[H(/N?)-RP] - A Roaming Hub - In the Shade of the Vale 🌴

(Repost 'cause last thread close - and it’s a new year so why not!)

UPDATE!

The Roaming Hub will start for Session six on April 23rd - Feel free to join and tag along with, and engage for whoever’s interested.

For ease of communication, rather than pointing people towards a forum thread every time regarding maps, who’s hosting which events etc., I’ve gone ahead and set up a Discord that anyone partaking in the project can join.

You can prod me at WorriesDK#2020 for an invitation or get in touch with me in-game.

Current primer - Stranglethorn Vale!

OOC INFO

Concept Explanation

The Roaming Hub operates in the form of 1-2 week stayovers in the various regions, complete with a few blurbs of story for each one, identifiable issues to combat or deal with, maps keeping track of progress - and most importantly, insight into areas that haven’t received a lot of love with the lore, but still have a fair amount of player interest.

List of Suggested things to sort out for a potential stop

1) A main hub for the duration - to give people a place where they can go to find casual RP for the duration. 2) Around ~3-4 paragraphs of story to explain what’s going on in the region, what we’re there to help with etc. - supplemental maps can be made by me. 3) Someone to open up the week at a communal meeting/speech, basically introduce the story and area to people in-game. 4) 4-5 events at most; they can be social, RP-PvE, puzzles and whatever else have you, tying into that story

How does the map/noticeboard work?

The Noticeboard is essentially a series of story hooks and suggestions for events that can be used to push the story of a zone forward. Do the event, and new events will open up, and the map will change. All you need to do is post on Discord which mission you’ve claimed and when you’ll be carrying it out; I’ll change the map to reflect changes over night!

FAQ

Do I have to sign me or my guild up to attend this?

Nope! You’re welcome to drop in and drop out as you please; I’ll simply be the main organiser to chat with if you’d like to set something up. Though be aware that our hosts in various areas may have restrictions on how many people can attend their events.

Can I get a location added to the future stops?

Yes! I’d only ask that you contact me and give the suggested “things to sort out” list a read; a hub is only as fun as it’s attendants and hosts make it.

20 Likes

Looking forward to see the hub popping off again!

2 Likes

Lets gooooooooo!

4 Likes

If you lot are near Thousand Needles, I will pop by for sure!

1 Like

Legends. (In ten characters.)

3 Likes

Looking forwards to finally being able to be part of this, been wanting to check these out for ages but now im part of the gang i get a propper dive in!

Roaming Hub has always been a shining star in Horde RP, now im part of it :smiley:

4 Likes

This initiative looks great! I’ve been lurking over at the Discord for so long, I hope to see things in action with my own eyes SOONtm.

2 Likes

Will be interesting to participate in this.

and suddenly, mysteriously, any vague interest i had in this died.

3 Likes

And here we are, off to round one in exactly 12 days!

The map is all set:

And the missions are all on the board; now what awaits is the kicking off!

1 - Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of… Water?

Recent reports state that the old Alliance forward camps in Durotar have recently been reoccupied - by privateers initially, but in the lawlessness that being a backwater fostered, it quickly turned to a pirate’s cove. Or so the report claims, anyway. The bounty is for the removal of a crew that has settled itself into Southern Durotar, after repeated reports that they’d been stealing and robbing various minor settlements for their belongings.

2 - A Scaley Surprise

Though it’d been largely quiet in recent years, Spitescale Cavern on the northernmost of the Echo Isles has recently started making slithery noises again. Main problem; as far as all Darkspear scouts have been able to ascertain, everything in there is still dead. A worrying combination of news. Far more worrying, perhaps, is the source of the sounds within.

3 - Wellness Check

When the Southfury plains first flooded, several Burning Blade camps nestled in the area were crushed by the force of the water. Farmers in the region have reported seeing the flooded ridges aren’t as quiet as they used to be however, as several figures seem to be stalking the edge of the ridge at night. What their purpose is, none seem to know.

4 - Feathery Fear

A particularly worrying report from a hunter embedded in the Drygulch Ravine states that one of the harpy tribes there recently lost their old matriarch - only to have it replaced with one far more intimidating, and far more… Scourge-like in appearance. Whispers suggest it may be one of the Mawsworn, but what would they even be doing here?

5 - Old Threats

A recent disagreement between two influential Orcish Taskmasters has erupted into a full-blown picketing. The cave systems under Orgrimmar, rich in iron and copper, has had all the peons working there flushed out. The workers have been replaced with striking Grunts, Braves and Darkspear trolls, all led by the same demand of better working conditions but strangely, the person leading them definitely doesn’t look like the tall, strong Orcish Taskmaster they say is their leader.

