How are the Celebras-Refugees doing? Let's save HW!

So it has been about 8 months now since our old home got shut down due to server merging. Almost all RP Servers got shut down, as did the last German RP Server Celebras. Even though most players of the realm went to find their luck on the other German servers like Lakeshire or Razorfen, a large RP-community went to Hydraxian Waterlords - the only (english speaking) remaining RP-server.

Since then we have found new friends, built alliances and joined the vast RP community.
It makes me sad to - yet again - see my new home wither. A lot of players and whole guilds have left the server because of its low population. They are enabled to because of free character transfer OFF the relam. Unfortunately, other players - RP-interested or no - have no chance to come back to or join HW, because free character transfer TO HW is NOT possible.

My hypothesis is: If free character transfer to HW was possible, many new players would arrive on this server: Players who are curious, players who regret their decision for Razorfen or Lakeshire, players who thought HW dead.

Refugees of Celebras, how are you doing?

16 Likes

What Zholak says!
The community here is very open, best choice to move here rather than Lakeshire or Razorfen. Language barrier? No big deal, there‘s not just native English speakers here and we get along well. It just became a little too quiet lately. Would love to see old and new friends moving here.
Raise your voices and your wish for FCT. You will be welcomed with open arms and hearts.

7 Likes

Ich bin mit meinen Horde-Chars nach Lakeshire ausgewandert… und dort stehen sie herum. Sie fühlen sich dort nicht wohl!
Stattdessen habe ich die kopierten Chars auf Celebras-Ära weitergespielt (das einzig verbliebene Celebras!!), was auch gut ist.
Aber die Lakeshire-Exilierten wßrden gerne zu den Alli-Chars kommen, die schon auf HWL sind, wenn es nicht so teuer wäre. Die obigen Beschreibungen kann ich unterstßtzen. Nur leider ist mein Englisch nicht gut - deshalb der Post in German^^

6 Likes

Bitte gib mir bescheid, wenn dir meine Übersetzung nicht gefällt, ich lösche sie sonst :wink:

I translated RabenschreĂŽs text

"I moved with my Horde-characters to lakeshire… where they’re standing around. They just don’t feel well there!
Instead I played the copied characters on Celebras-Era (the only remaining Celebras), which is good.
But the Lakeshire-exiles would love to go to the alliance characters which are already on HWL, if it wasn’t so expensive.

I can support what was said above. Only my english isn’t that good - which is why the post is in german."

Edit: I too second this wish. I miss being on Celebras, but I like HWL the way it was during the first WotLK patch. Seeing it slowly wither away with even more guilds leaving (Aftermath most recently on horde-side) is sad.
I used to have not a problem finding a daily hc group even in the mornings when I play, now there is nothing.

3 Likes

I support 100% this thread.
Even if it was unintended, treating the last RP server as it was so far, did a lot of damage to the RP community.

To recap the facts over the past couple of years:

• During BC Classic, as a moderately low population server, the Hydraxian Waterlords server was announced first as a server that would close soon his doors (pretty much like all other RP servers).

• Instead of gathering the population of all RP servers on one server (meaning opening free transfers for all RP servers towards one remaining), Blizzard decided to open free transfers from RP servers towards non-RP servers. The person(s) who took the decision visibly didn’t think much of the fact that, if players were on a RP server, it wasfor RP (roleplay). Asking them to join a non-RP server was like spitting on their face. But because they didn’t have a choice, the RP players either stopped playing or spread accross many non-RP servers which forced them - for the most part - to abandon roleplay for various reasons : unable to find enough players to roleplay with, harassed/mocked by non-RP players who don’t understand (and/or don’t want to understand) what roleplay is.

• Blizzard changed its mind and decided - a few weeks before closing all low population servers - to keep at least one RP server opened (Hydraxian Waterlords) and the only time a Free Transfer from other servers towards Hydraxian Waterlords has been done was handled very poorly: barely a couple of weeks and no proper communication, to the point that many of those who wanted to return to the HW server or - for the survivors from other RP servers - join the only remaining RP server, they missed the opportunity because it was never clearly announced (even the forum post mentioning it never gave clear dates about opening/closing free transfers for this server).

