inapropiate size-related joke and how “she said that”]

1 Like

Fairly sure ion said something about high elves are already playable and that they are called blood elves so if you want to play one the horde is there waiting for you. :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, shorter ears as age indicator is only head cannon for now (until Shadowlands come out and new information or explanation is given).

I know it doesn’t sit with some previous data, as was noted, but you can say the same thing for a lot of these new customisations coming with Shadowlands. I prefer seeing it this way rather than half-elf depictions.