Horrific visions

They are also the fastest way to get them. Heh its funny how much people hate them :smiley:

I honestly don’t care. I do 1 run without masks a week max, because it requires a cloak upgrade. Ideally I’d kill N’zoth every week, though that’s not really an option as we raid progression on Wednesday and Thursday, thus I need the extra corruption resist asap.

Hello,

I can give my own advices on how to clear 5 masks for anyone interested. I do 5 masks on 6 chars per week, tank (DK, monk, war, druid)& melee dps specs (sham, DH)

• For the prerequites, the last research is absolutely mandatory (gift of the titans), it is this perk that trivialize 5 masks the most. For the cloak, the higher, the better, I did my first mask at 65% resistance (it is the threshold where it start to be doable by anyone). But now because it is trivial to upgrade the cloak, I advise max rank. You may also consider using the food granting enormous 2%HP/s if you don’t have a lot of self substain (I do that on my BRMonk).
  • The key to clearing 5 masks is abusing the gift of the titans, my route for both capitals is optimised to statistically trigger it just before elites, so I can destroy them without issues. Some elites are especially easy & interesting to proc gift on: the first boss of merchant district in SW (from cathedral, just rush him, or you may also stop at the tentacle & kill it for safety, if gift proc, go, if not kill something else for safety etc…), the first boss of Shaw district (don’t attack eye on the bridge, make a loop throught SW castle entrance, ignore rats from corpse, open door, kill everything, proc gift, destroy boss). Other are a bit less easy but super worth it to proc gift on: all elites in valley of wisdom, Rexxar, nasty blob in mage quarter. You may also wish to proc gift on the last boss itself (super easy with thrall, the pig are good candidates, with alleria, I usually pull the packs with 4 blobs/fleshbeasts on the side). For those not familiar with the gift of the titan, it grant sanity loss immunity & 50%haste (but not CC immunity)
  • You may also use your orbs offensively: You can start combat inside an orb & you are immune to dmg & sanity loss & nasty affixes are deactivated inside an orb. I usually do that when gift hasn’t proc for some reason before a very nasty boss in a lost district… my best example is blob in mage district. You can also orb before pulling thrall to ignore the 2 first cast of its pigs (beware of not being stunned by thrall thought, regardless of orb usage)
  • Learn where buffs are located & how potions works. I used to pick all potions before but now I stick to only the sanity+ ones … the others may backfire for too little benefits.
  • Don’t hesitate to walk into your burned bridge to dodge an elite ability or a CC ! burned bridge is laughable compared to what you will take if you take an elite ability to the face.
  • Many spec specific abilities can trivialize some enemy mechanics. For example, AMS for DK allow you to pass through split personality/ eat polymorph. Spell reflect for war prot eat a polymorph (Umbric or Alleria aren’t polymorphed sadly, but Bwemba, the haste buff of Org is !). Pets can rush to Umbric in intermission to stop it faster etc …

Good luck 5 masking !

3 Likes

nope, the echoes are for the zones regardless of masks

At this stage 5 mask in ogri is relaxed, i have my fixed route that accounts for all the crystal location (handy notes went a long way in this). I can even carry one healer there with ease.
Stormwind is still annoying and it will always be, but i finally manage this week to do a 5 mask 10 crystal there too. And i’m not carrying anyone in there ever.

There is still a huge disparity between weeks though, stormwind is much less linear, you waste a lot of time just crossing zones and some crystal are annoyingly out of the way, while ogri is basically a straight path start to finish, with plenty of room to do big pulls and much less fear/mindflay/stun mobs around.

Are you sure about that? In Orgrimmar, 3 out of 4 zones have some sort of CC in them. I manage to masspull and combust on two zones in Stormwind, in Orgrimmar I would only get away with that in the corrupted zone on the left.

Considering how easy it becomes with a high level cape, full console and good item level, i assume a lot of people are.

Sure.
In the main zone there are a couple of mobs with a stun, the only other annoyance is the totem that grips you, but easily killable in a couple gcd as a tank, probably a dps can oneshot you. Plus there are a lot of open building that you can use to los everything and mitigate that.
And in the rest of the zones aside the dominator with touch of the abyss, there are no real hard cc, just a couple of stun in the rexxar area, but after two run you learn how to deal with them.

Stormwind has a lot of mindflay mob that also fears you, plus the venom/curse mobs in the shaw zone, and in general you have to backtrack on yourself a lot to do everything, like the cages in the trade district, you go in, clear and run back around again to open them.

1 Like

More like Horrific lag.

There is not so much use for pulling big without any AOE damage button :sweat_smile: And most packs do need something of stun. I know there are exceptions of course :slight_smile:

I forgot healers do this too because i find it nonsense, why make it much harder for yourself? lack of interrupts over all, there is so much to interrupt in both vision that going without for me is pure masochism

I have never specced to something else than holy, outside of that decree azerite trait i need. I always played healer. Also my first char that i started end WoD time (got 110 during legion), just leveled as resto (shaman) all the way.

So i do not have gear, a UI, or even understanding of any button ret does. Sounds more masochistic to me to try visions in ret :sweat_smile:

I do but affliction warlocks really suck. Id never thought visions would be so problematic on a spec that can have a pet tank, lots of selfheal and dots everywhere.

Where is the dot damage 0.0

Affliction suck in vision? Must be a typo…
It is only warlock spec I can reliably finish 5 mask at 455ilvl

if you’d do that, you wouldn’t be 455 …

I clear 5 mask solo with other specs much faster. I am kind of confused why affli do so low damage. Thought they were good st but Allaria 5 mask takes longer than it does for my melee:(

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.