What is done is done.
However, due to how poorly handled the whole thing was, please Blizzard, could you give another shot (a real one this time, with clear communication with dates and all) to open Free Transfers from other servers (we can at least tell you that original residents from HW were “strongly encouraged” to leave HW because of its imminent closure announced, were squattered between the following Non-PvP servers: Nethergarde Keep (NK), Pyrewood Village and Mirage Raceway). I’m pretty sure a similar situation happened with Celebras survivors (I let them list the non-RP servers where they were invited to go). All the non-RP servers harboring survivors from the now closed RP realms should be given the opportunity to have free transfers with the HW server as destination, with a proper communication to the players of those realms (maybe a short mail in their in-game mailbox? I don’t think such a thing is impossible?)

This would be the only proper way to reunite the RP community in WoW (Wotlk) Classic.
Please Blizzard, we hope you will hear this call.

Thanks in advance.
A player who is really saddened to see the RP community squattered across so many servers.

4 Likes

While I don’t remember which servers were open for transfer (besides Lakeshire), it was pretty similar. When the close was announced first, no one knew whether hydraxian would stay open or not and it was probable it would be closed.
So a lot of people migrated to Lakeshire and others when they had the chance - when Blizzard announced HWL would stay open and all Celebrans and ZTs would be automatically transferred there, it was already too late and the communities where split up.

Had they not had this bad communication and from the beginning kept HWL as the remaining RP server, i’m sure many more would have gone there - although there are quite some german speakers who don’t feel like they can rp on an english server due to the language barrier.
Although I feel it would have been possible to build at least one german enclave per faction… if Blizzard hadn’t screwed us.

4 Likes

well, i went together with my (horde) guild and another friendly guild to lakeshire, mostly because of the language barrier of many people. and by now it is like i’ve predicted - the fun isn’t there anymore. some people stopped playing, many are just raidlogging and there’s almost non-existent guild activity anymore (at least in my guild). the reasons why it became like this are known, i’m not gonna list them (again).

by now it should be clear to everybody that bli$$ard don’t care, at all. the only thing they care about is money and how they can save expenses to the last dollar. welcome to c(r)apitalism! this is why they’re handling things the way they do. opening up free transfers TO hydraxian waterlords means they have to keep running a realm which is dead anyways (in their eyes), which they otherwise could close one day (and save some more dollars).

i’m sorry for the pessimistic words but this is the reality. i surely would love if it was different. i would have loved if celebras and zandalar tribe were still up and FCTs TO them and to HW were there. instead bli$$ard did everything to destroy these lovely realms so they can save some more dollars. and we are still paying every month - a win win for bli$$ard.

edit: to make it clear, i 100% support the idea to open up free transfers TO hydraxian waterlords so the last remaining eu rp realm might be saved and even thrive! but i’m pretty hopeless (and sad).

3 Likes

Blizzard, if you open FCM to HW and people don’t like it, they will be forced to pay $$ to transfer off, PROFITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
Milk it for what its worth Blizzard, give us the opportunity to give you more Transfer $$$$$.

5 Likes

I’ll try in English, please don’t mind my mistakes…
Wrú, I don’t agree in some points. It would cost only some clicks to open FCT to HW, thats no investment. The question is not, how to save money by running an additional server. In my opinion the question is: would we lose custumers, when the frustrated celebras-refugees on lakeshire or other pve-realms stop playing? and can we keep them playing and paying by supporting a rp-server?
The arguments therefore must be in a way like

• rp-payers are faithfull
  • rp is a minority, but the heart of wow
  • rp-players will keep their realm alive

P.S. Greetings from Rabenschrei and her wild Strobel-Pig :wink:

