How dead is it gonna be

I can dig that.

Here’s the classic playerbase for you/

1- people who complain a lot right now, who actually don’t play retail anyways.

2- People who complain and still play retail until classic.

3- Streamers.

4- people curious about classic hype who want to see what the hell is going on there.

5- People who left wow a long time ago and classic is nostalgic enough to bring them back.

6- and a very small group who experiences classic for the first time and enjoys it enough to stay.

Other than group 2, the rest have zero effect on retail.

2 Likes

You also have to remember that a lot of players in retail have sunk a lot of time and money into it and aren’t going to abandon their guilds and hard work just so they can go all “EHRMEGED GAIZ LUK AT MI I EM PLAYENG A MOAR CHALLENGUNG GAEM”

6 Likes

Hope it won’t let you down too much, but if the beta taught us something it’s that 1.12 vanilla wasn’t as hard as expected.

1 Like

I prefer retail more than classic, though I’ll have to say classic feels bigger and just more adventurous than retail. I really like making new friends while leveling, seeing that same guy who I ran Deadmines with leveling in STV.

There are also players who simply just don’t care about Classic and will carry on regardless in Retail.

7 Likes

Call me when they add TBC or Wotlk.

I’m not fond of 1 viable spec ( maybe ) per class that is classic.

Are we called zoomers now? That’s pretty cool. I may try out Classic but later when it isn’t full of people. It won’t be empty for long but that’s fine by me.

1 Like

Why am I being called a zoomer and why is it a negative thing :thinking:

With cross realms and all that I doubt you’ll even notice but I’ve been surprised before. When D3 came out kazzak alliance died out completely.

A brief lull in retail activity as peeps try on their classic pants, then the majority return mid September with a slight sub loss from grind exhaustion.

Yes, all 5 of your friends will quit retail and therefore it will completely die. No one will ever play it again because it’s absolutely not possible that some people prefer BfA. The second part of your name checks out.

1 Like

Many.

‘Everyone you know’ equates to maybe 0.0001% of the playerbase. Not really a good basis to make such claims.

Insulting people who don’t like classic huh?
The classic forums are that way ---->
Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

OP living up to their name.

Classic isn’t for me, but I’m not sad enough to go to their forums to troll their choice. I’d appreciate the same courtesy.

4 Likes

Sure about that? 8.2 brought a couple of people back but everybody’s friends list says otherwise. Guess we’ll never know so long as they are too bashful to release their sub numbers again. Most people including streamers and old WoW players seem to have renewed their sub solely because of Classic.

Except it is not. Can people stop using this argument? It’s frankly insulting and condescending to shrug off the interest in Classic as “just nostalgia.” Classic is a different game with gameplay philosophies that don’t match up with Retail’s. Yes, there will be a large crowd of tourists that will decide Classic is not for them. For others Classic signifies a more rewarding type of game that gives you gratification that Retail does not.

3 Likes

Hard when most people post classic crap in general … :joy:

1 Like

The last 5 letters of the charactername says all you need to know.

1 Like

I would say extremely few will remain in classic , people just want old feelings back which is kind of impossible , who want’s to kill wolves and boars in elwyn forest ?!

I foresee a crapstorm whit classic :slight_smile: , those old things and features where primitive that’s why people wanted a fast paced game … .

I’m curious what will happen but from my objective point of view ( and from my memories in classic) i just don’t see how this can be a success for this company or for players .
Best of luck to a:crazy_face:ll

I’ll be playing both. I intend to level really slowly in classic anyway, so it won’t really interrupt my retail play too much. That being said, I really, really can’t wait to sink my teeth into the old pre-cataclysm content. I remember it well, and I’m really excited to experience that all over again.

I’ve reserved my names for Hydraxian Waterlords, so I’ll see you all there! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

classic> bfa, enough said

3 Likes