Horde ban wave started/incoming ? :)

Seems like quite a lot of servers have some of their top rankers banned this week. Is it just coincidence or Blizzard finally started doing something against botters?

For now it seems some top rankers have been banned from Shazzrah, Gollemag and Mograine.

How are your server guys?

8 Likes

will keep an eye on the top rankers on my server and report back tomorrow.
i really hope it is the case that blizzard finally caught wind of this because i was getting tired of unfair ‘competition’

edit: top ranker on my server farmed 800k honor in 6 days. there is no way the guy is not botting/acc sharing. assuming 15-30 minute queue even assuming that is with maximum honor per bg and literally all wins no losses.

2 Likes

I logged onto my horde 24 mage on Dragonfang today and now have a 6 month ban for third party botting.

My highest is a 42 rogue that I’ve not played since phase 2 and I’m as casual as all hell.

Banwave catching people?

3 Likes

maybe you’ve been farm botting. no sorts of botting are allowed. not pvp botting, not farm botting… not even fish botting.

2 Likes

I play around 3-4 hours every week, with today being my first login for two. I’d seldom have time to bot and wouldn’t know the first place to begin. I only responded as both me and a friend have had bans for the same reason.

Blizz is obviously retarded, not banning people who are repeatedly reported but banning randoms

2 Likes

i feel like there’s something you’re not telling us here.

13 Likes

Feel free, I’ve nothing to hide, I’m just finding out if there are people in a similar situation.

Did they actually say third party software or botting? 3rd party software includes T-Morph.

The same two exact emails. Both use curseaddons but nothing more.

You should appeal, as long as you didn’t use any exploit in a BGs or in the open world you should be ok.

Remember running any program that does anything to the Warcraft files is 3rd party software, that includes model changing. Which is say changing your mount to rivendares on your own screen.

The only char I’ve played in recent weeks is the mage which is 24, and that’s on Dragonfang, so open world isnt saying much.

Appealed regardless, NYE so not expecting anything.

It could be a false positive, you allow Blizzard to look at your running processes so one might have a name like a bot.

1 Like

800k in 6 days? hm no dude, it is quite doable to farm that much without botting or account sharing.
Some of the rankers actually stream the entiertly of their progress.
Take lezonta as an example he plays from 0900 to 0300- 0400 every day of the week, so with 5-6h sleep and he streams everything. He is on 900k something ish this week (on the 6th day).

2 Likes

That is definitely doable, but by playing 18-20 hours a day and world pvping while in the queue. For 900k in 6 days and 18 hours of playtime every day one needs 8333k honor per hour and that’s something that is really, really hard to average on without either extreme luck or constat world PvP while in the queue.

Go check on your server how many of top rankers are world pvping in queue, most likely it will be only a few of them.

Lets keep this thread clean tho please. :slight_smile: Please report if you find out any of top rankers are reported on your server (no need to name them!!!).

2 Likes

make sure to report back here once blizzard acknowledges your appeal, whether or not it is accepted. i am curious why you’ve been banned… for 6 months nonetheless.

1 Like

okay well, you do know blizzard has the ability to record your gameplay and thus be able to review it later on, right?

1 Like

I always assumed they did.

Yes, and?
Look a few likely are abusing -and I do hope they catch them, no issues there. But presuming that players must have done something shady to pull those numbers is wrong, when that is just not the case.

prove how its not the case, because the numbers are against you.