6 Likes

i know! that would be logical, more logical than my argumentation. it would also have been logical to keep celebras and zandalar tribe and open free transfers to these realms instead of off. but the past shows well that blizzard’s acting doesn’t always make much logic sense… also they see that for the moment we’re still paying despite we’re not being very happy. the question is for how long. probably they won’t even care if some players will quit. losing some players is not as expensive as hiring more people who take care of the realms but that’s just my assumption.

german translation in case it’s easier for you:
ich weiß! das wäre logisch, logischer als meine argumentation. es wäre auch logisch gewesen, celebras und zandalar tribe zu behalten und kostenlose transfers zu diesen realms zu ermöglichen anstatt von diesen realms weg. aber die vergangenheit hat gut gezeigt, dass blizzards herangehensweise nicht immer viel sinn ergeben hat… außerdem sehen sie auch, dass wir immer noch bezahlen, obwohl wir nicht ganz glücklich sind. fragt sich nur für wie lange. wahrscheinlich ist es ihnen auch egal, wenn ein paar spieler aufhören zu spielen (und bezahlen). zahlende spieler zu verlieren ist nicht so teuer wie leute einzustellen, die sich um die realms kümmern aber das ist nur meine vermutung. :frowning:

liebe grüße an dich und den strobel, der kleine racker <3 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Maybe you should nevertheless note them - for those who don´t know…

I´m very sure (for reasons) that this is not the case. :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that they could just close HWL already, if they wanted - as they prepare with GIantstalker, Jin´do, Ashbringer, Patchwerk, Transcendence and co.

Still thinking about a “real” answer… Sighs

1 Like

I translated the following with DeepL and have the German Original below:
For me, the treatment of role-players was already sad from the beginning. First for Europe only English servers. Then when they said there would also be German servers, they implied with the statement that there would also be an RP-PvP server, but only in English, that at least there would also be RP-PvE servers for the other languages, but no such thing.
We had to fight to get Celebras and they didn’t even do damage control by saying that if an RP server was coming, we would be able to transfer to it.
Then with TBC, Celebras, the most lively RP server, was closed because Blizzard is still of the opinion that we are all international and would thus unite on HWL, but only after it was pointed out to Blizzard that all RP servers would also be closed.
So instead of letting it go and taking advantage of WotLK’s return bonus, they just rationalised it away again.
Last but not least, as Zholak said so well, Blizzard killed the last good idea by discontinuing free transfers.

Now here is my personal impression.
For me the first big mistake was not to announce RP servers nor to assure that it will be possible to take progress there if it does come. I think I was not the only one who was absolutely hyped at the beginning of Classic and would have liked to start right away, but since there was no RP server and I was afraid that everything I was doing would be in vain, I had to wait idly. So when Celebras finally came I was anything but hyped but I started anyway and continued to play half-heartedly. My hope was WotLK because for me Celebras with its small number of players was unfortunately not really suitable for dungeon runs and in WotLK the dungeon finder came which was supposed to be a salvation for low servers. But then Celebras was discontinued and since there was no dungeon finder either, I stopped playing WotLK at some point because all the bad memories from the recent and distant past were united but without any good things and even 50 characters on one server doesn’t make up for that.
Now due to the big time travel event in Retail I went back to it because at least now I can do heaps of classic dungeon runs and as soon as it’s out of the box I’m back to Era because there I still have characters that I can bring to Level 60 with an RP Server at the same time.

FĂźr mich war die Behandlung der Rollenspieler von Beginn an schon traurig. Zuerst fĂźr Europa nur englische Server. Dann als sie sagten es kommen auch deutsche Server implizierten sie mit der Aussage, es kommt auch ein RP-PvP Server allerdings nur auf englisch, dass immerhin auch RP-PvE Server fĂźr die anderen Sprachen bereitstehen doch Fehlanzeige.
Wir mussten kämpfen um Celebras zu erhalten und es wurde nicht mal Schadensbegrenzung betrieben, indem sie sagten falls ein RP Server kommt wird man dorthin transferieren kÜnnen.
Dann mit TBC wurde Celebras der noch am meisten belebte RP Server geschlossen weil Blizzard immer noch der Meinung ist wir sind alle international und wĂźrden uns so auf HWL vereinen, aber auch erst nachdem Blizzard darauf hingewiesen wurde, dass auch alle RP Server geschlossen werden.
Anstelle so also es zu lassen und WotLK Wiederkehrerbonus auszunutzen hat man einfach wieder wegrationalisiert.
Zu guter Letzt wie Zholak so schĂśn sagte hat Blizzard mit der Einstellung der Gratistransfers die letzte gute Idee beendet.