7 Likes

This kicks off on Monday! Anyone interested in tagging along should prod me in-game or on Discord (profile in the main post) - have fun, and we’ll see you on the road!

3 Likes

If you’re interested in tagging along for this session of the Roaming Hub, you’d best get moving! We’re lingering about in Durotar until the 14th, then a brief hiatus for Kosh’harg, before we move to a new location!

2 Likes

Any chance for a hint to where you’ll be going next? :smiley:

1 Like

Probably going for another continent - we’ve been around Kalimdor so much already. As to which one exactly, the poll will tell!

1 Like

With one more event tomorrow, stop 1 of this Roaming Hub comes to a stop, and we’ll be going into a month-ish hiatus, to attend

a) Kosh’harg, on the 22nd-28th of March

b) The Return of the Damned Campaign, on the 8th-18th of April

I’ve put the next destination continent up to a poll vote, and as it stands right now, it looks like we’ll be going to the EASTERN KINGDOMS next. Where exactly we’re landing will be subject to another poll in a few weeks. :smiley:

3 Likes

Indeed, the Roaming Hub will be going to the EASTERN KINGDOMS next, exact dates pending. As it stands with the poll, it looks like we’ll be going up n(e)rth, but that might still change! Stay posted.

1 Like

Looking forward to returning to the homeland.

Turns out the exact destination will be:

Hillsbrad Foothills/Alterac Mountains!

1 Like

Followup, the next stop of the Roaming Hub will be starting on the 23rd of April!

A little earlier than anticipated, but I have both the time and the space of mind to continue maintaining the hub’s in-game activities in the coming week. :smiley:

2 Likes

Aaaand we’re off! Next stop begins this Friday.

With it comes a map:

A primer:

Rare was it that the Forsaken actively asked for help. And they didn’t particularly enjoy having to, either, but the combined labour of trying to recover their homeland in Tirisfal while keeping the Alliance from resettling Lordaeron had let several minor threats slip under their radar.

So was it that a local Executor eventually signed the order to send a plea abroad, asking for Horde adventurers to aid the region in return for a sizable cache of treasure left over from the War.

Perhaps more curiously, it was an effort the Frostwolf Clan signed on to. While the two groups hardly saw eye to eye, even a fool could recognise that if the Horde’s grasp on Hillsbrad collapsed, so too would Alterac Mountain - eventually.

And the first missions on the noticeboard!

1 - Foul Resurfacing

As far as anyone had anticipated, the noxious Blight dropped on Southshore during the Fourth War ought have begun to recede - and it had, until recently. A foul, visibly green and very malodorous stench had begun to roll ashore with the inland winds, and upon contact with the “goop”, the decay of the Blight seemed to stop.

With new safety standards in place and the threat of ambush lessened by the end of the war, the Royal Apothecary Society has asked for someone to examine the ruins for an explanation.

2 - A New Strain?

A report from one of the Deathstalkers surveying the farther parts of Hillsbrad mentioned recently that the activity among the nearby undead gnolls had gotten more organised.

They’d begun to hoard the glowing mushrooms growing on their run-down farm, seemingly shipping them away on stolen carts to places she could not identify. The report noted that a human covered in purple robes oversaw the effort, though he neither spoke nor seemed to move much at all. Uncover the purpose of this strange mission - and if possible, stop it.

3 - Radio Silence

Ravenholdt Manor, ever an enigma in how it operates and whom it supports, has been in a state of complete diplomatic silence since the end of the Horde-Alliance war. Recent attempts at reconnecting with the rogues were met by an even stranger sight; the passage into the hidden valley had been blocked off by what appeared to be a cave-in. Find a way to reach them, and ensure that the powerful rogue order remains on amicable terms.

4 - A New Claimant

Perhaps the strangest of recent reports from the area, the Crushridge ogres of Alterac have united around a new warlord. Or King, rather. A two-headed ogre styling himself Pere’Nolde has taken up refuge in the ruined kingdom, and whipped the ogres into shape with frightening efficiency. The Frostwolf Clan has requested aid with assessing this new entity: Understand their strength. Pry for weakness. Find ways to limit the threat.

5 - A Dance of Bones and Marrow

The recent resurgence of the Cult of the Damned had, perhaps predictably, led to a rise of the group in their past hunting grounds as well. Appearing seemingly from out of nowhere, a lich styling himself “Coldreaver” had suddenly appeared, hovering above the old Dalaran crater.

He seemed to be drawing upon the powerful arcane magic left over in the crater, moulding and reshaping it to raise and sustain a frighteningly competent group of undead, largely composed of the dead left over in the area from the Third War. Figuring out how the Lich draws and channels so much power is likely a good start.

1 Like