How can there possibly be peace?

First off - people who get so personally invested in the lore that they cannot separate out the game from reality - need to relax. It’s perfectly possible to admit the horde has been a force for evil and STILL enjoy playing that role. There is ZERO problem with that.

Ion literally said in interview that the horde committed genocide…genocide…from a lore standpoint - it makes absolutely zero sense for the Alliance to agree to an armistice. For the sake of lore they need to stop making the Alliance the whipping boy always suing for peace.

Let some reality sink in. let the Alliance hold the grudge, let the Alliance behave like rationale actors and not be able to let it go, not sue for peace. Stop making one dimensional villain horde and goody goody Alliance. That is not the way these powers work.

It makes no sense for the Alliance to agree to peace with the horde and for the sake of the narrative structure, i think the Alliance needs a streak of bad to them to compensate.

3 Likes

That’s true, and that’s also why there is no peace. Just an armistice. If the Alliance forgives the horde then it makes absolutely no sense. Horde has to make up for quite a lot. It’s not a 2 sided faction war anymore, at this point it’s the horde being evil and the alliance being good.
Some redemption for the horde needs to happen that makes up for their atrocities, and just swapping their warchief won’t be enough this time.

I hope another faction war will happen, one in which specifically the Night Elves and the Worgen land a huge blow on the horde.

1 Like

You’re almost there. The lore doesn’t make sense.

4 Likes

Humans commited 2 genocides. One together with elves, another time successfully as they actually drove the nation extinct - in Kul’Tiras.

And the hilarious thing is that they are portrayed as noble faction when they’re best example of winner writing history.

Horde is bad for taking lands and killing people while doing it -but apparently alliance isn’t for doing exact same thing.

So yeah the narrative is very poor because history shows that situation is so black and white and devs are doing their best to polarise two factions for evil monsters and goodie two shoes apparently.

But I agree that peace shouldn’t be an option, non agression temporary truce- ok. But no peace, not after Teldrassil and Dazar’Alor.

3 Likes

And is there any problem with people that enjoy a good faction war story, but do not see the overarching warmongering, a force of evil?

Asking for a friend.

I mean, Sylvanas crap aside, there are some that saw the validity of wanting to wage war against the Alliance. And do not feel an ‘evil force’ for wanting such…

You make it seem as this is a new.
Mind I remind you, that the response we had for those that wanted retribution for suffering from genocide, was to kick them harder into the ground?

I’m sorry, but if the Horde is to be written stupid as to shoot themselves in the foot regarding warring motives, the Alliance must be written equally idiotic as to lap on the whole thing and let whatever slights they had, just die away.

You can’t have both the Horde sabotaging its own war effort for moral, without the Alliance being subject to the same stupidity that makes them slip whatever grudge they might have.

War is one thing, executing civilians and then burning thousands of innocents and children alive is a whole nother level.

Yup, 8.1 was a pretty bad joke.

The alliance is more idiotic than you can think of, the prime example is Anduin.

He was there when his father had the chance to dismantle the horde. He convinced his father not to do it. He saw how thousands of innocents had to burn because of that decision, and now he does the same mistake again and wants to forgive the horde because somehow, a treaty will hold them back. We saw how a treaty held them back in the War of Thorns. Not only did they invade the lands even though they promised not to, but they also killed countless of innocents in the most painful ways possible.

And that’s just one example of Anduin’s stupidity.

1 Like

With a scale difference, both sides have done such.

But still, I don’t see why wouldn’t someone feel entitled or eager about waging war ingame, and not feel nor want to be tagged as evil for it.
Warring doesn’t mean someone should be willing to do the above, and in this recent conflict, both instances seem to be conceived with the very specific purpose of going for villainising a specific character.

That is probably because they are on random races and not tied to factions or some sort of greater group.

Because the sky is literal torn apart and serving as a portal to Hell itself. Is that not enough?

True. We have to finish what we started at Teldrassil.

There can’t :3 and that’s a good thing.

1 Like

you can have the elves but in return all the ebonblade must submit to execution for their crimes against the silverhand

The expansion after the the expansion after shadowlands will see the war begin again, don’t worry. And I’m certain the Alliance will once again win the war and dethrone whoever leads the Horde by funding another terror cell.

That is a sacrifice i am willing to make. Night elf posting must be stopped before it consumes all of azeroth.

I think the only way to balance things, assuming going forward they have no intentions to let go the faction conflict is, next faction conflict expansion, the Alliance will have to play the agressor role.

It can be written in example like a reversed Cataclysm expansion for the Alliance.
Something happens in Azeroth that requires Anduin, to leave the Alliance as Thrall had.

Someone more aggressive is on Alliance command like Garrosh.
Genn or Tyrande unfortunately don’t fit that role, they are blinded by vengeance.
It would have to be a human as Garrosh was a Orc that succeeded Thrall a Orc leader.

I am all up for scaling the blood balance on the conflict.
That would allow for the Alliance players to get some vengeance, while allowing the Horde players to have some lore rocks to throw, because now both factions have done it.
And no, I don’t think camp Taraujo, Dalaran purge, Undercity and Dazar’alor scales the balance, the Horde needs to switch places with the Alliance.
Thrall, Baine, Lor’themar, Thalyssra, Mayla can make that happen in six years.

But honestly, I doubt that will ever happen.
Yes the Alliance are portrayed as victims, but they are also a example.
Anduin is portrayed as an example of non toxic masculinity.
So I don’t believe this will ever change.

That’s my opinion.
Cheers.

2 Likes

If this was realistic, or written as if any of these events had the Inpact they should of, no piece of paper would stop this war.

Night Elves and Gilneans are still looking for vengeance, while everyone else has so much blood on their hands that forgiving eachother should be near enough impossible.

If i were going from an RP standpoint, Ive turned hundreds of each race into nothing but ashes, Would the horde forgive me 'cos Anduin said so? I doubt it.

1 Like

Yeah the end of the war campaign is what pretty much killed what enjoyment I had left in the story.
We’ve had to see this same situation play out just a few years ago, and it was bad enough back then. Now it happens again. Alliance doesn’t get to have its revenge, they pull their punches (post Dazar’alor notably), and they just leave. AGAIN. Everything is pinned on one person AGAIN even though the Horde kept following them. And to add insult to injury, Anduin has a speech about how great Saurfang was… ugh.

It’s a joke and playing Alliance is for masochists. Then again the other option is playing the bad guy, and if you don’t want to then tough luck.

2 Likes

Because Blizzard wants to. That’s why. You don’t have to like it, but Blizzard is done with any faction war story. Should have been that way since Warcraft 3 ended. Was about damm time.

Or you can accept that you won the war and be content with that. There can never be a satisfying ending to a faction war story and the sooner we’re done with it the better for both sides.

1 Like

it should have ended with the complete Dismantling of the alliance and horde as factions but blizz chickened out just like in mist … gotta sell those t-shirts you know

gotta rile up people every blizzcon by scream FOR THE HERDE! and watch the sheep reply like always

1 Like