Nun hier mein persĂśnlicher Eindruck.
Für mich war der erste große Fehler weder RP Server anzukündigen noch zu versichern es wird möglich sein Fortschritt dorthin mitzunehmen wenn er denn doch kommt. Ich denke nämlich ich war nicht der einzige der zu Beginn von Classic absolut gehyped war und hätte am liebsten schon damals gleich gestartet doch da kein RP Server war und ich fürchtete alles was ich tue wäre dann umsonst hat mich dann doch untätig warten lassen. Somit war ich dann als Celebras endlich kam alles andere als gehyped aber ich habe trotzdem gestartet und auch so halbherzig weitergespielt. Meine Hoffnung war WotLK weil für mich Celebras mit seiner geringen Spielerzahl nun halt leider nicht wirklich geeignet war für Dungeonruns und in WotLK ja der Dungeonfinder kam der eine Erlösung für niedrige Server darstellen sollte. Doch dann wurde Celebras eingestellt und da auch kein Dungeonfinder war, habe ich irgendwann mit WotLK aufgehört da so all die schlechten Erinnerungen aus kürzerer und entfernter Vergangenheit vereint waren aber ohne jegliche gute Sachen und da macht selbst 50 Charaktere auf einem Server es nicht wett.
Nun aufgrund des großen Zeitwanderungsevent in Retail bin ich wieder dorthin zurückgegangen weil dort immerhin jetzt haufenweise klassische Dungeonruns machen kann und sobald es aus ist gehe ich nach Ära zurück denn dort habe ich noch Charaktere zu leveln und auch noch einen RP Server.

3 Likes

The phrase goes “Death to the living - ALL of them”, not “death to the RP Realms- ALL of them”.
Someone obviously got something wrong.

Joking aside, i´m really frustrated.

I can say for sure, that this is especially true for the german roleplayers.

If one has a look at the retail realms - we have had 15 german RP Realms, one of them is still not connected and medium pop. EU had 11 RP realms.
Even if they had just took a look at the retail realms, they should have seen that there is a demand for RP Realms.

Why they thought there is no need for a german RP realm is beyond my imagination - especially after the community was so loud asking for one for months.

And when we finally got a RP realm it was way too late.
I can still remember the discussions, where the RPer should settle, because “we won´t get a RP Realm”, and they chose Lakeshire.
And Lakeshire managed to maintain a community for 3 years, which had a lot of RP realm vibes (until they were overrun by mega realm players on the run from their selfmade queues :man_facepalming: )

I know a lot of people make fun of my opinion in the german board, but i am pretty sure if we had a RP realm from the beginning, we would now have a realm around medium pop, maybe sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more.

But those players had already what they wanted on Lakeshire - why should they come and leave their community back, especially if they were only looking for the climate on a RP realm, and not RP itself?
There was no reason to take the risk and move

The devs just failed us. And then they failed us a second time, when they decided to murder Celebras (and another time, when they just removed languages from the era realms…)

One of the reasons why we lost our home was, that in theory an english RP realm could attract more players because due to the language.
Celebras had the biggest community in the end, the strongest one who was reluctant to leave, but we had to.

And now, Hydraxian Waterlords is - again - smaller than Celebras was in the end.
IMHO we deserve this last chance to gather roleplayers on one realm.

What´s the point in the loss of our home and community right now?
:pensive: :broken_heart:

There are so many guilds from Cele who didn´t make it, or at least not unscathed…
should all this have been for nothing?

