How difficult does it have to be to get help?

Magical In-Game Bug Report

CS doesn’t handle nor forward bug reports: We submit bug reports through the In-Game Bug Report in the Europe Region.
Reports submitted in this fashion will not receive a response. Instead, they’ll be directed to the teams responsible for addressing them.

To report a bug in-game:

1. Press Esc or click the ? button to open the menu.
  2. Click Support.
    2.5 Note: Do NOT use search bar or click “Contact Support” links.
  3. Click Submit feedback or bug report, the middle button in the row with the Anub’Arak bug/insect icon.
  4. Enter the details of the bug into the Submit a bug description box, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  5. Click Submit.
    If prompted to go to US Bug Report forum, go back to step 2.5

You can submit a bug report ingame if you follow the instructions to this big Anub’Arak icon.

they do not care

2 Likes

If you bothered to read my post, this is exatcly the part that doesnt work and just sends me into a “loop”.

And the imgur guide also points which button you have to click at that point.

I followed those steps correctly, still didn’t send me to a place where I could actually report the bug.

We have a lot of people come to the forums who insist they do not find the button that after some discussion have clicked the wrong buttons ingame, what are you seeing at this moment?

Upload the screenshot at imgur and paste it here with backticks ``.

Edit2: I added the first 2 steps to my screenshot guide and you should then be able to see the middle button it’s only 2 clicks at this point before clicking on Anub’Arak.

Edit3: For example in this post above mines there was a poster who said he just clicked 1 other button but was 4 other buttons before he got stuck in a loop.

I literally saw a blue poster the other day telling people in a thread they have forwarded an in-game bug issue for “escalation”. Someone is not being consistent.

You meant this post?

The caveat is, for major/critical or gamebreaking bugs they can be asked by the developers to gather information.

The problem is that posters come here and declare a cosmetic colour or shoulders ‘floating’ as being ‘gamebreaking’ and want it to be escalated in a Priority 1 Bugfix as an example.

Generally however most bugs should be reported through the ingame button as that also attaches a lot of internal info besides the box you fill in or on the US bug report forums as advised by our resident Blizzardian here:

There is some great information provided by Saneko here, and as the “resident Blizzardian” (I might get myself a t-shirt with that printed on…) I can only confirm pretty much all that was said.

I’d like to underline one specific detail here, when it comes to how bug reports work and which role Gamemasters can have in that. By and large, both GMs and forum crew are not involved in the process, but there are a small amount of exceptions to this. Sometimes an already known bug has a work-around/solution that can be applied from our end without having to wait for a developer to actually change the code, and if a bug cannot be reproduced by our QA/development teams we may indeed reach out to players who have encountered the issue first-hand and gather information from them.

For the ~99% of time where none of the above applies, using the embedded bug-reporting system within the game is the best way forward. Said reports gather a wealth of environmental data from the game client, in addition to the information provided by whoever submits the report, which in sum puts our QA-team into a much better position when it comes to reproducing the circumstances that lead to the issue - and once those are known, a solution is typically a lot more quickly found. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s very weird that you need to put an image for people to know where to click.
Bug reporting and ticket submission are, at the moment, exhausting processes.
This just gives all the wrong messages, because I’m pretty sure that a company like Blizzard can certainly do much better than me in the bug report/ticket submission area - in fact, me and many others know this from what we’ve seen in the past.

It happens quite often on the forum that the forum regulars had to resort to creating a screenshot, and even then players seem to miss the button.

To reach the bug report you only need 3 clicks after logging into the game which is quite simple.

From several other posts I’ve seen players claim this button doesn’t exist (but don’t provide a screenshot), not follow instructions, focus on entirely different buttons not relevant to bug reporting etc etc.

how can I read something what doesn’t exist? :woman_facepalming: :person_facepalming: :man_facepalming: There is no answer.

If you bothered to check my post, you would know there is no answer -_-

it is not a bug -_-

Edit - as you can’t post more than 3 replies o.O - here:

thank you all who managed to help me … which is nobody. I managed to fix it by myself and done -_-

How about just letting us post on the US forums? The EU forums is like screaming in to the void anyway. :slight_smile:

They also mysteriously vanish, almost as if they suddenly found the button.

1 Like

You can post on the US bug report forums if you follow my guide, but beware that their forums very rarely receive a blue post only to request for more information in certain bugs.

I was just thinking more broadly. There is no reason the forums couldnt be one and the same.

I think they are kept geographically separate because the games are also geographically separate. Which makes a kind of sense.

It doesnt tho. Add the server or region next to the name or something. No other forum works like this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.