Hopefully Horde learned their lesson with Flamelash as other realms will follow

How naive to think that people who like to throw dirt on others just for the fun of it, or to troll would suddenly change. No, they wont ever change. There always has been those and always will be. They just choose whatever subject is sensitive at the time. You have those people on both factions. Alliance just happens to have been on a bad spot for long, so they get most of that dirt. When BGs arrive and we Horde players get long queues and some people will surely start complaining about those, we get those same provocators to throw salt in our wounds.

Ok, I interpreted your comment like we were just behaving as uncontrolled beasts and I wanted to make it clear that even controlling ourelves in order not to trample the opposing faction there would be still the same outcome, the only solution would be to abstain from pvp almost every time (which sounds terribly wrong in a PvP realm).

On a realm with normal population numbers the ruling faction can’t guard every nook and cranny.

So even on imbalanced realms there would be more space for the underdog to manoeuvre.

The root to all current imbalance issues (resources, economy, faction) is the overpopulation.

Blizzard stated some time ago that a Classic medium realm is already larger than a full realm during Vanilla.

3 Likes

It really annoys me that factions slide into being one-side dominant. Wasn’t Flamelash once fairly close to 50-50, if not 45-55?

I put the blame on two groups of people:

People who leave a server when it’s 45-55 because of a little ganking are utter cowards. They should have pulled themselves up by the bootstraps and fought back, but instead they run to a server where they can be the dominant ones instead. Thus resulting in pathetic situations like Flamelash, with 90-10 faction balance - and of course, the smaller faction will have every right to want to move at that point!

The second group of people are the ones who knowingly roll on the 55 side of a faction, simply because they’d rather be on the winning side. That mentality destroys faction balance and is equally as cowardly as the one which advocates leaving a server simply because they are slightly outnumbered.

I wish people would think about what is best for the future health of a realm before rolling. But of course, selfish people will not consider that. Thus I think Blizzard should more heavily regulate population - Heavy queues for factions over 55% of the total server population, and free transfers to slightly under-populated factions.

2 Likes

This. The world wasn’t designed to house so many players at once. Especially as the relevant locations become fewer in number as you reach the “end game”, if you want to progress you have to be in one of the popular gankfest areas for most part.

1 Like

I observed alot of server populations in the past and during classic.

What I notice is that whenever a server gets more imbalenced than 45-55, you are basically getting into a danger zone, although it could be still alright for a very long time. If you startout with 40/60 like Flamelash and Shazzrah, then the chances of collapsing starting to increase seriously, we have seen this with both examples. The situation on Shazzrah isnt great either, and Flamelash is just extreme.

In the case of Flamelash, it kinda started with about 40/60. 40/60 is already worse than it sounds imo. The realm started to slowly get less popular for Alliance and the pop shifted to something like 35/65.

Edit: Yea, I agree that 45/55 itself is not alot to complain about. It should work be relatively ok.

Says the Horde who outnumber the Alliance players. Why didn’t you roll Alliance and stay and fight. No you took the easy path and rolled Horde and have the gall to talk about Alliance players being cowards.

2 Likes

Firstly, I’m trying to find a server / faction which is near balanced, but in which case I will be rerolling on the underdog side whichever that is. I started on horde Skullflame on day 1.

Secondly, I am advocating that the more heavily populated faction is given a queue, and free transfers are offered to less balanced factions. I would be affected by this, and would gladly accept a transfer.

oh no 40 horde just zerged me I’m dead inside

Didn’t a lot of the horde just follow you all to Earthshaker so now your just getting your cheeks clapped on a different server?

Either way I have no respect for people who use transfers to escape faction imbalances. You’re only making the problem worse.

4 Likes

No, it’s balanced. Yes, shame the people who wanted to be able to play the game, seems logical.

1 Like

It’s actually very even on Earthshaker right now. The Alliance held LHC for about 3-4 hours yesterday and also controlled Searing Gorge the entire morning. I’d say the server is about 55-45 right now, but there’s still definitely a lot more Hordes.

This actually is a welcomed change since now, you can’t simply zerg with 20+ people and wipe the entire zone just because of sheer number advantage. Before transfers, Earthshaker was definitely hovering between 60 and 65 Horde.

What about us? The ppl that were not online to move from servers like Flamelash? we are F-ed

Easy to say for you on Zandalar Tribe as Alliance. Believe me the game wasn’t much fun on Flamelash for most of the Alliance.

Earthshaker is pretty balanced right now, since more than 30 Alliance guilds transfered from Flamelash, also a couple of A guilds from other servers. Its around 50/50 atm.

1 Like

They havent atleast not on Firemaw its living hell for alliance

This has all happened before on retail many years ago and so far Classic is following the pattern exactly as expected. The only difference is that it is happening much faster this time around and the overall faction imbalance is greater. Also server caps are far too large so every population related effect is magnified.

It’s not going to get better either. It will just keep getting worse and worse and historically Blizzard has done nothing to solve imbalance. All that they have done is attempt to hide the effects of it.

Best you can do is give up early and join the winning side. Don’t fall for the sunk cost fallacy.

E l S E R V E R K E K

Once again, “something didn’t go the way we wanted it to go, time to point fingers at everyone but ourselves!”
This isn’t the Horde’s fault, they’re just playing the game the way it’s meant to be played, of course they don’t want to be trapped on a one-sided PvP server a bunch of selfish Alliance killed because they wanted to have their cake and eat it too, they’re going to go where the PvP will be best and that happens to be servers where the faction ratios are more or less balanced.

By leaving Flamelash en-mass not only did they screw over anyone who didn’t want to leave but the Horde who just wanted to play on a PvP server.
This is why free movement transfers are a bad idea, in a way i’m glad this happened if only to make it more obvious to others why they’re a bad idea.

2 Likes

Yes blame the players. Not the billian dollar company who just sat there while the world was/is burning. Dumass.

2 Likes

The lesson I learned is I want to kick alliance of more servers, the salt they then create on the forums is fun.

2 Likes