How are warriors supposed to compete in pvp?

Anyone else feels like warriors are a huge joke in pvp? We die so freaking easy, I’m sure other classes are throwing a party everytime they see a warrior enemy in the arena. We have zero suvivability, no self heal, no immunity, NO NOTHING. While EVERY other damn class has a crap ton of things in order to keep them alive.

The only way for me to win someone in 1v1 is that he is 20-30 ilvls below me

I’m not gonna reroll because I love warrior, but this need to be fix’d ASAP.

1 Like

Fury is literally the most overpowered class & holy paladin in my opinion, So i completely disagree, you’re supposed to be a glasscannon class but got more healing than alot of classes

8 Likes

Play fury. Arms, like a large portion of specs aren’t that good.

2 Likes

Yeah, they are pretty crazy right now. When I see a warrior wielding 2 weapons I usually crap myself.

6 Likes

Hey guys, look! An Arms player! Hah!

4 Likes

Warrior… glass cannon? We should be tanky as fu&^$ good def zero heals and crazy dmg burst. This is warrior.

4 Likes

Pretty much what i ment, misused the therm abit, my point was they should have strongest armor & ressistances, but no healing at all x)

1 Like

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. With the ongoing caster/ranged buffing and melee nerfing, warrior will never be as good or even competitive compared to something like Mage/Warlock/Priest.
Especially arms. We had our moment of glory during Cataclysm and MoP, surprise surprise, it’s been garbage ever since. They keep buffing casters and healers to the stage where pure melee damage is just redundant and pointless. Warlocks have armor and mages cannot be reached not even with a holydin in the group (Unless you’re fury with the stupid talent that makes you immune with every bloodthirst you land.)

Arms is supposed to be the PvP spec but the truth is it sucks in both PvP and PvE to the stage where even re-speccing to it means you’ll get kicked from your guild. There are some people who like the current arms design but I personally feel like the entire spec is just a massive joke by the devs. You used to be the main damage dealer in arena teams but now you’re just keeping mortal wound up and thats about it. Not even EXECUTE does what an EXECUTE should, whenever you’re spamming 10k crits of which half is absorbed anyways. So yeah. If you want to perform in PvP, roll with the RMX meta that has existed since TBC, else you’re just holding yourself back.

5 Likes

arms is good in 3v3 arena and rated battlegrounds, but quite bad in 2v2. It’s not that good of a dueling specc as well, facing ret, dh, monk and druid means autoloose, but all other matchups are winnable. dunno about pve, don’t care.
get versatility and stay in def stance while no off cds are active and see yourself surviving quite alot.

All of you people just need to get better tbh.
Arms has some of the best pressure out of all the melees right now. DH, UDK, and WW are the only specs that outperform arms right now.
Fury is only 2v2 viable, and can just barely make it as KFC or WW+fury in 3v3.

Stack versatility and pick C&S if you want to prevent getting killed in stuns.

If you want to push 2v2 as arms, get yourself a healer that can handle survival+Rdruid and DH+Rdruid.

What the actual heck are you talking about Grovani? Are you sure you’re playing the warrior from the same game that we’re all playing right now?

I think you need to get better at understanding what the real problem is. No one is saying warriors are unplayable, sure you’ll do things BUT, at your best you’re still handicapped and heavily dependant on your team mates, with no room to outplay or do anything besides damaging your enemy.
It’s a problem that’s unique to our class and I personally would like to see improvements. Stuff like extending our roles beyond pure damage with utility abilities, giving warriors the ability to stand on it’s own and other things like that.

6 Likes

That is exacly what we want… and i hope in the next exp we shall do.

For PvP arms is good in 3s, not do much in 2s. I played it for ages in 2s though. 2s in gimmicky and the win often goes to a team with a big gimmick (eg thorns Vs a melee team with no purge). I gave up lately and went holy priest which is actually possibly worst 2s spec in existence. If you watch AWC arms does ok it’s just boring to be perma cc’ed.

Fury is good in 2s because of slow removal gimmick also self healing makes it better in bgs and wPvP.

I can point you towards 3 comments above yours stating warriors are among the worst.

You’re dependant on external heals I agree, but you’re not depending on anything else really, besides CC perhaps.

That describes every melee. WW, FDK, UDK, feral, survival, enh and ret are just damage bots with the occasional CC or utility.

We got just as many outplay buttons as everybody else. Warbanner, reflect, disarm and IS are playmaker abilities. If you can’t use these abilities right then it’s on you.
The only addition I’d like to be seen here is Intervene.

I agree, but only in the case of arms. Fury can do more than just stand on its own.
Unfortunately the game is not balanced around 1v1.

How does this statement even make sense? The cognitive dissonance in this argument is insane. First, you argue we’re dependent on someone healing us since that’s what external heals mean. Secondly, in the same sentence, you argue that we’re independent of anything else and then you add a further qualifier that we are dependent on something.

This argument has so much mental gymnastics in it I got dizzy just reading it.

Let me rephrase the sentence so it appears without “but” and “not”.

Now the sentence makes no sense as it states we need something, is otherwise independent, which goes against the thing of needing someone else for anything since the other classes you mention as examples do have adequate self-healing, and then the argument swings around again that we do need someone for something which goes against the statement of us being independent.

I know you add some words to make it seem less contradictionary and I’m sure it makes sense to you in your conscious mind. When I read it I just see word salad.

Fury is really good. You can survive in 1v1 vs any class. But damn arms is so weak. I mean sure your damage is on point but lack deffensives.

Gee didn’t realise we were plagued by the grammar police

1 Like

“My argument was picked apart so I need to do an ad hominem so I appear strong!”

It has nothing to do with grammar. If you truly subconsciously believed what you consciously believe you’d have used a different language to make the argument.