Keep in mind, that the (almost) closure of all RP realms was an honest mistake by the devs. This was actually not intented.

I think the abrupt closure of the FCT towards Hydraxian Waterlords was some kind of an emergency stop for the realm.
Back then there were already player flooding the realm (mainly spanish) who were on the run to mega realms and didn´t notice that the transfers OFF Hydraxian were closed already.
They were all stuck on our RP realm and were starting to overrun us.
On top, some players just didn´t believe that it didn´t work anymore.
I´ve had a discussion with russians who were actively advertising to use Hydraxian Waterlords as a loophole to get to a more crowded realm and just didn´t believe me when i told them, the transfers off were already closed.
Almost the russian PVP players had flooded Hydraxian, too. :slight_smile:

The problem is, that we never got new FCT from the PVE realms, and PVP realms seem to mainly attract mega realm players…

The Celebrasians mainly went to Lakeshire, some to Razorfen. None afaik to Everlook, at least no one from the closer bubble. We´ve had a list with guilds who wants to go were and polls.
The main destination was Lakeshire, followed by Razorfen and Hydraxian Waterlords (und some to Celebras era :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:, as RabenschreĂŽ already mentioned. )
(I´m also more active on the era Celebras :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Two reasons. First they still where in their mindset of “You think you do, but you don’t.” so they decided they go the safe way because there is only a group of some madlad and the rest will soon awake from their rosyred glasses. This get even better shown in how confused they where with how empty both Classic and TBC Server became.
Second this whas a new generation that grow up in believing that EU is like america country and because of america’s importance now everyone and their dog speaks english. And as we are only to lazy in not wanting to speak it, we should be forced to play together with english guys to see we fit together. Because it is better if all those few players are packed together on a realm reaching medium than having two low realms in the end cause few players.
In the end this whas a problem not only related to Blizzard but generally murica.

As I said.

You storm open castledoors with this by me. Add the antihype of being 6 months late and the general feeling feeded by by Blizzard that soon the realms will be dead and you have a self fullfilling prophecy.

I still think till this day that they did it because they thought they where right in the end and they failed to understand how RPler are geared which is itself surprising given how popular D&D became but also not surprising given how people in video game companies are nowadays nerds mostly only in name.

Here is now again German TL thanks to DeepL

Zwei Gründe. Erstens waren sie immer noch in ihrer Denkweise von “Du denkst, du weißt es, aber du weißt es nicht”, also entschieden sie sich, den sicheren Weg zu gehen, weil es nur eine Gruppe von ein paar Verrückten gibt und der Rest bald aus ihrer rosaroten Brille erwachen wird. Dies wird noch deutlicher, wenn man bedenkt, wie verwirrt sie darüber waren, wie leer die Classic und TBC Server wurden.
Zweitens war dies eine neue Generation, die in dem Glauben aufgewachsen ist, dass die EU ein Land wie Amerika ist und wegen der Wichtigkeit Amerikas nun jeder und sein Hund Englisch spricht. Und da wir nur zu faul sind, es nicht zu sprechen, sollten wir gezwungen werden, mit Engländern zusammen zu spielen, um zu sehen, dass wir zusammenpassen. Denn es ist besser, wenn all die wenigen Spieler auf einem Realm zusammen sind, der ein mittleres Niveau erreicht, als zwei niedrige Realms zu haben, die am Ende nur wenige Spieler haben.
Im Endeffekt war das ein Problem, das nicht nur Blizzard betraf, sondern generell Amerika.

Wie ich schon sagte.

Damit stßrmst du bei mir offene Tßren ein. Wenn man dann noch den Antihype von 6 Monaten Verspätung und das allgemeine von Blizzard genährte Gefßhl, dass die Realms bald tot sein werden, hinzunimmt, hat man eine sich selbst erfßllende Prophezeiung.

