How are ya'll feeling about MW right now?

so true… ancient teachings needs some healing. It’s not that easy to heal in melee, and the faeline is not helping XD
MW is fun, but it’s far more easier to play other healers. We are low tier in mythic +, and low tier in raids… no BL, no Brez, no raid wide defensive… well… maybe the class need some help Blizzard, don’t you think ?

Sure, faeline sometimes screws me over but usually when you can melee something the output is so high that it doesn’t really matter if it always heals the lowest person or not.

What level of content are you struggling with? Can’t tell since you’re an alt.

We are not really struggling the content is clearable. Its just annyoing i perfectly set up my Teaching and bird etc and BAMMM 100k overheal into 99% HP target.

I know a boss mechanic/big bursting etc is coming i prepare for it and i get punished cuz bad RNG. You need to spend 5 globals minimum to set it up then when you unload nothing … what other healer requires you to do 5 global setup then heal for nothing ?

2 Likes

I’m sorry but WDYM we’re not struggling?!

I’m stuck in the +8-10 barracks and have one hell of a nightmare time while my braindead dps friends can advance further. Especially now with Griev + Bursting! Fae alone is useless unless birb god is out. Caster monk can handle the affixes easier but it’s still a complete PAIN when 3+ ppl get grievous even with REM stacks on all. Vivify is a complete joke.

Being stuck with PuG tanks is extra salt in the wounds now too- no offense to the few champs I’ve come across there tho.

I wish I could just bite the bullet and go dps but it’s mind numbing.

Sorry, I don’t wanna sound salty but I’m reliving shadowlands all over again. :sob:

1 Like

Same here. Don’t get me wrong, I love the playstyle, but when I see a resto druid press some hots while running laps in ranged and do more healing than me. Press some dots and do more damage than me. Group drops low and no hots are out? Press convoke and group is full…

It makes me wonder why I am torturing myself with this spec.

4 Likes

Don’t get me started. :joy:

I’m holding on hopes for 10.0.5 - but it seems to be an eternity away - meanwhile my rDruid is closing onto max level. :face_exhaling:

2 Likes

Idk, has felt fine to me so far. Swapped to reduced Revival CD from Zen Sphere and grabbed Font of Life since clearing Grievous + Bursting requires more aggressive EF use (+ extra RSKs are nice) and I haven’t really been having issues so far going up to 12s/13s. A lower Revival CD gives you a few more outs per run for when your DPS go monke mode and decide that going to 8 stacks of Bursting is a good idea.

Ancient Teachings still being RNG is idd a feels bad, but it’s far from unworkable imo. That said, I did finally hit a hard wall in a Nokhud 14 earlier, with the tornado boss being flat out unhealable (that or I’m bad kek). I am only 389 iLvl though (relative to the 395 dropped at 14), and I was the highest iLvl in the group, so it could have just been a gear issue.

Chi-Ji throughput is monstrous but sometimes Ancient Teachings just says no regardless of how many instant Enveloping Mists you put into the one guy on 5% that it’s refusing to heal lmao.

1 Like

This week’s affixes has not been working regardless of FW or caster MW - with anything +10 and up.

I’m at my wits end.

2 Likes

i love my MW gameplay, but i feel weak, compared to others healers. In M+, and in raid too.
My parse are good, compared to the other healers of my guild, but the numbers are weak. And my MW brings nothing useful to the group.

I looked at subcreation, just to get a look at it : in mythic raid, best healer : 130k HPS, best MW healer : 89k HPS. They are all good players (not like me XD), but the numbers are really different…
And in keys, it’s hard to heal sometimes (this week affixes… oO) because we need to be in melee to heal, but we have to move quite often. The faeline is not helping too. I love the gameplay, it’s fun, and i love my class, but we need some tuning, numbers are too low. With my evoker, i don’t play it really often, and it has low gear, i can heal and dps as much as my monk. And in warcraftlogs, my parse are good for my monk, generally, but bad with my evoker, although the numbers are the same and my evoker’s stuff lower than my monk’s…

I’m sad for my class, MW needs some love.

3 Likes

Let’s talk about the elephant in the room:

Nearly all of MW-s problems and shortcomings can be traced back to the removal of Chi.
And also because MW is basically 2 specs merged into one.

2 Likes

so true ! i miss my MOP monk (jab jab uplift <3)
They have to be clear : mistweaver or fistweaver, but this talent tree we have, is not really working. Or we need better numbers.

In SUbcreation, MW is F-tiers in keys, but also F-tiers in raids. In the monk Discord, they are always optimistic, but not right now. The clas need some skill cap to do the job, but other healing classes can do the same with less effort…

1 Like

For Mistweaving, what I would love to see in patch 10.0.5 is the following :

Sheinlun’s Gift can interact with soothing mist and become instant cast when we chanel this spell. The 2 sec cast time is a dealbreaker for me :frowning:

this way we would have a very interesting choice :

• Veil of Pride would basically become the old school Chi Explosion build
  • Shaohao’s lessons would be something new for monks, a gameplay based on powerful auras that would be super versatile in both PvE and PvP

It would feel Sooooooo Goooood.

Other than that, I think monks should get a little bit more mana in PvP lke … + 5% mana regen, nothing crazy. And it’d be great.

1 Like

I’m (sort of) OK with having to work harder than other healers, but there are situations where it’s simply impossible to make the spec work.

Un-meleeable bosses like the centaurs, and faeline stomp… .
THat bloody…faeline stomp, in M+…
Not getting the reset, having to move out, boss/trash moving away…
It completely kills the mobile aspect of this spec

It’s such a stupid, inconvenient spell for a melee to use and one wrong placement renders me almost useless. It’s so frustrating…

Yeah, the playstyle is great…in front of the cleave training dummies in valdrakken.

