How do I get MVP on the forums?

hi guys,

I post on the forums often, and I’m helping other daily and spreading joy. How can I get green text here on the forums, and get the tag “MVP”?

Should I talk to any admin who can upgrade me?

Thank you

It might help if you stop making troll threads all the time.

32 Likes

Me after taking a look at your Activity History posts calling everyone “noobs”

27 Likes

The first step is to stop posting bait, complaints and being the lower part of a person’s backside.

And you should definitely ask an admin to look at your threads so you can be upgraded, yes.

Jade Serpent guide you.

Omg, even i deserve mvp before u do, and i only post gifs :sweat_smile:

26 Likes

Step 1: be able to find stuff (bonus if it is from official sources) when others fail to use Google. So this topic already shows why you should not be one.

Step 2: post a lot, with step 1 in the back of your mind.

Step Z: derail topics.

4 Likes

I think you have to sacrifice a 6 year 6 months and 6 days old goat on exactly 0.00 on mount Kilimajaro under a full moon while singing “I’m blue dabadi, dabado, dabadi, dabado” to appease the forum gods.
If you succeed a secret quest will be revealed to you and if you complete that quest in the said timeframe there is a slight chance you might end up an MVP.
But what that quest is, that’s a secret noone has yet revealed.
Good luck!!

6 Likes
  1. Always sound positive, even if you criticize something from the game, end your sentences with positivity.
  2. Avoid criticizing the game, but if it’s inevitable, be moderate (see 1.) and still friendly and hopeful.
  3. Do not get into fights with other posters, of if you have to, do not express what you really think, in a way you’d otherwise express yourself if you weren’t aiming for MVP. Additional use of smilies and gifs might help.
  4. Your replies might not always be meaningful, this is not required. But post often in as much topics as you can, minding 1.

That way you might finally get the attention of the secret decision makers.

4 Likes

Keep creating threads on the forum asking to be a MVP until someone in Blizzard notices you.

3 Likes

Step 1 : Be a shill, even if you criticize the game it must be as loud as ant steps.

Step 2 : Create a circle jerk gang around here.

Step 3 : Play safe bets with your ideas or play to majority around here. Avoid talking pretentiously so there won’t be a backlash to you.

Step 4 : Screw it, MVP has no value.

1 Like

Lol at salty replies.

It is not about being a shill or a blizzard yes man, contrary to what people think. Plenty of mvps criticise the game and blizz decisions. They simply do it in a way that avoids being over dramatic, non constructive, hyperbolic and personal. They can express their own opinions. People confusing green posts with blue posts.

The key thing seems to be they always conduct themselves rather professionally, so don’t get engaged in spats, or if they do they don’t descend into personal name calling or insulting, keeping it as an argument exchange.
They also tend to be very helpful in giving advice about the game directly, or by sharing links and information, and if they don’t know, they try to point someone to a source that might know. The information is objective, so not “i did this because I’m so awesome pro, so do it and u can be pro too like me humblebrag”

Generally their presence on the forums is a net positive, so they’re more helpful than not by a fairly vast amount. They don’t stoke doomsday fires for the sake of it, or troll, or just spread negativity. This is not the same thing as being a “blizzard cuck”. It’s about making sure the discussion environment remains somewhat constructive.

So where people go “lol it’s the forums, what do you expect”, the mvps are the ones who try to make the forums less of that hotbed of whine threads, paranoia, faction insulting etc and make it a place where information sourcing and non trolly discussions can actually happen.

Regarding value. Most mvps I’ve seen are rather neutral about their status. They accept it but don’t brag about it or see it as some way of elevation. Its about whether other people see value in it (are helped by their posts) which they are. It’s about other ppl, not them. People who look at mvp from perspective of individual benefit and value “what is in it for me, I see no point lol” are doing it wrong, it is not about you, it is about everyone but you. That is why they are mvps and you aren’t.

5 Likes

Being personal means being human, we can successfully get even-toned, “professional”, cold-written comments from bots, too. One can be constructive and personal in the same time.

maybe it doesn’t mean anything, maybe it doesn’t need to…maybe people gravitate towards them because they are friendly and helpful…i’m not cosying up to them when i say this is possibly the most cynical thing i’ve read in a while…-.-

and op, thank you for the laugh…:slight_smile:

…when people ask you ‘why do you need that much horsepower?’ … just walk away, you don’t need that negativity in your life…

Possible, yes, often unhelpful though. When criticising a game company where you know none of the individuals involved on a personal level, getting personal, even if not negative or insulting, doesn’t add anything of value and all too often detracts value where it is insulting.

By personal I mean showing one’s passion, emotion about the subject. Perhaps you mean something else?

Yeah I didn’t mean that, I agree with you in that sense. Showing your personal traits in your argument is different from involving the personal traits of those you’re arguing against. The first mvps do, the second they don’t.

There I have to disagree, I don’t see much passion from MVP’s, compared to one of “non-MVP” posters. Often it’s some kind of corporate-type tone - being helpful and impersonal, even if they are directly targeted (not always by personal attack, but comments directed at them). Entirely avoiding conflict is what they do, in contrast to participating in a heated debate in an intelligent way.

Also “Create a circle jerk gang around here” , that guy is completely right in what he said.

Overal, IMO this MVP thing is unnecessary.

2 Likes

I don’t think you become MVP by asking someone to give it to you. You rather have to meet the standards of what it means to be MVP in Blizzards eyes. Probably there are some guidlines.

it’s a fact that people are cliquey regardless of any ‘rank’, here or anywhere…and while MVP might be unnecessary, is there really any harm in it? can’t see why people have attacked them in the past just for being green…

1 Like

I love how everyone is replying to him normally and feeding him, treating his thread like a serious question. Keep it up guys.

1 Like