Homophobia in roleplay needs to cease

Herod is a gay icon and you can’t prove me wrong.

7 Likes

Nothing to prove because that is truth. Preach :pray::triumph:

It seems there is no getting off this wild ride.

Good! More power to them then! :slight_smile: But… who exactly is a gay character so far?

There is a lot of racism in wow, like orcs calling humans for pigskins. Plenty of examples of NPC’s of X race hating another person simply due to their race. It’s there, you just have to read abit to find it often.

1 Like

Isn’t it Pinkskins ?

Just as humans call orcs Greenskins.

1 Like

tsk tsk, someone didn’t follow my instruction to read from the provided link.

Please do so now, you’ll find the answer VERY quickly!

Maybe I’m a pessimist, but I think if Blizzard were to implement a homophobic character it would be accepted as «normal» by a lot of people and shrugged off. A lot of the comments on WoWhead were a mess when the couple in the Night Warrior storyline were two men that loved each other, since it «wasn’t realistic» and «stupid PC culture»

I don’t personally see the problem with LGBTQ characters in the game, whethever that’s RP’ers or NPC’s. They’ve always existed, and representation isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
Happy Pride month my dudes🌈

5 Likes

Also, all characters are bisexual unless explicitly stated otherwise, and every time someone complains about it they all get 10% gayer

5 Likes

itd be the opposite and blizzard would get crucified unless it was a really bad caricature (and in that case it would be done in bad taste, which would probably also trigger an outrage)

2 Likes

Might remember or have read wrong. But it’s fairly close to each other anyways

1 Like

My whole epidermis ripples from the cringe at this reminder. Thanks!

Negatively, as well they should. This isn’t the setting for it as same sex couples exist without trouble in the lore and a bigot would be a forced anomaly. Funny that.

Equal opportunity evil, yup. They just assume anyone not in their cult is tainted.

Sentinel sweetspring, the Stockton human/dwarf couple in pandaria, those two elves in Azsuna, the xena and gabrielle expys in arathi, one of the pandaria flight masters and another that I’m currently forgetting. I need coffee.

That’d almost be precious if it wasn’t so sad. Such fragile little flowers.

6 Likes

In this heat ?

Ice coffee.

Ah yeah, that makes more sense.

But why? If we operate under the assumption that homosexual relationships are a perfectly acceptable thing that there is no in-universe reason to dislike, then waging a war against same-sex couples is about the same as waging war against people who wear the colour green, or have brown hair, or laugh slightly weirdly. I don’t think it’s childish to point out that it doesn’t make much sense.

I’m going to be blunt. I think homophobia is bad roleplay. I don’t engage with roleplay that I think is bad. I’m not going to fight it IC, I’m going to distance myself from that person.

3 Likes

I’d fund this war tbh

1 Like

NOOOO YOU CAN’T JUST RP A LGBT PERSON RIDING A MOTORCYCLE AND SHOOTING WITH AN AUTOMATIC RIFLE, YOU ARE RUINING MY MEDIEVAL IMMERSION!

haha warlord’s deathwheel goes brrrrt

20 Likes

The rare but always treasured Good Take, you love to see it

2 Likes

On a more serious note however I belive a great deal of this “hate” in RP comes from the stigma surrounding lesbian couples…
Let’s face it. A great majority of them are just men RPing females and feeling weird when flirting with male characters…

2 Likes

Atahalni hates LGBT women because the GF he simped for left him for another woman.

haha just kidding

Unless?