Just give us the buffs from standing in it as actual buffs, like ancient teachings as a christmas present.

2 Likes

Regardless of how perfectly you put down Faeline Stomp it’s a stupid mechanic however you look at it, ESPECIALLY with how skittish/mobile/dancing the tanks are in m+

I would just LOVE to hear their reasoning behind such a garbage spell. :man_facepalming:t2:

To be fair I’d rather keep BDB with the healing aspect from FLS baked into it (with a massive CD reduction ofc). It makes more sense and is at least mobile and fits our style.

I like the concept of FLS, I just wish it would:

a) be a buff on us, not require us to stay in it
b) have reset procs that didn’t require being in it, or just plain have a 5s CD
c) be reliably visible to the party

Because if the tank has to move mobs, and can’t see that he could just walk along the length of the faeline, suddenly your healing drops off a cliff and idk what we’re meant to do about it. Put world markers down and ask them to stand there if possible? I don’t enjoy having to anticipate where the tank is going to move to next, that’s an extra mechanic that other healers don’t have to plan for.

Honestly, I still don’t feel good about my burst damage response either. Chi Ji could use an instant application of the HoT he adds to EnvMist when summoned, just to avoid that wind up period before he really starts working. It would help make 1-minute bird just that little bit punchier and more useful.

That or dial up the base power/cleave of Vivify so that if we do get forced out of melee, we can hard cast and it actually does something. Right now I feel that my “panic healing” is weaker than standing in FL and kicking and my instincts to “heal harder” under pressure lead me astray more often than not.

But overall, it’s still one of our strongest expansion starts yet. Fistweaving is fun when the group is decent, mana use is barely a problem, and we can see Blizz are planning changes for 10.0.5, which makes me optimistic that we won’t get stuck in an 8-month rut like we did in Shadowlands where nobody wanted us in their party. The impending Revival buff will certainly help, as we can pair it with 3-minute bird and have a big cooldown available every 90 seconds; or about once per pack in M+.

The only reason I’m slightly down on the spec is that I’ve also been playing PrEvoker, which quite simply has better snap healing response in M+. In fact, I will pug on the evoker, and only run with my guild on the monk, because the former is just safer for those less organised groups…

i agree so much !

ANd yes it’s stupid, we are supposed to be really mobile, but with the FLS… it’s complicated…

I don’t like it when it’s a DH tank, i know my FLS is gonna suck because they will fly everywhere around, far away from my FLS XD

why people can’t see this stuff ? serisouly ? it’s not like we have to stand in it to heal, and our healing sucks when we are away from it…
And as always, no communication from devs…

1 Like

I finally bit the bitter bullet and rolled a resto dragon- not re-rolled, mind you. I haven’t suffered all these years only to abandon my monk now.

Sure he’s only in +6-8s now (and climbing RAPIDLY) but I’m already feeling the weight of the (monk) world coming off my shoulders. :sob: He’s so easy to heal with it’s not even fair.

I’m back on my monk next week hopefully. The affixes looks manageable compared to this hellish week.

1 Like

i think in Terms of Playstil MW-Monk is pretty fine

I am more concerned about the Numbers: i hitting a Brick-wall on +16 / +15 Tyranical in some Dungeons. The HPS output feels to low and the Mana cost feels to high.

The Changes which will comeat 10.5 wont change at this topic because you will have to invest points at the end of the skilltree for it (These points are our most important points)

In Raid i feel quite good but we also need some better numbers.

I Hope blizz will buff up some numbers so our rather “risky” playstil of Melee DPS get rewarded with good HPS

Otherwise evoker / Druid / Paladin will outshine us in even higher keys

I will try my evoker this week and see how imbalanced this heal-Meta is :smiley:

Imo, whatever you are comfortable with as MW, add 2 key levels to it for an evoker at the same ilvl.

I’m not pushing high, I just want to run a bunch of 9-12s during the holidays to get my gear ready to start heroic raiding. With a guild group, my MW feels ok; I’m happy doing 12s and 13s this week, and the end chests drop upgrades so that seems like a fair and fine place to be capping out :smile_cat:

Buuut… evoker’s toolset is just geared for pugging. It responds better to people standing in fire and eating avoidable damage, quickly fixing them where MW wants to trickle feed them their health back. I think the overall healing over time (say 3 minutes) is probably about equal, but because evoker delivers it up front it is more suited to chaotic dungeon life.

Side note; once you’ve burnt your 30 second CDs on evoker and run out of essence, you better hope the group isn’t in the fire any more because you’ve got nothing until you recharge. It’s not a flawless spec by any means, it’s just that its healing power ebbs and flows every 30 seconds vs MW’s 60-180 second Chi Ji cycle. I suspect 3 minute Chi Ji is often overkill and have been running minute-bird this week, which seems to suit fortified quite well and is helping in pugs.

There’s always at least one affix designed to test/pressure the healers, but with MW monk it feels as if some are there to completely wall/dominate/block/eradicate/“you-get-the-point” monk healers. If it isn’t bursting it’s some other BS - namely fortified this week -

I ran - aka got carried - a +16 the day before yesterday with a grp of friends (that all are in +19/20) only to fail miserably no matter how perfectly I tried to pop cds & pots. I tried going as both FW and caster. It did not matter, I could not keep up with the AoE pressure - we went 50 mins over the timer and I tried talking them out of wasting their time on me (they were and still are supportive of my class choice).

Needless to say that SHOOK me up more than I thought it would. So much so that I’m completely gutting this character.

Now I’m a dragon, already doing 2-3 keys above me ilvl without breaking a sweat or going below 60% mana (why is their mana management insane?!).

I feel like crying because I wanna stick with my monk but I don’t want to be a handicap on my m+ team.

2 Likes