Ich denke bis heute, dass sie es getan haben, weil sie dachten, dass sie am Ende Recht hatten und sie nicht verstanden haben, wie RPler orientiert sind, was an sich ßberraschend ist, wenn man bedenkt, wie populär D&D wurde, aber auch nicht ßberraschend, wenn man bedenkt, dass Leute in Videospielfirmen heutzutage Nerds sind, meistens nur dem Namen nach.

1 Like

I can understand it was not intended. “Errarere Humanum Est” (To err is human).
As I said, what is done is done. We can’t change the past, and I would have no blame for the devs if they genuinely try to make up for their past mistake (even after all the damage they caused to the RP Community. I’m not that much a vindictive person). However, if they don’t really try to give a chance (and not half-assed like last time), that’s where I might hold a grudge. Making mistakes is fine. Not trying to fix them is not.

1 Like

I always wonder, what people mean with this.

Yes, the transfers were only open for two weeks.
However, sometimes few days are long enough to depopulate complete realms and turn others into mega realms (e.g. the Firemaw → Gehennas transfers, when almost all of Firemaw horde run away to Gehennas, or Mograine which was empty over night), which were sometimes not even an official transfer target.

That it was “not properly communicated” (there was a blue post by Kaivax, that they fixed the transfers…) can´t be the only reason why not many came back. Maybe it was bad timing due to vacation…

After that, Hydraxian Waterlords was transfer target for all mega realms, and for all SoM realms.
Hydraxian Waterlords being a transfer target for the SoM realms is btw something special - usually you are only allowed to transfer to realms with the same ruleset, means either PVE or PVP for Wrath (era always the most populated PVE and PVP cluster).
Hydraxian Waterlords is the only Wrath realm in EU and US which is target for the PVP AND PVE SoM realms.

It´s not, that the devs didn´t try or forgot Hydraxian Waterlords.

I DO think, they should reopen for at least one or two weeks the transfers from the PVE realms. Some people might have realized, they don´t like the overpopulated realms.
But that there were never transfers since then, is not true.

And, i know some people might not like to read it:
The advertising skills by the Hydraxians are lacking :sweat_smile:

If someone who is not in touch with the community MUST assume, there is no one left.
The only guild with a still open guild thread is Vandar bur Nevren, and many have only alts here :see_no_evil:
I know that Kinrela already mentioned back then to keep the forum more alive.
Especially when the transfers were open, advertising would have been really helpful.
Keeping the guild threads open and active, maybe with short summaries once a month what the guild did, would be helpful. The guilds raiding should update once a month, what they are looking for or what they have achived.
There is a guild recruitment forum, use it!
Especially the PVE focused guilds.

It´s what Haynes did back then for Boys on Wheels and i know from other lower pop realms or guilds, that it can be really helpful.

I mention it now so explicitly, to make everyone aware, that, if we get (and there is at least a chance that we will) FCT, we will have to go out and advertise this realm.

This will be OUR job.

To blame Blizzard that there was no blue thread, is not sufficient. WE must convince the people, that Hydraxian Waterlords is worth the chance, despite the low pop state right now.

This is even more important, because there were several “Hydraxian Waterlords is dead, merge it” threads over the last few month.
There were some posts, were low pop realms were just declared as “dead” because “it´s low pop, it´s dead”…
I was busy to say no, we are not dead, there is RP, there are still raiding guilds. The Roleplayers do not want to leave this realm, so don´t merge it!

I´d really hoped, that something like now, this “save Hydraxian Waterlords” movement would have started earlier… would have been easier to point to the forum and say: “look, there are a bunch of player left. Definetly not dead”, but alsmost all threads were closed.

It´s important, that, if we get FCT, we NEED to advertise the realm. Why this realm is worth to give it a try, especially if one does not necessarily want a mega realm.

The devs can (re)open the transfers, they might even write a blue post, but that would be not sufficient.
The main work, the convincing other players part, will be our responsibility.

I actually think that´s the main issue.
They just don´t see the reason for language specific realms anymore.

