How can ya'll play Demon Hunter?

Sup!

I have a dh and I think dh’s are really cool and I like everything about them but I just don’t understand how ya’ll can play as one.

It’s nothing offending I just want to know.

As I said I like everything about them + their lore. Their mobility is awesome but their rotation.

I just can’t stand it.

Frost dk doesn’t seem to have more buttons to press but I don’t feel the same with frost. Don’t know why.

Do ya’ll play dh and like the rotation?

Im just interested to know if everyone feel like me or if there is people that like their rotation?

Thanks!

1 Like

Generally speaking the demon hunter community has asked for more depth and buttons to press but that wish stays a wish I fear… I mean we will get a weaker version of Immolation Aura base line in Shadowlands… But that is not enough…

So we just play them because they are still fun to play, double jump and fel rush help a lot.

2 Likes

DHs have great mobility, useful toolkit, cool lore, fast-paced gameplay, awesome meta, amazing animations & abilities, and easy way to get good numbers; if you also add complexity and high skill ceiling, then majority of players would roll a DH.

Despite select few complaining about the upcoming changes to Havoc in SL, we gonna have even more DHs because there will be another build beside Demonic. Which will involve some sort of skill ceiling.

On a personal note, I completely agree with you. I started this xpack on a DH: I lasted 3/4 of Dazar’alor patch. I picked up DH again in 8.3, due to the crazy builds of having 8k+ haste and 10 sec cd of Memebeam: but I lasted 3 weeks. I just can’t spam the same few buttons.

2 Likes

I’m in this period of an xpac where I try a lot of different class/specs. But I always end up returning to my mage. Before I retried DH. It’s funny that people are saying you press less buttons as DH despite being one of the highest APM class in game. And when you start doing challenging content, you’ll end up pressing a lot more buttons than most of the casters for example.

The amount of utility I bring in higher MM+ keys is very satisfying. Having a short cd, ranged cut, an aoe stun, an aoe defensive, a purge and as a BE, an aoe purge, is very interesting. I’m feeling way more usefull as a DH, having a good AOE dps is just a bonus at this point.

So how can I play DH ? I press more buttons that people think I am pressing. Like, actually all of them. But that, people won’t notice.

Oh and playing the game on 2x speed compared to other classes is also funny. And warglaives too.

5 Likes

Utility and uniqueness is the answear in short.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s true. Havoc isn’t a 2 or 3 button spec. There is a bit more in its rotation, but, I think it feels like a 3 button spec because there is very little thought process that goes into pressing them (the rotational abilities). And DH is like that because when it was created, Blizz released a statement that they are prunning classes to allow players to focus more on the fight, rather than their bars.

1 Like

Fdk is pretty much the same but it has the best skill ingame for me BoS that makes it COOL for how long the player can maintain it.

Now DH feels like im loosing brain cells, the class exist so that newer players to WoW can blend in caring less about buttons the press and more to their surroundings + mechanics. That is the reason blizzard have them so OP with such minimal effort. The newbie class :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s funny because you can say that about all classes. Take any class, delete all their non rotation abilities, and you’ll end up with 5-6 buttons that require minimal thinking to work. How many players I see in M+ not cutting as often as they can, not stunning, not purging buff or worse, ENRAGE (yeah druids and hunters, you can do that), but hey, they are not DH so they are not retarded I guess. /shrug

And yet, while we are doing all of that, we are still retarded because we play DH. Just wait the next class to become the new “newbie class”.

5 Likes

I love how you skipped the important part of my answer. I was specificaly talking about the NON-rotation abilities, because all classes are braindead rotation wise.

What makes a good DH is how it uses all his tools : purge/aoe purge very important buff, cut as often as possible, use his stun to cancel annoying abilities, use his mobility to bait/kite some mechanics.

People thinking they are smarter because they have more buttons in their bar while using realisticaly 5 of them (looking at you mages) are often people that don’t understand why DH is strong and why it’s rewarding to play it. And it’s not it’s damage.

3 Likes

I play monk/priest.
You can say Hpriest is dirt easy for sure, the DH of healers but WW/Shadow is right the opposite of DH.

Its not about how many keys u have, WW has more keys from Shadow the problem is how many mistakes you are allowed to do and how your buttons affect each other.

DH is gather resource, spend resource use X-Y-Z mini CD’s
There are specs in this game that have a serious depth to their rotation, i think you should dig a bit other classes and master them to see what im talking about.

1 Like

I played mostly fire/frost mage (my main), enhancement sham, balance druid, shadow priest and affli lock. None of them seems really hard. Maybe more punitive, that I can agree, but not harder.

I’m still thinking that way too much players don’t use all the tools at their disposal and should stop envying what DH can do and see what they can do. Or just reroll DH as I did.

2 Likes

I dont think facts stated by the whole WoW community is envy just because they dont agree with your theory.

You gather resource, you spend resource. Thats it

2 Likes

I like them because they are fast paced. It keeps me busy and energised.

I wish we had more buttons to press for single target and more for multi target instead of having the same skills for both situations.

1 Like

What do you want me to answer to hater like you ? The fact that you come in a thread about why we love DH and you just find another occasion to throw the usual “DH 2 buttons rotation rEtardZ” (sry I made it shorter) is just another reason for me to believe people are jealous about what DH can do and what they cannot.

2 Likes

I have never used that awful word you did use but as ive told you, im playing the DH of healers right now Hpriest. I DO KNOW its an 1-2-3 spec, im not replying “they are envious” its just they way it is and there is nothing bad about it…

What did you expect people to call it high skill cap just because you love it?
I love Hpriest too but… Its a 1-2-3 spec :wink:

1 Like

Then if you think your class is 1-2-3, you could probably do better. And I’m sure you are doing better and using way more than your 1-2-3 rotation. People should stop thinking that a class comes down to it’s rotation. What’s interesting is what tools they bring. Nobody care about rotation complexity when you are doing high M+ or raid.

1 Like

My logs are gold on that priest…
The class is 1-2-3 and it takes 0 preparation to AoE or ST burst. Like your DH.

That is the problem with DH, it has 0 rotation and none of your skills affects the next tone. Its just gather resource, spend it and repeat until mini CDs are up.

2 Likes

And I love how you skipped my previous post where I said everything you just flamed me for.

1 Like

I enjoy playing DH and the main reason (besides mobility) is that there’s no active RNG in the rotation. Playing reactively to my own abilities annoys me to no end. I know my CDs by feel alone and i can focus 100% on things going on around me rather than whether something important proc’ed or not.

Number of buttons has nothing to do with it. Doesn’t matter if it’s 5 buttons or 20 as long as i can keep 100% control of my own character’s skills at any given moment and play by muscle memory.

2 Likes

DH is a priority system, not a rotation, which is what Blizzard seems to be working towards for all classes.

1 Like