Ho do you guys play pvp?

It is unplayable seriously, I cannot stand it … cannot play arena, cannot play battle grounds… They just force me to questing or mythic + instead.

For example you have a fresh level 120 toon and you want go play battle grounds. You will be steamrolled due to gear difference and playing random battle grounds does not give you any descent gear. So you have to play a lot of quests in najdalsrar or mechagon to get some gear and after you have no time for pvp cause cannot play wow whole day long.
Same issue with rated pvp, how you can be competitive in rated pvp without any decent gear, azerite levels, essenses ???

Before in legion i had many alts. I could enter rated arena with every fresh 110 toon and be competitive in rated pvp only in green or blue gear. After playing pvp i got descent gear from it, it was nice.

BFA pvp is unplayable because it enforce people for very long… very boring … very stupid pve grind just to enter arena or rbg. I want someone put a bucket on the head of person who designed that gearing system in BFA and hit it with something heavy and loud to adjust brain of that person in proper direction.

I don’t know what idiot designed gearing for bfa, but i am 100% sure in 6 days my subscription ends, and i am not going to buy new subscription until they either give us pvp vendors with pvp gear or return back templates. And please remove azerite from game - it sucks.

11 Likes

Majority of players wanted templates to go away, because “ThiS Is MmOrpG”. Enjoy.

8 Likes

Gear>>>>>>>>Skill in BfA. It’s worse than it has ever been. Also neckpiece levels.

4 Likes

So you haven’t played wotlk where full pvp gear warrior (just example) was bad and pve geared warrior was godlike.

Anyway pve gear in bfa have still huge impact on pve. As our russian friend said people wanted templates to be gone and here you got what you wanted

how hard is it to understand that templates were absolute trash in an MMO and that the gearing system we had during wotlk-cata-mop-wod with the two latter being the pinnacle of it was better? it’s not because templates are bad that we wanted this pos pvp character progression lol

7 Likes

And they died in 3 globals, idk how is that godlike

4 Likes

I am ok with templates, I am also ok with PVP gear and vendors. MOP, Woltk, Legion everything was just fine, but not the system we have right now. Boring, dull stupid and too much time consuming.

warriors most certainly did not die in 3 globals if they didn’t stand AFK in the middle of the map without pressing anything

Cause all they care about is playtime. Believe it or not, how much time people spend using your “service” is an extremely important stat in the current world of “software as a service” and WoW falls in the category of games for which this is very important.
You accept it, or you just leave for good and play single player games, where this is not that much important. Plenty of wonderful ones out there.
Understand, that for companies like Activision, and the sellouts Blizzard, who has little (if none) left of the original, you are a number on a stat, who they see not as a player who they want to satisfy and make happy and earn through this, you are a resource, which they want to exploit to the maximum.

3 Likes

Exactly, you could balance your resilience to still have armor penetration cap which means you could melt people down with your toolkit and 900 resilience before they could do bad things to you.
Arms had 2 passive heals + enraged regen, shield block, shield wall, a kick with 5 sec lockout and Unrelenting Assault talents which caused the enemy’s casted damaging/healing spell to be halved if he got hit by overpower while casting.
Arms was fine back then.

Have you ever player wotlk for real? 900 resilence was enough to play and i don’t mean 30 seconds games but 5, 10, 15 minutes.

Same for rogues, hunters (little more for ferals). Rets and DKs also made use of pve items.

Pls don’t post if you are clueless

Just don’t touch 3 vs 3’s simply. Its a very frustrating, chaotic bracket which gives you less power as an individual where as with 2’s its you +1 other.

As for bgs, roll something where you can be a part of the team in terms of winning the goofy initial big fights at LM, Blacksmith etc. Theres no pleasure to playing rogue outside of arena atm either.

Imagine complaining about gear difference in a MMORPG game…:rofl::joy:

Do u think this is Fortnite where u log in play PVP and log off…:crazy_face:

If you dont like to grind and put effort into your character why do u even play a game like this…

1 Like

You are so clueless. You are playing pve, it’s fine, other people are also playing pve and it’s fine but there is a problem that specific pve items are much much stronger than pvp items and on top of that gearing with pve is much faster than gearing with pvp.

Nobody is saying gear shouldn’t matter but pvp gear should be equal or stronger than pve gear and also there should be possibility to farm neck level with pvp as fast as with pve.

OP just said he don’t want to be forced to do content he dislike to play what he rly like. Pvp gearing is very, very bad while gearing with pve is easy because you can do +10 with blindhoof on your eyes and get free 430.

8 Likes

Right now, WoW pvp is OK.

Some things though:

My main issues with it are low level scaling abuse. People twinking with low level gear and can be extra terrible but still killing 120s.

World PVP , thanks to Warmode, can be heavily one-sided.

Overall, Blizzards direction with this game is quite poor and they keep implementating things they “think” are cool rather than what makes sense and has been thoroughly tested.

I don’t know if we played the same WotLK. I never saw any PvE geared player owning in Bgs and Arenas. Like sure, I remember that they could punch hard but they didn’t have Resilience so used to die in 4-5 hits max.

The best strategy in WotLK as warrior, until Shadowmourne TSG became a thing, was to go warrior/healer/healer, cap yourself on armor pen and hit/expertise, and then putting the rest into resillience.
Warriors quite literally put out so much pressure they could take down teams as a single dps.

That sounds great tbh. Make Warriors great again Blizzard :c

well pve players were real glass canons… they did do more dmg than the pvp geared equivalent but it was a trade off.
most classes needed to wear full pvp gear in order to not die in seconds but some classes could get away with wearing SOME pve op items…
rogue, warrior, dk were some of them (will of deathbringer, shadowmourne, maybe 2 T10 or something).
General offenders of pve gear where mostly the retarded trinkets for casters and melees (albeit fair because both had access to op trinkets from raids)
pve weapons were used mainly because people couldn’t get the 2200 rating weapons, so heroic pve weapons were better than the low rated pvp weapons

Watch some yt movies :slight_smile: Retail is bad example anyway because people were bad compared to current expansion skill level. 2K player could go back in time and reach r1 in wotlk. Anyway for a lof or classes wearing (talking about s7/s8 now) 800-1k resi was enough to even play 20 min games and 5/5 set alone could give you like 500-600 resi. Other items were just pve ones espesially during s8 when people started reaching high armor penetration. Its best to ask some arena-tournament players for example hydra, reckfull or drainer about how important pve items were and if you had SM warrior you could dominate bgs with healer on your back

1 Like