Only EU fresh realms (they´ll close them anyway, why not german and french ones with then german/french realms as transfer target?).

That they removed the language from all era realms (thanks for nothing :angry: ).

And, in their eyes, it doesn´t matter if the german speak german, the french french and so on.
It´s an international realm in their eyes, where everyone can speak whatever language.
That´s not what most player on RP Realms want, because most of the time RP realms are pretty community driven, and without being able to communicate… a community is difficult to be build.

I think they really didn´t understand the players needs here, and thought, one RP Realm will be sufficient.

I actually do think, that there are some Nerds at Blizzard and the WoW Classic team, at least some of them.
And i do also think at least some of them have a heart for the roleplayer, even though they don´t get everything right (but granted, the players themselves also don´t always).

That´s the reason why i have some hope left, that they will try to help us again

1 Like

Forums are an outdated method of communication and most people use discord.
The only reason anyone is here discussing the state of the realm is the hope that blizzard will see it and react.

You bring up some interesting points, but nothing can be said against the fact that Blizzard opened transfers off the realm in 2021/11 and the realm plunged into darkness until Wotlk release almost a year later.

We have been getting by with the population brought on by hype of a new xpac and now just need some help coasting until the end of wotlk.

Without a FCM, there will be NO raid groups.

Random people interested in PvE content will not be invited to Before Insanity (horde), and as an “involved” member of our Alliance community, i can say this with confidence.

“Alliance presence is about to cease”.

[Keep in mind, that i assume that there will be FCT to HWL.]

That´s your biased opinion.

Fact is, that forum and discord have a different purpose.
Discord is great for chatting, arrange dungeons or stuff, and so on.
But it´s fast paces (ok, the Hydraxian Waterlords Discords are not :sweat_smile: ) - blink, and the discussion is gone.

Forums have a higher longevity. The “to Northrend” Plotline - a lot of fun. But i´ll probably never reread our travel, because it would mean to scroll an eternity in the discord channel, with discussions in between, etc.pp.

A forum is way better readable.

And, more important: You can share forum posts. In social media, forum discussion, and, yes, discord.
It´s way easier to show that, and what, is still going on.
I don´t say use the forum INSTEAD discord, i say use BOTH - both for ther best use.

The problem is:
During Wrath release, HWL had an influx of players from mega realms, due to queues. Unfortunately, medium pop is nowadays for many not enough, and they used PCT to get away again (the FCT only pointed to Lakeshire the german PVE realm were most Celebrasions moved to)

If you follow the main Wrath forum you´ll see, that “high” pop realms for many nowadays are “medium”, everything below “low pop” and full “maybe playable”.

That doesn´t mean that there are not player who would be happy to play on a realm like HWL, the problem will be, to find them and to make them aware of the FCT.

ATM they are on realms which offer everything: Raids, Auctionhouse, etc.
HWL has something different to offer:

A good and healthy community, some raids, not so active AH :sweat_smile: and roleplay.

Currently, people who would even consider to move to HWL have to do all the work.
Checking the forum. the discord (and the post with all discord links is there due to a former Celebrasian), get in touch with the community, figure out what HWL has to offer.

That´s a LOT of effort for something, they already have.

IMHO it makes a lot of sense to accommodate interested parties and present the info in a simpler way.

Blizzard will not be able to take this from the Hydraxian Waterlords.
They can only open FCT

I just used this character due to my first response.
I play both and have also a char in “Lilien von Stratholme”

I don´t even raid anyway - i can´t make sure a regular attendance and with hearing impairment voice chat is difficult anyway :wink:

1 Like

You need a sub to WoW to engage in the forums and thats already a deal breaker.
In my biased opinion no one actually playing the game reads these forums.
Our realm forum was dead until as a community we try to get blizzard’s attention.
Advertising the server and all that is pointless, it is not any lack of communication or advertisement that has resulted in our realm pop reaching unsustainable levels, but simply blizzard sabotaging us with FCM off the realm.
This isn’t debatable.