Horde players, where am I least annoying for farming savory delight recipe?

I’ve been farming the pirates south of ratchet, but sometimes I can tell I’m in the way of questing for some lower lvl players. I’m not exactly high lvl, but definitely higher than this area and I can’t help but feel like I’m an annoyance.

4 Likes

Good options I guess would be to farm the recipe with these mobs instead:

• savannah patriarchs (0,6% drop chance, can be found above the cliffs directly north of Ratchet or in greater numbers between the road north to Ashenvale and the harpy area that is the northwestern corner of the Barrens)
  • thunderheads (0,5% drop chance, found directly south of Camp Taurajo)

Aside of Geopriest Gukk’rok (rare spawn) these two kinds of mobs have twice as high a drop chance for the recipe than the next highest chance mobs, among them the southsea cannoneers with only 0,2% chance.
I think there is a quest to kill patriarchs but it’s done quickly and so that shouldn’t be as much of a problem as with the pirates. The thunderheads do have a quest and you kind of have to kill a lot of them if unlucky, but should still be better than pirates. Alternatively you can see whether the recipe is offered for a reasonable price in either of the auction houses.

Also kudos to you for worrying about something like that, that is kind of you.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot Zetiki, I appreciate the time you took to reply :slight_smile:
And it felt only right to try and not be annoying, I know the darn thing drops everywhere in the barrens but I don’t know where quests are done and to me any place was as annoying as another for people. I’ll deffo go to the patriarchs, being next to ratchet is a huge plus so I can empty my bags which are filling up fairly quickly.

3 Likes

Might also be worth it to check the neutral AH in booty bay or any of the other locations. Periodically horde players might post the recipe there - usually somewhat expensive, though.

They do but, as you say, it’s way too expensive for my pockets :frowning:

Just make large sweeps of the entire Barrens. As long as you don’t linger in one place for too long your presence probably wouldn’t even be noticed. And it’ll cut down on the boredom that’s bound to set in with staying in one place too long.

What I find helps is if you look for other goals, too, while you’re grinding. Like a certain amount of leather stacks, or a certain amount of gold from drops, things like that.

2 Likes

I ended up going for the thunderheads, there’s a lot of them and the respawn is really quick, I can kill them without ever having to wait for respawn. I farmed quite a lot now and no recipe yet though, which is unfortunate.

Hang in there, you’ll get there eventually!

At least you have hunting stories to tell! :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

“Ah yes, that time I leveled up twice killing green mobs to learn how to cook a fish.”

"Years ago I faced a difficult challenge; One that would keep me for days and weeks to come. Cooks all over Azeroth spoke behind closed doors of a unique and unimaginable recipe, one magic recipe so, that would turn whoever ate it into a dark-dressed omnious and mysterious presence!

The barrens I roamed, for a long time, surviving encounters with pirates, wild and proud savannah lions and even the huge and dangerous thunderhead lizards that were many a young Horde adventurer’s doom! I made it through, I survived, and in the end I learned the secret of how to prepare the famous savory delight. Not only did I learn that, but I learned a lot about life and me through hunting the beasts that roamed the grasslands, so many that I began to reflect on my choices and my views."

5 Likes

You’re a pro at this Zetiki.
Also:
“hunting the beasts that roamed the grasslands, so many that I began to reflect on my choices and my views.”
I really am starting to reflect on the choices that made me farm this darn thing.

3 Likes

Just think of the 'nam flashbacks you’ll have in a few years, whenever you consume a deviate delight. ~thousand yard stare~ Farming… for hours and hours… the horror… the horror…

Hell I’m not done and I already have said flashbacks.

I’m currently leveling my druid alt through the southern Barrens. Should the recipe drop you can have it for cheap ;>

3 Likes

You are a gem Raindancer <3

1 Like

Guess what dropped for me. Sent you a letter via ingame mail, if you’re still interested in it :> I’m sure we’ll be able to figure out a mutually acceptable price.

Can’t believe this. Me and a couple of friends farmed those darn lizards for so long. I’ll reply to your letter in game.

It was quite lucky. I was in a group with someone else too at the time and rolled greed like the good person that I am, holding my breath if I’d win it or not. And well, I got lucky. :smiley:

2 Likes

Trade happened, the power of friendship wins!

4 Likes